Eclipse - Armageddonize

Stefan

178380_365526883515748_1946905468_o.jpg

From melodicrock.com (Andrew):

ECLIPSE – Armagedonize Looks Set To Deliver in February
Swedish rockers Eclipse will release their next album Armagedonize via Frontiers Records in February.
I’ve just been delivered 4 songs from the album to preview:
Stand On Your Feet – This commercial rocker has an immediately likable melody and hook and packs a punch while still delivering on those hooks and a strong chorus.
The Storm – Starts with an acoustic guitar before bursting to life with that Eclipse power encased in the last album, but the melodic feel of Are You Ready To Rock. Another really good chorus too.
Live Like I’m Dying – Epic heavy ballad with a guitar tone reminiscent of WET’s Comes Down Like Rain. Another full-class, intense Eclipse rock ballad.
Love Bites – High energy rocker with a chorus that’s simple, but an instantly likeable and infectious energy. In fact, I’d go as far to say that it is utterly contagious with a 100% infection rate.
And these are the first 4 songs I’ve heard from the band’s upcoming album ‘Armagedonize’.
If these songs are anything to go by, Eclipse will have another sure-fire winner on their hands in the same kind of sonic style as Bleed And Scream and Are You Ready To Rock MMXIV
If there is one thing I immediately pick up it is the strength of Erik Martensson’s vocals, which just seem to be getting better and better.
Can't wait to hear more. Stay tuned...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Song sounds very cool. I guess it happens all over the world, but how odd to see him speaking in his native tongue to the crowd and then belting out an English tune. Standard practice, but odd to view.

Yeah I'd already seen that vid on you tube and am hoping too that more songs will be in the hard rock vein.....I liked songs like Battleground but preferred the other stuff on Bleed and Scream.

Eclipse will always be a hard rock project, imo. I can't see him ever doing anything different with the project as he has about 58 side-projects to do other "lighter" stuff with. I like their style, but I remember not liking that 'Battlegrounds' nordic campfire song.

• My Little Pony

I wouldn't call Eclipse a project by any means :)

They are a fully functioning band and is Eric's main and longest active one.

I think Sweden's going to run riot with next year album of the year contenders with care of the Night amongst a slew of others which may include the mighty Treat.

Ah, what? When the hell was this announced? They said they were done after Coup de Grace.

I wouldn't call Eclipse a project by any means :)

They are a fully functioning band and is Eric's main and longest active one.

I think Sweden's going to run riot with next year album of the year contenders with care of the Night amongst a slew of others which may include the mighty Treat.

Ah, what? When the hell was this announced? They said they were done after Coup de Grace.

Yes, some info please on TREAT!

Are they on a Def Leppard kick or something?

First of all, the album title sounds like something that should be a Def Leppard album title....Combination of "Armageddon It" and "Adrenalize"...

And then there is a new song called "Love Bites"...Hmm...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing RE Def lep. Scream and anger imo was a nod to Sykes (1987 and blue murder). Great band and am looking forward to this release.

• My Little Pony

I dont have any additional info on a Treat release in 2015.

But can you at least show us where you saw that?

Andre, the vaguest poster of all returns! You've been out of action for a while with these mystery posts, mate. I kinda like it better that way. ;) As a massive fan of Treat, it's quite cruel to post here that there is a chance that Treat may actually record again, only to then basically admit it's your imagination doing odd things.

Anyway, I thought the Def Lep thing too with the album title, but didn't even put the song title in the mix too. Well spotted. Def Lep all around.

Andre, the vaguest poster of all returns! You've been out of action for a while with these mystery posts, mate. I kinda like it better that way. ;) As a massive fan of Treat, it's quite cruel to post here that there is a chance that Treat may actually record again, only to then basically admit it's your imagination doing odd things.

Anyway, I thought the Def Lep thing too with the album title, but didn't even put the song title in the mix too. Well spotted. Def Lep all around.

To address some queries herein, the information I have is not something that is available to be seen online. It is mere speculation at this stage centred around Treat appearing at Frontiers festival April 2015.

There's a number of people who believe Treat will issue a new record through Frontiers Records in the near future as a result of this gig.

Apologies to Geoff et al withdrawn for any unintentional cruelty shown through my post.

• My Little Pony

To address some queries herein, the information I have is not something that is available to be seen online. It is mere speculation at this stage centred around Treat appearing at Frontiers festival April 2015.

There's a number of people who believe Treat will issue a new record through Frontiers Records in the near future as a result of this gig.

Apologeis to Geoff et al for any unintentional cruelty shown through my post.

You bastard!

I think I recall them saying they weren't going to record anything after Coup de Grace, in an attempt to end on a high note, but they would still tour. This might just be that. So I'm not holding my breath.

Who the fuck am I kidding? Of course I'm holding my breath. You bastard!

• My Little Pony

You bastard!

• My Little Pony

You bastard!

Just so you know how serious I am.

You bastard!

There's considerable doubt to your seriousness.

• My Little Pony

You bastard!

There is considerable doubt in most aspects of my life, but do not doubt my seriousness in this matter.

You bastard!

There is considerable doubt in most aspects of my life, but do not doubt my seriousness in this matter.

Given the considerable doubt in most aspects of your life, you leave me no other option but to continue doubting your seriousness in this matter.