Def Leppard 2015

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

Can anybody tell me who's opening for these bastards on their Canada tour? I just saw Tesla is opening in August. I highly doubt they'd be on the Canadian bills, but that would actually get me to go. I can't find any information on their website, or on LiveNation.

I've been wondering the same...

I heard one interview where it seemed to be suggested that the Canadian shows may not have an opener...Or might just have a local band opening. It was also suggested that the Canadian shows might be slightly extended Leppard shows in the 2 hour range.

Don't quote me on that though as I haven't seen anything else. Gotta think the longer it goes the more likely it will be that it will just be Leppard playing those shows.

• My Little Pony

Thanks. That's kinda what I thought.

I don't have tickets, and it will remain that way. I'm not interested in spending a lot of money to hear Joe Elliot try to sing his songs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in hearing any reviews of this. They're playing 20 minutes away, but I still don't have tickets. The last few times I saw DL, Joe's voice was so shot, it wasn't even worth it. Can't imagine it's gotten much better.

I haven't even looked to see how far along in the tour my local show is, but if I hear decent reviews, I may call and see if there are any (cheap) tickets left. (I'm not really all about paying a ton of money for good shows, let alone for this.)

Down here in Australia Leppard are touring with LIVE.

As in the twerps that recorded 'Lightning crashes?' That's an odd combo.

• 3 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Phil Collen with an old friend in Auburn, Washington 9-16-2015 (well, a new version of an old friend, anyway).

048_zpsurguvwzc.jpg

I'm surprised your camera lens didn't fog up while taking this photo.

• 2 months later...

My mate is the chief lighting engineer on this tour, so he's given me free passes for the Nottingham show on Sunday...can't wait to see them again and Whitesnake and Black Star Riders too...should be a great show

Have my tix for DL for Feb. My first concert with the wife ever!!! I've always went with friends.

A really great show. Black Star Riders kicked the show off in fine style with a mixture of tracks from their 2 albums and some cool Thin Lizzy songs too.

Whitesnake were really excellent, Coverdale was brilliant and anyone saying he can't sing anymore are completely wrong. He maybe can't hit the high notes of old and strains a little on those, but he was absolutely bang on for the rest of it. A couple of numbers from 'The Purple Album' and then all the usual hits. Bernie Marsden got up for a couple of tunes as well.

Def Leppard were really on top form too. 2 tracks from the new album 'Let's Go' and a brilliant 'Dangerous' that fitted right along side all the older stuff. They even did 'Switch 625' from High' n' Dry' which was fab.

What made this gig even more special was getting all access backstage passes, so we went everywhere, watched the show right from the side of the stage and even bumped into a few of the guys, Rick Savage, Viv Campbell, Joel Hoekstra, DC and Reb Beech, who were all really cool. An absolutely blinding night

Are you talking about the Nottingham show Jez? If so we were at the same gig!

Yes mate..had a great night last night...what did you think?

Have my tix for DL for Feb. My first concert with the wife ever!!! I've always went with friends.

How'd you get away with that dude? ;) my wife has always went with me :)

She doesn't love it like i do. This is one of the few we like together.

Cool! We had a great night too but i don't think as good as yours. We were in one of the boxes which i've never had the opportunity to try before. It was a bit far from the action but comfortable and we could see everything.

Black Star Riders were a pleasant surprise. I thought Ricky did an admirable job warming up the crowd and they definitely got more cheers after their last number compared to the first.

I was blown away by Whitesnake (who i was there to see really). I too have read a lot about Coverdales voice but it wasn't as bad as the press have been making out. Fair enough, he can't sing like he used to but he's still good enough to entertain. The solo Reb played in Mistreated was the highlight of the gig for me. I loved every track and would have loved to have heard more.

Def Leppard were ok. Joe has been getting some slatings for his singing too recently but i thought he sang fine. He seems to be struggling for the high notes but it was far from a car crash. Def Leppard were fun to watch but they felt a bit flat after Whitesnake.

The wife preferred Leppard over the Snake and claimed to only know two of the tracks Whitesnake played. I was disgusted :)

Watching from where you were must of have been pretty dam cool!

Cool! We had a great night too but i don't think as good as yours. We were in one of the boxes which i've never had the opportunity to try before. It was a bit far from the action but comfortable and we could see everything.

Black Star Riders were a pleasant surprise. I thought Ricky did an admirable job warming up the crowd and they definitely got more cheers after their last number compared to the first.

I was blown away by Whitesnake (who i was there to see really). I too have read a lot about Coverdales voice but it wasn't as bad as the press have been making out. Fair enough, he can't sing like he used to but he's still good enough to entertain. The solo Reb played in Mistreated was the highlight of the gig for me. I loved every track and would have loved to have heard more.

Def Leppard were ok. Joe has been getting some slatings for his singing too recently but i thought he sang fine. He seems to be struggling for the high notes but it was far from a car crash. Def Leppard were fun to watch but they felt a bit flat after Whitesnake.

The wife preferred Leppard over the Snake and claimed to only know two of the tracks Whitesnake played. I was disgusted :)

Watching from where you were must of have been pretty dam cool!

I'd agree with pretty much all of that, although if I had to pick between the three, i'd put Def Leppard a nose ahead for my enjoyment and that's without taking anything away from the other 2, as they were both excellent too. Yeah, from where we were it was really great. I was standing next to Rick Savage for quite a lot of the WS set and Joel Hoekstra stood there for some of the DL set. Various people kept popping in and out, so it was well cool.

Wow! well cool indeed! if only you could watch all shows like that!

Flat is the wrong word for Def Leppards performance. The atmosphere was still great but it just re-enforced how simple their music is in comparison to the likes of Whitesnake and i felt underwhelmed at the end of their set. I'm pleased i've seen them though