Reckless Love - Spirit

Deuce

Well sourced a download so its been easier than listening to it online (although not heard the bonus track yet as I assume its the Finnish release version). Have to say the album sounds great.

Few more surprises on this one sound wise, so I think it may take a little bit longer to truly sink in.

There are certainly a lot of Leppard influences dotted about it, a Motley Crue influence here, a Bon Jovi influence there, but the two that surprised me most are Sex, drugs and Reckless Love, which kicks off like a classic Priest song and Metal ass which reminds me of Supersonic sex machine by Steel Panther, the main tune has so many similarities even though its not a dead ringer.

Unsurprisingly they have not let me down again, and I look forward to seeing them again in October for the 9th time.

I like the whole fucking disc!! This is awesome!!!

Man.... all of the sudden the solid releases are coming!! LaValle smokes and this is brilliant.

Agreed :drink2:

Guest babylon love

i get the CD in my mailbox this morning and find the time to listen it in my car.

I find the album very nice to listen.

for the moment, it's not better than Animal Attraction but it is a good CD.

Nothing's shocking to found out that this is still a consistently great disc from RL, in fact, based only on two spins, I think this is slightly better than 'Animal Attraction', but I still wanna ensure how the album holds after more than 5 spins. There are seriously a great of variety of tempos here, from the mid-paced anthemic tracks such as 'Night On Fire' or 'I Love Heavy Metal', to the heavy riffs of 'Metal Ass', from the mellow ballad of 'Hot Rain' to the cheerful energetic track of 'So Happy I Could Die'.

Best track for me here is probably 'Sex, Drugs, & Reckless Love', and the next big one is 'So Happy I Could Die'. But some other tracks that's worthy to be rated around 9 or more are 'Bad Lovin', 'Edge of Our Dreams', and 'Hot Rain'. Production could be bigger but I think it's worthy of 8/10 and replay value is definitely high as I'm sure I'll be spinning this regulary for the rest of the year. All three albums are awesome while the debut still holds the throne, and for now, this one is sitting on #3 right below W.E.T and VEGA, but I think with only 4 months to go, 'Spirit' will lock at least one seat in the top ten.

89%

Ive only spun it once so far, but i agree its not as good as Animal Attraction.

It is still a very good album though.

The 2 which I detest on first listen are I love Heavy Metal and Metal Ass - both just cringe worthy imo. Also the ballad Hot Rain is a bit of a let down.

The rest are all good imo ranging 7.5-9.0.

I do think we were treated to the 2 best songs up front, but I do really like Bad Lovin, Edge Of Our Dreams, Livin To Die, Sex Drugs, and the bonus track Die Hard is great too.

All in all Im happy, and theyve produced 3 really strong albums.

Guest babylon love

Nothing's shocking to found out that this is still a consistently great disc from RL, in fact, based only on two spins, I think this is slightly better than 'Animal Attraction', but I still wanna ensure how the album holds after more than 5 spins. There are seriously a great of variety of tempos here, from the mid-paced anthemic tracks such as 'Night On Fire' or 'I Love Heavy Metal', to the heavy riffs of 'Metal Ass', from the mellow ballad of 'Hot Rain' to the cheerful energetic track of 'So Happy I Could Die'.

Best track for me here is probably 'Sex, Drugs, & Reckless Love', and the next big one is 'So Happy I Could Die'. But some other tracks that's worthy to be rated around 9 or more are 'Bad Lovin', 'Edge of Our Dreams', and 'Hot Rain'. Production could be bigger but I think it's worthy of 8/10 and replay value is definitely high as I'm sure I'll be spinning this regulary for the rest of the year. All three albums are awesome while the debut still holds the throne, and for now, this one is sitting on #3 right below W.E.T and VEGA, but I think with only 4 months to go, 'Spirit' will lock at least one seat in the top ten.

89%

what are wet and vega?

Oh you never listened to them ? W.E.T is Work of Art - Eclipse - Talisman, they're on their second album now, consisted of the power trio of Robert Sall - Erik Martensson - Jeff Scott Soto. You should try both albums asap

and VEGA is also on their second album now, the singer is Nick Workman from the band KICK, have you heard that before ? and the rhythm section consists of Martin brothers, which is a very good songwriter too

Both bands have stronger debut than the sophomore, but the new albums are still strong though

89%

what are wet and vega?

What? You don't know who W.E.T. is?!

• My Little Pony

89%

what are wet and vega?

Yeah, Vega is forgivable but you should familiarize yourself with W.E.T. forthwith.

I'm about 5-6 spins into this now and it is pretty much business as usual, which isn't surprising. The good far outweighs the bad ,'Metal Ass' is truly abysmal and one of the worst songs the band has ever recorded, but i'm really loving 'Night On Fire' ,'Dying To Love', 'Edge Of Our Dreams', 'Hot Rain', 'Sex Drugs & Reckless Love', 'Favourite Flavour'.. Not decided where the best songs on 'Spirit' stand compared to the best moments on the first 2 discs,, because there were so many great songs 'Sex', 'Romance', 'Back To Paradise', 'Born To Break Your Heart'', 'Dance', 'Dirty Dreams', 'Wild Touch', 'Beautiful Bomb' & Hot', but time will tell.

one of my favs is the bonus track 'Die Hard'

Have not heard it yet!

89%

what are wet and vega?

Yeah, Vega is forgivable but you should familiarize yourself with W.E.T. forthwith.

I got the first W.E.T. album and thought it was dull.

89%

what are wet and vega?

I got the first W.E.T. album and thought it was dull.

W H A T ?

Whoa just heard ''Die Hard'' and lemme tell you... it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! Very old skool feel, EASILY one of the top 3 tracks off the new record real shame it's only on the uk version but it really is kind of different from the other songs so I kinda get it. Curious to know what the jap bonus track sounds like........

Whoa just heard ''Die Hard'' and lemme tell you... it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! Very old skool feel, EASILY one of the top 3 tracks off the new record real shame it's only on the uk version but it really is kind of different from the other songs so I kinda get it. Curious to know what the jap bonus track sounds like........

You mean 'Angel Falling'? And not to mention the bonus track on Spotify 'Gone With A Smile'.

• My Little Pony

You mean 'Angel Falling'? And not to mention the bonus track on Spotify 'Gone With A Smile'.

Wait, three different bonus tracks? Which physical version does "Gone With A Smile" appear on? Which bonus track is best? Which album should I get?

Wait, three different bonus tracks? Which physical version does "Gone With A Smile" appear on? Which bonus track is best? Which album should I get?

Japanese bonus track: Angel Falling

UK bonus track: Die Hard

Spotify (download only): Gone With A Smile

Just wait a couple of weeks and there will be deluxe edition called 'Spiritual' with all these bonus tracks and 20 new songs/versions :whistle:

• My Little Pony

Japanese bonus track: Angel Falling

UK bonus track: Die Hard

Spotify (download only): Gone With A Smile

Just wait a couple of weeks and there will be deluxe edition called 'Spiritual' with all these bonus tracks and 20 new songs/versions :whistle:

Heh, I count on it. For now I'mma have to download that Spotify track.