Silked & Stained - Love On The Road

Stefan

14711492_10154054103357984_6777811556931

From FB:

Silked & Stained were born on April of 2009 by Tony Silked (Antonis Gavalas) and Johnny Boston (Giannis Mpastounis) from the love they shared for Melodic Hard Rock. They started performing their first gigs at An Club and then to other known musical venues in Greece such as Bat City, Jasmine, Lazy while they also started working on ideas for their own staff. After several lineup changes, in the summer of 2010 James Sarantides (Dimitris Sarandidis) took place behind the keyboards and a couple of years later, Orpheus Lazz (Orpheus Lazarou) joined the family as the drummer keeping the band in pace with George Rachiotis (George Rachiotis) taking the position of the bass player. In 2014 the last change of the lineup took place with Alexis Pantazis taking over the difficult role of the frontman following the departure of Johnny Boston.

The genre of the band is Melodic Hard Rock with influences from great bands of the 80's such as Bon Jovi, Guns 'n' Roses , Poison, FM, Ratt, Skid Row , etc.

In 2011 they released their first demo single called Lonely Road and on April 2014 the new single titled Much Love for the Pure Rock 7 collection of Atlantis Records and Atlantis FM 105,2.
The band aims to released its first album in 2014.

'Much Love' and 'Lonely Road': http://www.reverbnation.com/silkedandstained/songs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doesn't sound great at all. I kinda agree with Dr Planet that I might like to hear the finished product before completely writing them off. You can't polish dogshit, but they're probably half okay with a decent production job. Maybe...

Oh, and another terrible band photo.

• 10 months later...

Wow, the new sound/production makes a HUGE difference. Sounds great. It's a good song too. Vocals have a pretty strong accent, but yeah, I quite like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

17352490_10154501036412984_3387099138334

From FB:

BREAKING NEWS! We are pleased and proud to announce that we have signed with Lions Pride Music for our Debut Album "Love On The Road".
Bound for release in the fall of 2017!!!
Follow us for more news! Stay Silked, remain stained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvWGKLFFR8

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been checking this out today as I hadn't paid any attention to this yet.

Don't think it's terrible.  Music sounds decent to me but vocals aren't really doing it for me....Accented and just sound off in spots.

Pass for me.

• 3 months later...

Picked this up on a whim as the bassist added me on FB and initially was not stunned, mostly due to the strong accent, but upon repeated listens the accent isnt really that much of an issue (opening track Bombshell is probably the worst offender though).

The ballad, Anytime, anywhere is fucking awesome I have to admit.

Overall I am really happy with this purchase, and glad I took a punt.

• 1 month later...

Spoke to bassist Tommy a few weeks ago, and he said they were already working on a new album, but this week they have announced they have a new vocalist as the old one has stepped down due to personal issues.

Be interesting to hear how this guy sounds, and whether he has such a strong accent as well.

• 4 weeks later...

New video for the song Bombshell, with re-recorded vocals for the new guy.

Have to say he sounds similar but defo the accent is far less noticeable with this guy.