Hardcore Superstar - HCSS

Stefan

New album out April 22nd.

From FB:

Oh yes - folks - here we have it - the treat of the day! A sneak preview into the sonic madness of our upcoming album "HCSS". We present to you ”Don’t Mean Shit" - the opening track of our new album and the song to kick all your parties into gear in 2015!

www.hardcoresuperstar.com

superstar.jpg

Tracks:

01. Don't Mean Shit
02. Party 'Til I'm Gone
03. The Cementery
04. Off With Their Heads
05. Fly
06. The Ocean
07. Touch The Sky
08. Growing Old
09. Glue
10. Messed Up For Sure

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad but I wanna hear better songs on the new album to be honest. Heavier riffs, catchier choruses.

Yeah I agree, I was hoping for something closer to Dreamin or Beg For It sound, but they usually deliver so I'll check it out for sure.

Well I'll just say what everyone is really thinking. Those songs are shit. Both of them. I hope to christ that's not representative of how this album is going to sound, otherwise this is going to be a big hiccup in their recent discography.

i believe a lot of these songs are re-recorded versions of a demo they did back in 1994, which is likely to explain the raw sound.

Is this true? They were an awful band in 1994. It'd go a long way to explaining why I don't like those songs. Considering it wasn't until 2005 when they offered their first good album, I hope to the sweet lord above that they don't go back to a time when they sucked to gain inspiration.

This band is totally hit or miss with me. Have some great songs and a lot of duds and not one cd that I love. Not sure what I think about these tracks.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'll just say what everyone is really thinking. Those songs are shit. Both of them. I hope to christ that's not representative of how this album is going to sound, otherwise this is going to be a big hiccup in their recent discography.

i believe a lot of these songs are re-recorded versions of a demo they did back in 1994, which is likely to explain the raw sound.

Is this true? They were an awful band in 1994. It'd go a long way to explaining why I don't like those songs. Considering it wasn't until 2005 when they offered their first good album, I hope to the sweet lord above that they don't go back to a time when they sucked to gain inspiration.

what geoff said, never really been a hcss fan myself and like this even less...

here ya go:

The album is produced by the band and mixed by Joe Barresi (Slipknot, Queens Of The Stone Age, Soundgarden, etc…). To reinvent themselves and find the feeling and the vibe that inspired them in the first place, Hardcore Superstar went back to their old demos form 1994. The result is a fresh and contemporary album that doesn’t forget the core roots of the band’s music.

Hardcore Superstar say “Basically – to reinvent ourselves we had to go back to the summer of -94 when we first started this band and through that get in contact with the feeling and the vibe that inspired us in the first place. That same philosophy goes for the whole album – how we approached the recordings, artwork, choice of the right guy to mix the album and so on. In a way we are backtracking our roots to show ourselves why we once started this band. What we found out is that the very things that got us together in the first place are the same things that still get us going. So this is nothing less than Hardcore Superstar coming full circle by showing our fans where we come from and what we still believe in!”

I got into them around the time of 'No Regrets' so returning to their old style is not an issue to me. I love the debut... It's had more trashy punk elements.

It's like comparing Too Fast For Love to Dr Feelgood in production.

The only disc that didn't jump out at me is 'thank you' althought there are a few songs on there I love.

Wow, this album is really going to suck. Were their sales that poor that this reinvention was necessary? Or perhaps they were just artistically unhappy? Either way, I feel like a lot of their current fans will not take too kindly to this at all.

Its funny, I'd sell my balls for most, if not all other bands from the 80's/90's that are still active now to go back to their old demos for inspiration, or re-recording. But definitely not a band like HS, who were so awful back then.

I will try this out, but I have definitely scratched this off my list of albums to be excited about, at all. In fact, I dread it.

Sounds very blah and watered down. Even boring...the last two cd's were awesome but not feeling the clips on this one.

Agree!

what geoff said, never really been a hcss fan myself and like this even less...

Agree!

• 3 weeks later...