Is there any way to tell...

Evil Rick

The difference from a regular cd and one of those crappy Walmart edited for content cd's? I picked up a copy of Motley Crue - Saints Of Los Angeles at a used cd store and low and behold all the "fuck"s are blanked out. This is the third time that has happened. Is there anything in the small print that would tip someone off?

When I look at CDs in a Walmart, I always check the price sticker on the front cuz if it's a censored disc it'll say "EDITED" somwhere on that sticker.

Of course, if you're buying a used copy that sticker won't be there. Unfortunately I don't know if there's any tip off on the disc itself or the packaging.

....so I guess I'm not being any help whatsoever. :gone:

The difference from a regular cd and one of those crappy Walmart edited for content cd's? I picked up a copy of Motley Crue - Saints Of Los Angeles at a used cd store and low and behold all the "fuck"s are blanked out. This is the third time that has happened. Is there anything in the small print that would tip someone off?

Probably censored out because Walmart's market is too general, they're afraid lots of underage kids might buy or somethin like that

Probably censored out because Walmart's market is too general, they're afraid lots of underage kids might buy or somethin like that

Yeah I'm sure, but they should put some kind of note ON the actual inserts saying they have fucked with the artists music so you won't hear the fucks. Man that ticks me off. :cussing:

• 1 year later...

I always hated when they started up the campaign to add "parental advisory, explicit lyrics" in a black square on the album art. But at least that way you knew you had the real disc & not some watered down walmart piece of shit lol.

I believe you can search the bar code with google & it will tell if it's a censored version. I might be mistaken lol. I'd have to drag the one & only censored CD out I was unfortunate enough to buy out & check it. I've been pretty lucky on this. But that one bothers me none the less. I like the album but I'm not sure I like it enough to buy it again just to get the cuss words lol.