Secret (ex-91 Suite) - The End Of The Road

Stefan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

A little too light and swangy for me.

Every great melodic rock record needs it's "Every Rose" "Never Say Goodbye" "Hysteria".

This track is not one of those, but it's not terrible by any means. Kinda Keith Urban-ish, but I chalk that up to the guitarist putting down the Les Paul and picking up the Telecaster.

I don't hate it, but I won't "wait" for it when the CD arrives, either. There are others on this CD I look forward to much more. But if I can get three or four memorable tracks per CD now-a-days I'm content. Damn I hate saying that... my high school days in the 80's were filled with albums whereby every track was a single. Like Foreigner 4, for instance.

Overall a good album and some excellent tracks. There's a lot of variety here. ...AOR, hard rock, a country influenced song and even a tune that sounds like it came off an Aerosmith album. I hear similarities to Brett Walker and Bryan Adams as well. I like it but I suspect some might feel the album doesn't have cohesion or doesn't flow well. There are enough good tracks here to make it worth a listen though.

I don't like 'Here with me' at all and all the ballads are okay, but pretty limp. Not really a big fan of any of them. The country song is a bit sub-standard too.

The tracks where they truly shine are definitely the uptempo melodic rockers like the brilliant 'Since I fell for you', 'I believe in love,' and my favourite 'Out of my life.' There's also a few other pretty good tunes on here.

I'd have to basically agree with Justin, but mix words a bit and I'd say it's quite inconsistent in the variety offered and that's where, for me, it fails to deliver a great solid disc. But there are moments here, no doubt.

A total Mr. Big sound, great guitar work, just nowhere near as memorable as the previous track.

Agree friend. Very Mr.Big style, I dig it but the chorus could have been better and yes the previous track is a better track

Received my official copy in the mail yesterday.

Only had time for a single spin, and was actually cleaning my place so it wasn't critical listening by any means.

The memorable tracks are just that. I think there are (3) that I really enjoy and the rest are okay. That's not a put-down in any way... I can't think of too many albums released the past 25 years that didn't contain a good bit of filler.

Pretty much what I've come to expect now-a-days... Two or three really good songs that I burn onto a mixed CD with another thirteen or fourteen really good tracks from seven other albums to get one great recording.

An expensive endeavor to put-together one, great album, but it is what it is. Gone are the days of Pyromania, Skid Row's debut, etc.

I didn't say anything incredibly negative about this one, Train... I just mentioned that, like most modern-day releases, there are only three songs that really stand-out to me. Just my opinion, of course.

On the bright side, that's about the total number of memorable tracks Bon Jovi has released on all of their albums the past 20 years or so. That's just my opinion as well.

My point is simple... the days of album-oriented-rock are a thing of the past. I'm just happy I was there to experience it in the hay-day. That's more fact than opinion :)

I didn't say anything incredibly negative about this one, Train... I just mentioned that, like most modern-day releases, there are only three songs that really stand-out to me. Just my opinion, of course.

On the bright side, that's about the total number of memorable tracks Bon Jovi has released on all of their albums the past 20 years or so. That's just my opinion as well.

My point is simple... the days of album-oriented-rock are a thing of the past. I'm just happy I was there to experience it in the hay-day. That's more fact than opinion :)

Yes I understood your statement my friend but I mean unlike you that said only 3 stand out tracks, for me probably more than half of the album are outstanding and this kind of modern album probably beats more than a hundred 80s AOR albums which most of them are overrated, and it's also only my opinion :)

• 4 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Anybody wanna chime in? I'd like to hear some more opinions, or are there samples around, before I decide to purchase. I'm not seeing it on anyone's lists, so did folks simply not give it a listen?

• My Little Pony

I appreciate the effort Russ, but those are already posted in this thread. Maybe I'll just take the plunge. There are a few albums I'm interested in from Andrew.