Skid Row: "United World Rebellion" review (Hardrock Haven)

Should the Skidsters just hang up their big guns already? Or is this new EP a return to form? Click the link below to check out my review of Skid Row: "United World Rebellion--Chapter One" over at Hardrock Haven:

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2013/05/skid-row-united-world-rebellion-chapter-one-cd-review/

For those who don't have the time to read a full review, I'll break it down thusly: one great song, two good songs, one lousy ballad, and one forgettable rocker.

This is one of the best songs, even though it sounds more like something Egypt Central would record than a Skid Row tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8nEaoY4nY

Haven't listened to it yet and don't like the idea of any band releasing just a handful of eps. Stupid...

Yeah, that whole EP thing is a bit of a head-scratcher. Not sure what they were thinking.

*gulp* ... doesn't sound good. Interestingly, a review of this e.p is compared to the band's fab sophomore effort.

Actually, parts of it are really good. "Kings of Demolition" is fantastic and easily could have appeared on "Slave to the Grind" or "Subhuman Race." "Get Up" is pretty kickass as well, though it sounds like modern hard rock rather than a Skid Row tune. And "Let's Go" rocks out in fine fashion. It's only the ballad and the closing rocker that completely miss the mark.

That said, any reviewer who compares this to their sophomore effort is delusional.

I don't review anything until I have listen to it at least five times. I have to say in my opinion, their are 4 killer tunes and then the ballad is good. The ballad is lacking some sort of punch or harmony that keeps it from being great but the other tracks are awesome!

FYI - Walmart is selling it right now for $7, no joke :)

*gulp* ... doesnt sound good. Interestingly, a review of this e.p is compared to the band's fab sophomore effort.

Yeah I agree, not very interesting and sorta bland. Maybe before I stop at Wally World and buy this I need to listen to the other tunes.