H.E.A.T Borderline, London 11/04/2013

Captain Howdy

Saw them last night for the first time, and despite only being a fan of the latest album, thought it was an amazing gig. Erik is a perfect case of perpetual motion, not standing still for more than a few seconds at a time. Despite the fact it was such a small venue, it felt like a much bigger gig as the place was packed, with the crowd going crazy all night, including the support act sets.

As for the supports, first band on was Curran, who I had only heard one song before, but they were great.

second support was King Lizard who were a manic throwback to the classic 80s heavier hair metal.

for £10 a ticket (face value £8.50), it was amazing value for money

Absolutely fantastic gig.

You are dead right about Erik Gronwall - he so full of energy on stage. Hungry is the right word I think.

What struck me was how excellent the new songs sounded - I love the first 2 albums but the new material is definitely a massive step up live - they just work so well live and rock your socks off - stuff like 'Better Off Alone', 'Heartbreaker', 'Living On The Run' etc

Also how in the hell did they make 'Its All About Tonight' sound so damned heavy! Serious stuff.

I only caught the second support act but they were pretty awful in comparison.

Absolutely fantastic gig.

You are dead right about Erik Gronwall - he so full of energy on stage. Hungry is the right word I think.

My mate who I went with saw them once before when Ronnie was with them, and he said quality wise they were pretty much on a par with eachother as far as perfomance goes, but he was absolutely amazed that with all his onstage antics, Erik didnt even seem to be breathing heavy.

As I say, the first two albums I just find ok, but love the new one, but you could see that the rest of the crowd were diehards who love everything by the band, and they all loved Erik.

The band certainly made the right decision by taking him on board. Of course I would say the new tracks were the strongest, but thats my bias I spose.

Now that I've seen Crashdiet, these guys would rank right up at the top as the next band I wanna see.

Not really a fan of Crashdiet, but seeing them in two weeks as they are co-headlining with Jettblack.

Now that I've seen Crashdiet, these guys would rank right up at the top as the next band I wanna see.

Not really a fan of Crashdiet, but seeing them in two weeks as they are co-headlining with Jettblack.

Ha ha I'm going that too - would be good to say hello!