What is with the slow paying Australians?

Is it the time of year, the weather, the surfing is too good, dingos are eating their babies or the fact they are 24hrs away by plane? Why are they so slow at paying for their stuff?

I'm waiting for 3 buyers to pay for cd's, all 3 are Australian.

And here I thought it was the Jamaicans who were laid back and had no worries.

Aussies are strange people... :whistle:

BTW You did receive my payment, didn't you Dave? ;)

Very rapidly thank you!

I think paypal can take upto a week to uploade money from Aussy banks to be able to make payment?

OK that's new to me. There are some Autralians that pay the very next day, so maybe it has to do with only certain accounts.

I've blocked Chinese and Russian bidders for a few years now. They and their mailing system can't be trusted.

I've blocked Chinese and Russian bidders for a few years now. They and their mailing system can't be trusted.

Russian system is better and wayyyyyyyy cheaper than the canadian one! Of course, both pale in comparison with the master of the airwaves- the aussie one! Even though i'm from Europe, i get the aussie stuff within a week. No wonder why i, personally, stopped buying stuff from Canada (although nightmares are still haunting me after i have rejected the opportunity of getting one extremely rare canadian 7" single i was searching for and found from a canadian seller in discogs).

Russian system is better and wayyyyyyyy cheaper than the canadian one! Of course, both pale in comparison with the master of the airwaves- the aussie one! Even though i'm from Europe, i get the aussie stuff within a week. No wonder why i, personally, stopped buying stuff from Canada (although nightmares are still haunting me after i have rejected the opportunity of getting one extremely rare canadian 7" single i was searching for and found from a canadian seller in discogs).

Maybe it's not the mailing system that can't be trusted, it may only be the majority of Ebay buyers from there.

The Aussie shipping may be fast, but their bidders are still slow to pay....I'm still waiting for my 3 payments. Although one buyer did communicate and said he'll pay by weeks end, something that I do appreciate.

It's nearly been a week since I started this thread and I have finally received 1 of the 3 payments from the Aussie bidders. Maybe by June all of them will have payed.

It's nearly been a week since I started this thread and I have finally received 1 of the 3 payments from the Aussie bidders. Maybe by June all of them will have payed.

Useless bunch, those Aussies ... ! ;)

I have made friends with a swell guy over there and sent him tons of stuff and he has always paid fast. Regardless of the country, if you don't have the funds to pay within the time frame of he seller, you shouldn't be bidding.

There has only been a couple of times when I have not been able to pay straight away. One was due to a problem with Paypal putting a block on my account because they said I owed them money which I didnt, and it took them nearly a week to unblock my account even after admitting their fault, but all the while I kept the seller updated and he was fine with it. The other time I knew I wouldnt have the money within the time scale required, but desperately wanted the item, so I messaged the seller first, explained I didnt get paid for two weeks but really wanted the item, and would he mind if I bid. He was absolutely fine with it as I was up front with him.

Quite simply, if you are going to have to delay payment for whatever reason, communication is a must. I know some sellers will get the arse, but I am sure most will be understanding as long as you are honest and communicate.

The 'drama' is over. I've received all the payments. I agree communication is appreciated, yet only 1 of the 3 did communicate with me.

There has only been a couple of times when I have not been able to pay straight away. One was due to a problem with Paypal putting a block on my account because they said I owed them money which I didnt, and it took them nearly a week to unblock my account even after admitting their fault, but all the while I kept the seller updated and he was fine with it. The other time I knew I wouldnt have the money within the time scale required, but desperately wanted the item, so I messaged the seller first, explained I didnt get paid for two weeks but really wanted the item, and would he mind if I bid. He was absolutely fine with it as I was up front with him.

Quite simply, if you are going to have to delay payment for whatever reason, communication is a must. I know some sellers will get the arse, but I am sure most will be understanding as long as you are honest and communicate.

Yep, communication is key. Most sellers greatly appreciate it!

Personally, I generally pay immediately, before my balls have time to swell in excitement. Up to the individual I guess. I should give more lessons here on how to be awesome.

Personally, I generally pay immediately, before my balls have time to swell in excitement. Up to the individual I guess. I should give more lessons here on how to be awesome.

And here I am thinking you had to be born awesome like yourself and now I hear you can take lessons... :lol:

Haha, I did take lessons. From myself. My awesomeness extends to a point where that is possible.