Stryper: "No More Hell To Pay" review (Hardrock Haven)

The "holy bumblebees" are back with their best album since "Against the Law." Click the link below to check out my full review of the new Stryper album, "No More Hell To Pay," for Hardrock Haven:

Stryper review

Probably the heaviest thing they've ever done. One hell of an album.

• My Little Pony

A good song, but not the best the album has to offer. Not by far.

Well, that's good, because this song fecking rocks.

Samples of all tracks posted over on the main site:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=326&CDName=No%20More%20Hell%20to%20Pay

IMO the best thing they've done since THWTD. It might even eclipse that when all is said and done and I've listened thoroughly.

One of the better tracks thus far:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/stryper-ta.mp3

The "holy bumblebees" are back with their best album since "Against the Law."

These were my thoughts today too. Possibly slots straight into the 2nd best album they've ever recorded. Killer sound, not too preachy on the lyrics bar maybe 2 or 3 songs at most, and overall, a really delicious sounding slab of hard rock, bordering on metal.

These were my thoughts today too. Possibly slots straight into the 2nd best album they've ever recorded. Killer sound, not too preachy on the lyrics bar maybe 2 or 3 songs at most, and overall, a really delicious sounding slab of hard rock, bordering on metal.

Which album is better? I was never a fan of the band before this.

Personally, I thought that To Hell With the Devil and In God We Trust were their best up until now.

I agree, but "Against the Law" was a close 3rd. Damn close.

I always liked "Against the Law" the most, followed by the debut.

Against the Law = underrated

I had 'Against The Law' and hated it, hence my reservations about this new one. I do like the track I've heard from the new one though, so may have to check it out...

Which album is better? I was never a fan of the band before this.

Mate, I reckon you and I would probably have pretty similar thoughts when it comes to Stryper. For me, 'Against the Law' is by far their best album, bar none. To this date it is their only CD without the christian lyrics. But it's not just that blessing that makes it, it's (for the most part) a very good hard rock disc. Fillers, yes, for sure, but a very good album overall.

After that it's a toss up between the new disc and 'In God We Trust.' Both great discs. Aside from these three discs, despite a killer sound, I don't really dig many tunes on their other CDs. Musically amazing, but for a non-christian the lyrics can get pretty painful and I just didn't find that many gems on the other dics. Despite, did I mention, their killer sound.

Anyway, I'd recommend:

1. Against the law

2. In God we trust

The debut, 'Black and yellow attack' has dreadful lyrics and weak production, but for me, it's probably their next best CD. Good hooks and cool tunes. Just a little weak sounding compared to their other beefier discs.

I will say this about 'Soldiers under command,' though. Check out the amazing '(Waiting For) A Love That's Real.' 'Reach out' and 'Soldiers under command' are great tunes too, but overall I don't favour this disc as much as others.

I had 'Against The Law' and hated it, hence my reservations about this new one. I do like the track I've heard from the new one though, so may have to check it out...

The new album is awesome!!

I've been listening to samples and may have to agree with this. Very impressive so far. Although I thought 'The One' was a bit shit...

• My Little Pony

I've been listening to samples and may have to agree with this. Very impressive so far. Although I thought 'The One' was a bit shit...

Whereas that's one of my favourites from the album.

Whereas that's one of my favourites from the album.

Really? I thought it was incredibly wet.

Are there other songs like that one? Might give this one a miss after all...

Everything after The One blew my mind.

I was like wtf.....I thought Stryper was shite lol.

Now that's more encouraging! :D