New Category

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

Under music we should have a Modern Rock category.I listen to music that I consider Heavy Metal like A7X but a lot of people consider that Modern Rock.Also,music I consider metal like 5FDP a lot of people consider that Modern Rock.Where do groups like Halestorm,Ghost B.C.,Stone Sour,Otep and John 5 fit in?

Stone Sour and Halestorm are awesome. I don't know too much about the others. Halestorm should be here but not too sure about Stone Sour.

I agree with nyoilers on the category add.

I won't get into the debate of if bands should be here on HH or not. Stone Sour has a lot of very melodic gems in their catalog and I like them very much, but they can also have moments in songs of "ARGGG, ARRGG, Motherf*ckers, ARRGGG, my pants are too tight, F me, ARRGGG!!!!"

Agree with Chris, Halestorm would be a nice addition.

• My Little Pony

Oily is talking about a "Modern Rock" section on the forums. I believe some of you are thinking he's calling for certain bands to be included in the database. By the way, Halestorm is already in the database.

Under music we should have a Modern Rock category.I listen to music that I consider Heavy Metal like A7X but a lot of people consider that Modern Rock.Also,music I consider metal like 5FDP a lot of people consider that Modern Rock.Where do groups like Halestorm,Ghost B.C.,Stone Sour,Otep and John 5 fit in?

Did you try submitting them to the Brutal Metal pages?

• My Little Pony

Did you try submitting them to the Brutal Metal pages?

I think you lot are still mistaken. He's asking for a new category under The Music! for Modern Rock. He's not requesting that more Modern Rock bands be added to the Heavy Harmonies database.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yes,Listen to KarpetRyd ! Here are the music categories1)AOR and Hard Rock 2)Sleaze Glam 3)Heavy Metal 4)Christian Rock and Metal 5)Prog Rock and Metal

We need a 6th Category-Modern Rock

Groups like the ones I mentioned should have their own category and not be lumped in with other musical styles like classical,rap,jazz,etc...

What exactly is Prog Rock and Metal? Is there such a thing as metal prog rock?

• My Little Pony

Yes,Listen to KarpetRyd ! Here are the music categories1)AOR and Hard Rock 2)Sleaze Glam 3)Heavy Metal 4)Christian Rock and Metal 5)Prog Rock and Metal

We need a 6th Category-Modern Rock

Groups like the ones I mentioned should have their own category and not be lumped in with other musical styles like classical,rap,jazz,etc...

What exactly is Prog Rock and Metal? Is there such a thing as metal prog rock?

Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal. One is heavier than the other - naturally - but I won't say which one.

• My Little Pony

Im thinking a tv / movie category

Yeah, I think perhaps a few more categories could clean things up a bit more.

• 2023 Gold Donors

So looking this up Dream Theater is considered progressive metal? I thought Tool would be modern rock but I guess they are progressive metal.But I consider ELP to be prog rock and they are in the same category as Tool.That makes as much sense as Jethro Tull and Metallica being in the same category !

• My Little Pony

Yes,Listen to KarpetRyd!

Oh, and let's just dwell on this a minute. ;}
Lets not

I've received nothing but hate from you lately, Glen. What's up? ;}

• My Little Pony

Indiana?

No. The country India. ;)

Pfft. Bloody Americans. Don't realize there's a world outside of America. ;}

Yes,Listen to KarpetRyd!

Oh, and let's just dwell on this a minute. ;}
Lets not