Sign in to follow this  
glam_junkie

CD auction results...

Just a few items i had in my watch list worthy of hvaing results recorded...

Nasty Idols - Gigolos on Parole

Item: 291058891694
$US87.77
6 bids

Ended: 27 Jan, 2014

Nasty Idols - Gigolos on Parole

Item: 140937359629
Euro 69.00
Ended: 29 December 2013
Alliance - Harmony
Item: 161200262400
$260.00
14 Bids
Ended: 24 Jan, 2014
Walk The Chalk - What's In A Name
Item:350974188233
$275.01
22 bids
Ended: 19 Jan 2014
Walk The Chalk - What's In A Name
Item: 291028555795
$337.89
21 Bids
Ended: 16 December 2013
Shabby Trick - Badass (JPN) (NOT THE REISSUE OBVIOUSLY)
Item: 400619259146
$273
20 bids
Ended: 9 December 2013
Kill CIty Dragons - s/t
Item: 400619202187
$106.27
14 bids
Ended: 8 December 2013

That's a lot of money to spend on a CD ! What does anyone do with a CD that you spent over $200 on? I'd be afraid to play it !

That's a lot of money to spend on a CD ! What does anyone do with a CD that you spent over $200 on? I'd be afraid to play it !

Rip it once, then set it on the shelf. The most I've spent on an album was around $70, and even at that price I was so nervous placing it in the disc drive.

I just checked ebay and you can get Walk The Chalk for $62.99 .A much better price than $275 or $337.But who the hell are Walk The Chalk?

I just checked ebay and you can get Walk The Chalk for $62.99 .A much better price than $275 or $337.But who the hell are Walk The Chalk?

No that's the RR reissue. The one sold above is an original. Very average cd...

No that's the RR reissue. The one sold above is an original. Very average cd...

I actually think it is a really good cd. Only reason I was looking it up was because I snagged one of these really cheap without knowing what it was, and after listening to it I wondered why I hadn't heard of it before. Definitely better than most other indies I'd heard. So I started looking into the cd a bit, saw these auctions, so was amazed to see it go for those prices.

Not that the content of any cd is worth $300 though, but to the collector, just like a rare stamp, comic, coin or whatever, it demand vs supply.

Wow. Hold on a minute. First off, I never knew Retrospect released this. Second, if you read the description you'll find he's just copy and pasted a few of the reviews on the main site.

...is this any of you selling it?

I just checked the retrospect site also.... not on there.
one in the previous auction results is also a 'retropsect pressing' 2005!!!! So looong time back apparently.

I just checked the retrospect site also.... not on there.

one in the previous auction results is also a 'retropsect pressing' 2005!!!! So looong time back apparently.

Yeah, but there are a lot of albums still listed on the site that have been out of stock for a long time. Sam's been asking for any suggestions of albums that should be re-pressed. Perhaps this is one.

A local record store had the Walk The Chalk album for sale. They wanted $20 for it, but it had water damage to it. I passed..

^^^^ Smart Move ! If I have to pay $20 for Walk the Chalk someone's gonna have to throw in Polish the Knob !

Yeah the cd kind of sucks IMO. Sam released it, legit or not, it was a cdr version. I'm not buying a cdr or original of it.