enter key not working in comment section

66 mustang

just updated to IE 10 today. I just noticed that when I hit the enter key to make a break it does not work. I tried a couple other sites and it seems to only not be working in the comment/reply section of this site. if I search for something and hit the enter key it works just fine.

I never bother with the enter key on the comments section as it reformats it afterwards and takes away the break anyway. Have you tried holding down shift and pressing enter?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem.. .it started last night. I was typin' a post, hit the "enter" key to start a new line, and ... nothin'. It's still doing it now as I type this. What up with that? Anyone have a clue? I just tried Captain Howdy's suggestion of holding down the "shift" and "enter" keys at the same time, and it didn't work...

Weird. The editor works fine in Firefox, but not IE10.

If you click the little light switch icon at upper left above the text window it puts you in old-school board mode where you need to use bbcode for formatting, but it allows you to add hard returns.

It's only the rich text editor that is scrozzed by IE10.

-Dan

OK cool, let's try it out...

Yay!! The "Enter" key works again!! :homer: Woohoo!!