Def Leppard considering legal action over new One Direction song

Captain Howdy

Not usually one to listen to tripe like One Direction, but had to hear the song myself after a friend mentioned how much she thought the song sounded like Pour Some Sugar On Me.

After a quick Google search it appears that she is not alone in this opinion, as Def Leppards lawyers feel there is a little too much similarity between the two songs.

Its not a direct rip, but yeah, there is certainly a touch of Sugar in the song, and even if its not aimed as being a direct rip of the song, they are obviously using Leppard as the musical template.

All in all though, its still a shitty song by a shitty boy band.

Oh, and they nearly got sued by The Who on another song apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwR28rJP4cM

I heard this in a store and thought to myself that it has the same beat as Sugar...

• My Little Pony

Eh, DL needs to sue BB Steal, Sleeze Beez and more before this shit band lol!

Yeah, what's gonna happen when LoudLion finally drop their album?

Reckless Love huh? theres one I havent heard, are they more Leppard then lets say, Grand Design?

• My Little Pony

Reckless Love huh? theres one I havent heard, are they more Leppard then lets say, Grand Design?

You takin' the piss? Reckless Love aren't very Def Leppard, but seriously, you don't know that?!

You takin' the piss? Reckless Love aren't very Def Leppard, but seriously, you don't know that?!

HE HE HE! There Nolan is

Have you heard the second album? Its like Def Leppard all over it bar a few songs.

Pretty much everyone I know was a bit miffed by their almost direct copy of the Lep sound on that one, but soon got over it when they realised how good the album was.

Sleeze Beez, BB Steal and Loudlion etc all barely make the airwaves or sell the album numbers that this shitty boyband do sadly, so who ya gonna sue, a band that will give you $5 if you are lucky, or a band that you could potentially make a pretty packet from?

• My Little Pony

Have you heard the second album? Its like Def Leppard all over it bar a few songs.

Pretty much everyone I know was a bit miffed by their almost direct copy of the Lep sound on that one, but soon got over it when they realised how good the album was.

Oh, the influence is evident, but they're aren't any tracks that sound like ripoffs.

Grand design are the biggest rip off - I agree

Yeah, but I cant help but like Grand Design thats the shitty part of it

Sleeze Beez, BB Steal and Loudlion etc all barely make the airwaves or sell the album numbers that this shitty boyband do sadly, so who ya gonna sue, a band that will give you $5 if you are lucky, or a band that you could potentially make a pretty packet from?

If they are smart they won't waste their time. They have no case from what I hear. It's not really a matter of money. If you're DL then you have plenty of money. You would sue anybody who is stealing from you but in this case, DL should feel blessed that they came up with a certain "sound" that people love and use. It's not copying at all...

Last time I checked you can sue for being an influence.

Translation: Def Leppard's Fast Track Retirement Plan.

Simon Cowell (One D's "creator") will probably throw a ton of $$ at DL to make them go away before this ever sees a court room, and everybody goes home happy.