anamal

Eli-Push it hard

And people wonder why boots exist..? The buyer will probably burn it straight to an ipod player and never touch the actually CD again. I hope the buyer enjoys it a whole bunch for that kind of dough.

This one was scratched as well. It has been selling for over $1000 outside Ebay for a while now. I just sold my Retrospect copy for $150.

And people wonder why boots exist..? The buyer will probably burn it straight to an ipod player and never touch the actually CD again. I hope the buyer enjoys it a whole bunch for that kind of dough.

I think it's funny how quick people are to judge those who are willing to spend more money on a CD (house, car, television, etc...) than they themselves are willing to... yet they have no idea what this individual's financial situation is. They could be extremely wealthy and $1,000 to them is nothing in comparison to obtaining a CD they may never see again.

That being said, I am in no way saying that I would be willing to fork out that kind of cash, just that other people are entitled to spend what they choose and that does not warrant the right to create bootlegs. I want a million dollar house, and because I can't afford it, I should be able to revert to illegal activity to make life fair so I am able to have the things I cannot afford.... bull shit! If you want something, get off your ass and work for it.

Even if I was the King Of Siam, I wouldn't drop a grand on a cd. Whats the fun in that. Possession is the ultimate goal,but the hunt is what its all about and of course the discovery in the throw away bin at...

I think it's funny how quick people are to judge those who are willing to spend more money on a CD (house, car, television, etc...) than they themselves are willing to... yet they have no idea what this individual's financial situation is. They could be extremely wealthy and $1,000 to them is nothing in comparison to obtaining a CD they may never see again.

That being said, I am in no way saying that I would be willing to fork out that kind of cash, just that other people are entitled to spend what they choose and that does not warrant the right to create bootlegs. I want a million dollar house, and because I can't afford it, I should be able to revert to illegal activity to make life fair so I am able to have the things I cannot afford.... bull shit! If you want something, get off your ass and work for it

You could be Bill Gate's son and buy tomorrow the 1000 most expensive HR/Metal cds, while staring at your golden aquarium. Zero fun at all.

That being said, I am in no way saying that I would be willing to fork out that kind of cash, just that other people are entitled to spend what they choose and that does not warrant the right to create bootlegs. I want a million dollar house, and because I can't afford it, I should be able to revert to illegal activity to make life fair so I am able to have the things I cannot afford.... bull shit! If you want something, get off your ass and work for it

You could be Bill Gate's son and buy tomorrow the 1000 most expensive HR/Metal cds, while staring at your golden aquarium. Zero fun at all.

And you have every right to think that way, but not everyone shares your same opinion. I for one do share your enthusiasm for the hunt more than the price, but I'm not going to trash on someone who pays more for a CD than I'm willing to throw down, that's their own standard of collecting.

There are only two scenarios (which come to mind) where I may think WTF?.... If someone throws down big bucks for a bootleg, or a common CD that is very accessible. Other than that, just have fun collecting in your own way :D

I gotta agree with Josh...the only time we should be questioning a cd purchase is when these guys on ebay drop $200 for ted nugents greatest hits or the like.....thats nuts...spending big dollars on something only 100 or 500 were made in the world..whats so crazy about that..? unless buying it makes you miss the rent or something...but if you have the dough...knock yourself out...

I gotta agree with Josh...the only time we should be questioning a cd purchase is when these guys on ebay drop $200 for ted nugents greatest hits or the like.....thats nuts...spending big dollars on something only 100 or 500 were made in the world..whats so crazy about that..? unless buying it makes you miss the rent or something...but if you have the dough...knock yourself out...

I guess I'm "not" knocking it or questioning it per se, just not how I roll.

I see no sport in trolling Egay, spending top dollar/bags of cash on the latest top 10 rarities discs.

And that 100-500 units wives tale gets me laughing. Seems to be a good many 500 or less pressings discs are owned by many more than the release amount dictates...

I don't mind, neither will I ever write a polemic pamphlet for the rich dude(usually this is the case) getting all the rare cds/vinyls(personally I'm on the vinyl side) for big $$$. The market system usually accommodates the richest, not the one who needs it the most(here things are getting trickier), a fact that I accept (whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant) and understand. But please, don't post in facebook pictures of your latest ebay $$$ booty.

I'm with Josh and Mike on this one as well......my wife loves jewelry and buys some stuff that I wouldn't walk across the street to look at, but to her, it is awesome and she is willing to spend her (my) money to acquire it.

For Me personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a CD and I don't think Mike or Josh would.....we are collectors and love poking around and doing the necessary things to score a copy of something we are after. For others, they don't have the time, or perhaps the necessary skill and/or interest in searching for a title.

With all honesty.....I, like EVERYONE on this board , love to sell a CD for big bucks.

I never see someone post on the board "I am so torqued.....some moron paid $500 for my such and such CD and I only wanted to get $15 for it....!!!! LOL!!!!

That being said, I am in no way saying that I would be willing to fork out that kind of cash, just that other people are entitled to spend what they choose and that does not warrant the right to create bootlegs. I want a million dollar house, and because I can't afford it, I should be able to revert to illegal activity to make life fair so I am able to have the things I cannot afford.... bull shit! If you want something, get off your ass and work for it.

Don't think I made any type of judgement at all. I basically said I hope he feels his money was well spent.. If he enjoys having it, then good for him.

Looks like re-issue time!

would that also include a Beware of the dog Reissue at some point :) plz