State Of Salazar - All The Way

Stefan

Outlook.jpg

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of Swedish melodic rockers STATE OF SALAZAR debut album entitled “All the Way” on August 22nd in Europe and August 26th in North America.

STATE OF SALAZAR came to the attention of Frontiers A&R dept after the release of their debut EP ”Lost my Way” in the summer of 2012. Reviews spread fast in magazines and blogs and created a flood of praise from all over the world during a very short period: “This is something that can grow really big.” “...State Of Salazar will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the genre.” “…this EP is an extremely polished piece of art...” “The performances and the production are superb…”

With bands such as Toto, Queen, Journey, Survivor and especially Bill Conti and Vince DiCola (Rocky IV’s « Training Montage » writer and performer) in their influences list, STATE OF SALAZAR have indeed a lot to prove. They handle all this pressure with their heads held high since it is a quintet with great musicians! All members – Marcus Nygren, vocals, Johan Thuresson, guitars, Johannes Hansson, bass, Kristian Brun, drums and Stefan Mårtenson, keyboards – have extensive live and studio experience. In other words, these guys know what they are doing and they already showed it to the unsuspecting public of the first Frontiers Rock Festival in Milan where they took the audience by surprise with their “feel good” Melodic Rock music.

“I feel that I’ve developed my songwriting a lot since the songs for the EP” says singer Marcus Nygren. “However everyone of us put his own personality on the musical performances on the album and every single detail has been worked with and we sound like a band who took it All The Way!”.

“More than a year of hard work from everyone involved, made it possible for us to develop our sound and actually find out who we are, musically as a group” adds bassist Johannes Hansson. “From epic synths, angelic choirs and guitar soundscapes to unison low E-string riffs we've allowed ourselves to indulge what we want the music to say without having to adapt. Believe me when I say that big things are coming in 2014”, concludes guitarist Johan Thuresson.

STATE OF SALAZAR is therefore ready to show the world that they are definitely not a retro band, or a walk down memory lane. They write songs and play music that strives forward and not backwards. Their songwriting, arranging and instrumental performance show that this is a band that wants to develop and give its contribution to the Melodic Rock genre.

https://www.facebook.com/stateofsalazar?sk=wall

http://www.stateofsalazar.se

State+of+Salazar.jpg

Tracklist:

I Believe In You

Field of Dreams

All the Way

Love of My Life

Eat Your Heart Out

Time to Say Goodbye

Marie

Let Me Love

Catastrophe

Always

Adrian

End of Time

As soon as the accapella intro to 'All The Way' kicked in, it got my interest..Could be good this one.

• 4 weeks later...

The new track is up on Melodic Rock.com. WOW!!! A perfect song! I'm sure Stefan will post it pretty soon.

• 5 weeks later...

I just heard the track (studio version) of Eat Your Heart Out. The chorus isn't over the top, but it's stuck in my head. I'm sure Stefan will post it, if it still there by tomorrow.

I've heard 3 full tracks and I must ay this one is simply awesome and could be the best release of the year...I say that way too often.

I also heard the full version of the WOA track Can't Let Go and it is very good, but predictable and safe. Reminds more of Lionville. State Of Salazar may out dual WOA when all is said and done.

Easily the best year in melodic/AOR music since 2010. Last year Find Me topped my list for 2013, had it been released in 2014 it would be hard pressed to make the top 10.

Top quality all the way here and all the AOR/West Coast fans are gonna love this one. Lots of Toto, Survivor and even some Styx elements in the keys aswell. Super slick production, without being overdone, with special note for the lead and backing vocals which are superb throughout

didn't plan on getting this based on the previews I heard, only liked short parts of songs like the solo and ''never let go'' part at the end of ''all the way''. recently got it anyway in hopes for a grower, and while the first half is kind of meh....... a lot of the previews I've heard are songs from the first half, the second half is really good and justifies the purchase, exactly my kinda AOR!!!

• 4 months later...