Your Favorite Concert

As an experience, it would have to be the 1988 Donington Monsters of Rock festival ... Helloween, Guns n' Roses, Megadeth, David Lee Roth, KISS and Iron Maiden ...

Really difficult to pick one. I'd have to go with Anathema (when they were still heavy) Cathedral and Paradise Lost in London in 1995, which was an awesome gig. A couple of years ago, I saw Legion of The Damned, Obituary and Amon Amarth, which would probably be a close second.

Holy Shit are you kidding?

How on earth do you pick just one from 30 years of gigging?????!

I guess these would be on the shortlist -

Bon Jovi - Hammy Odeon (5th row) - Slippery tour

Iron Maiden - Hammy Odeon - Peace of Mind tour

Guns n Roses - Milton Keynes Bowl 1993

Donnington 1988

Giant - Marquee Club

Love/Hate - Marquee Club

Firefest 4 - FM / Tyketto / Harem Scarem / Jorn / Valentine

Skid Row - Hammy Odeon - debut tour

Firefest 2010 - Nelson / Jimi Jamison / Pretty Maids / Strangeways / Stage Dolls / Newman

REO Speedwagon / FM - Hammy Odeon 1985

Alter Bridge - London Astoria (debut tour)

Nightwish - London Astoria (Once tour)

Soul Sirkus - Shepherds Bush (schon/JSS from 5 feet away! nice!)

plus loads of others..........have loved my gigs over the years, so many great memories!!

Saw Night Ranger last year at Rib Fest in Sioux Falls with my daughter. The more I think about it, the more I believe that is the best concert I have seen. Just an absolutely fantastic show.

Saw Night Ranger last year at Rib Fest in Sioux Falls with my daughter. The more I think about it, the more I believe that is the best concert I have seen. Just an absolutely fantastic show.

Yeah actually I would add Night Ranger at the O2 Islington - both times - fantastic shows!!

Yeah actually I would add Night Ranger at the O2 Islington - both times - fantastic shows!!

That's 15 and counting, Glen. Sort it out. ;)

If you could go back in time and see one of those gigs again, which would it be? :D

That's 15 and counting, Glen. Sort it out. ;)

If you could go back in time and see one of those gigs again, which would it be? :D

For awesomeness Jovi (cos they were that good back then)

For wipeout Love/Hate (cos it was carnage)

Ok.. Wow that's a hard one.. Pick just one??? Not sure I can...... But here's some of My favorits..

Operation Rock and Roll, Summer of 1991, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Metal Church and Dangerous Toys

Metallica w/ Queensryche Spring 1989

Metallica w/ The Cult Summer 1989

Overkill w/ Dark Angel and a couple local bands.. L'amour 1990

Sepultura with a few local bands L'amour 1989

Lizzy Borden with a couple local bands L'amour 1989 I think??

Crimson Glory at some club called Zone dk in NYC 1990 I think?? coulda been 1991...

Kiss w/ Skid Row and Ted Nugent October 2000

Queensryche w/ Type O Negative Summer of 1994...

And that's just off the top of My head.. Hard to pick just one....

... been giving this some thought ... I'd still go with Donington in '88 as being the best overall concert 'experience', but there have been other highlights ...

Anthrax/Iron Maiden at Wembley at the tail-end of 1990

Spock's Beard at the LA2 in 1999

Fields Of The Nephilim at the Cliffs Pavillion in 1990

Little Angels/Van Halen at Wembley in 1993

W.A.S.P. at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1989

Fish at Club Riga last year

Big Country at the Cliffs Pavillion in 1995

... then, of course, there are the bands that weren't necessarily the headliner on the day, but who put on a great show ... Thunder, Del Amitri, Grey Lady Down, Megadeth, Diamond Head ...

I'm starting to sound like Glen now :)

... Fish at Club Riga last year

I'm starting to sound like Glen now :)

nothing wrong with that....and yes that Fish gig was 'a moment'. Truly stunning. And thought provoking. The guy certainly has a 'presence'

First gig Kiss 1980 Australian tour,Iron Maiden 1982,Queen,Deep Purple, Pink Floyd,Jeff Buckley,Tea Party,Cheap Trick,Alter Bridge & The Porcupine Tree.Hard for me to pick out just one fav as all these gigs pull at my heart strings.

Crimson Glory at some club called Zone dk in NYC 1990 I think?? coulda been 1991...

I am really jealous about that one.

And speaking of jealousy, the first person that mentions Thin Lizzy is going to make me Hulk-angry. ;)

I am really jealous about that one.

And speaking of jealousy, the first person that mentions Thin Lizzy is going to make me Hulk-angry. ;)

Best you don't ever meet my Uncle, then ...

Dokken at Hammerjacks in 1995. Beyond awesome. They SMOKED!!

I saw Dokken open for AC/DC (must have been about '88, I think) ... and, yeah - they were FANTASTIC!I could add Sylosis/Testament to my ever-growing list ... Testament played their first two albums back to back ... *dribble* ...

I could add Sylosis/Testament to my ever-growing list ... Testament played their first two albums back to back ... *dribble* ...

I believe I was there ... and I seem to recall you leaving before the end ... :whistle:

I could add Sylosis/Testament to my ever-growing list ... Testament played their first two albums back to back ... *dribble* ...

I believe I was there ... and I seem to recall you leaving before the end ... :whistle:

Poxy bloody public transport ...

OK 3 more for the mixing pot -

Puddle Of Mudd @ Astoria - probably about 10 years ago now. Awesome gig. Carnage

Disturbed @ Astoria (debut album tour) - ditto. Carnage - lost my glasses in the crowd...still amazing though.

Iron Maiden/Saxon @ Brixton Academy - 2007. Amazing to see them in such a small venue.

It was actually Fall of '89...