10. Withered Delilah
11. Battleground
12. Dirty Girl
13. Iris Of The Storm
14. Avalon
15. The Dissident
16. Safari Inn
17. The Unholy

Hope its better than the last one. The first Slash solo album was a grower for me as I felt that Slash was changing his style to adapt to his guest singers, rather than them adapting to him, but the weakest tracks were the Kennedy ones for me, so when the second on came out I was not overly excited, and rightly so as I just didnt like many of the songs and was put off by Kennedy seemingly trying to mimic Axl really badly. This song though sounds better.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVED the last CD! SO yea really looking forward to this one!! Title track sounds GOOD!! :tumbsup:

Yeah me too. I have spun it to death. One of the best cd's to come out that year and certainly Slash' best guitar performance since Appetite.

Hope its better than the last one. The first Slash solo album was a grower for me as I felt that Slash was changing his style to adapt to his guest singers, rather than them adapting to him, but the weakest tracks were the Kennedy ones for me, so when the second on came out I was not overly excited, and rightly so as I just didnt like many of the songs and was put off by Kennedy seemingly trying to mimic Axl really badly. This song though sounds better.

Sounds like the best song I've heard from the band, although I'm not a big fan to begin with.

• 2 months later...

To be honest, I thought it was better than the last one as there are a couple of memorable songs (I cant say the same of the last one), but its still just a poor mans GNR copycat, even to the point that two songs copy GNR. The opening track has that familiar Adler cowbell to it, and 30 years to life could be Paradise city part two with its intro (but its actually one of my faves on the album).

I will say again, the thing that lets this down most for me is the vocals. Just cannot get excited about them.

Yes they aren't comparable to GNR's peak, I agree - and also agree that there's something off about Myles vocal, probably he's trying too hard to be 'Axl' here but there are enough of great songs here and Myles still did a fine job.

17 songs are risky to be plodded with fillers but I can just count my fave 12 and with those only songs leaving out the fillers, I come up with a final score of 85%, pretty great for me

• 1 month later...

Gotta admit, didn't expect it at all, but this is by far Slash's best output post Guns N' Roses. For me there are just way too many songs. Even if most of them are actually pretty good (amazingly!) I still feel like you could cut the weakest 4-6 and make it a real stellar 10-12 track disc.

But yeah, no songs are going to compete for best song of the year, but like I say, they're all pretty good and I really didn't expect the album to be of this quality. Good work.

LOVE the first half....second half not so much. I agree could have cut 4 songs but then again its the old what you hate someone else loves. Cant fault it for value for money.

I think this may be his best solo effort, in my opinion.......as I totally am enjoying most of the tunes of offer here. Yeah.......maybe one or two tracks overboard....but, hell...I ain't complainin' too much.

• 3 years later...
On 6/14/2014 at 7:21 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, I agree with this.
There were some awesome tracks from ST - Gotten, I Hold On, Starlight, Standing In The Sun
From Apocalyptic Love there were only a handful that I took to - Standing In The Sun, No More Heroes

Which is why I took so long to bother too much with this after I picked it up.
But I have to say that some songs are pretty damn good after a few spins.
Kennedy's voice annoys me at times due to lack of variation in his tone. It gets a bit whiny for me...

On 11/2/2014 at 12:14 AM, Geoff said:

Gotta admit, didn't expect it at all, but this is by far Slash's best output post Guns N' Roses. For me there are just way too many songs. Even if most of them are actually pretty good (amazingly!) I still feel like you could cut the weakest 4-6 and make it a real stellar 10-12 track disc.

But yeah, no songs are going to compete for best song of the year, but like I say, they're all pretty good and I really didn't expect the album to be of this quality. Good work.

Yep, 17 songs?
WTH?
And this is why there hasn't been a release in 4 years I guess.
Kinda silly
perhaps he originally wanted to do a Use Your Illusion thing and it was knocked back?
I would have liked this split in to 2 albums with some different stuff blended in. Maybe a few covers, an acoustic version of a song etc