ANGELS OR KINGS - Kings Of Nowhere

AlphaMale

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out an old video of the band when they were known as AOK:

http://vimeo.com/8659092

Ha, how cool is that? Good find. He's a good vocalist, but I defo prefer the new guy. And that song is way, way weaker than anything on the new album. More party kind of rock than the killer melodic rock / AOR of their current release.

As for the 'Bible song,' I guess it's okay. Guy sounds a bit like Richard Black (?) from Shark Island. What's with the live footage of a Danger Danger concert in the middle of the clip too?

Ha, how cool is that? Good find. He's a good vocalist, but I defo prefer the new guy. And that song is way, way weaker than anything on the new album. More party kind of rock than the killer melodic rock / AOR of their current release.

As for the 'Bible song,' I guess it's okay. Guy sounds a bit like Richard Black (?) from Shark Island. What's with the live footage of a Danger Danger concert in the middle of the clip too?

Because I believe they opened for Danger Danger at some point.

I figured that might be the case. Doesn't the banner of the main act usually only come down after the openers are finished? :lol:

• My Little Pony

I figured that might be the case. Doesn't the banner of the main act usually only come down after the openers are finished? :lol:

Maybe not twenty years ago.

Jesus is that the same band?

Cant hear any of that natural flair on the album? Weird.

And the original vocalist is clearly a million times more talented than the new dude....both voice wise and stage presence (look at the firefest clips....el dodge).

Shame....sounds like they were well good back in the day.

I saw them once back in the day as AOK, but I can't remember if it was at the Banshee or (as I suspect) Rockworld.

But I might be getting the venues mixed up as I saw Sam Thunder (who having split some members went to form AOK) at Rockworld as well or was it the Banshee (doh!) as I think ST did a re-union one off there once (saw ST at Bury MET too).

But alas didn't go to Firefest as I'm not really into these weekend long stints these days (not that I could make it) - but it is good to see them getting some serious attention at last.

I believe they are playing the HRH AOR weekend in North Wales next year.

Here's a bit I posted about them in the video forum a while ago

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=28942

Jesus is that the same band?

Cant hear any of that natural flair on the album? Weird.

And the original vocalist is clearly a million times more talented than the new dude....both voice wise and stage presence (look at the firefest clips....el dodge).

Shame....sounds like they were well good back in the day.

So are you saying that throwaway song above is better than the stuff on the disc from this year? Purely on a quality of song level? Really? Because I can guarantee you that if they were still recording songs like that there would have been no demand to finally get their material out.

The song is throwaway for sure but the style and flair is a whole lot better....like comparing US rock like D2 to British rock like In Faith. One tries hard to be as good as the other but ultimately doesnt reach those heights.

We wont even mention the vocals....miles better imo.

• 6 months later...

Am just listening to this now (over here at least, it's listed as a January 2015 release, not 2014).

I'm surprised no one has made the comparison, at least vocally, to Harem Scarem. Very similar vocal characteristics.

Solid album, very listenable.

Tell me this isn't a monster track:

I never thought to look elsewhere for vocal comparisons after I said he sounds like the dude from Arti Tisi... because he still definitely sounds like that dude. ;)

Great album.

Maybe I need to hear the whole release but what I've heard so far sounds average to me...as a result I have not bothered to pick it up...

Youd be spot on mate.

Maybe I need to hear the whole release but what I've heard so far sounds average to me...as a result I have not bothered to pick it up...

Youd be spot on mate.

In my opinion, "Any Other Girl" and "Another Lost Boy" are two of the best rock/AOR songs of 2014. Both would be in my top ten of the year.

Youd be spot on mate.

In my opinion, "Any Other Girl" and "Another Lost Boy" are two of the best rock/AOR songs of 2014. Both would be in my top ten of the year.

... and 'A harder place,' 'Same Star,' 'Left me in love,' and 'If her tears could talk.'

Like I said, great album, and if I cared enough I'd pity those who didn't give it a chance for whatever reason.

Youd be spot on mate.

... and 'A harder place,' 'Same Star,' 'Left me in love,' and 'If her tears could talk.'

Like I said, great album, and if I cared enough I'd pity those who didn't give it a chance for whatever reason.

bahahahahaha

but like you Geoff, I know exactly what I like in the first 10 secs of listening to it.

bahahahahaha

but like you Geoff, I know exactly what I like in the first 10 secs of listening to it.

But in another thread you basically said you need about 50 spins to decide if an album is any good or not? Anyway, if you think the Beavior/Free disc is something worth endlessly pursuing until you like it, and that this is worth writing off after a couple of listens, you've made your intentions clear.

Enjoy bland run-of-the-mill trash and leave the good stuff to the rest of the proper melodic rock listeners. ;)

• My Little Pony

Youd be spot on mate.

"Any Other Girl" is a monster track, but I quickly tire of his voice after that.

I must have been taking a looooooooonnnnnnng nap because I totally missed this one. WOW!!! This is the stuff I crave. Just placed an order for this disc. Thanks guys!!