Black Sabbath - 13 (June 10th)

All Nights Reserved

Hasnt changed my impression that the only 2 black sabbath albums you need to own are Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules.

I don't like any of them.

those 2 are classics imo

Hasnt changed my impression that the only 2 black sabbath albums you need to own are Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules.

Hell, yeah - give me the Dio-fronted Sabbath any day!

I bought the deluxe edition and I was underwhelmed on my first spin.

Yep it sounds like classic Ozzy Sabbath but with only average songs. Yes it's excellent musically and they don't miss Ward IMO and Ozzy sounds great but damn where are the songs???? And every track is like 8 minutes long so that is a little overkill. I'll stick with the DIO and Martin albums..........

I bought the deluxe edition and I was underwhelmed on my first spin.

Yep it sounds like classic Ozzy Sabbath but with only average songs. Yes it's excellent musically and they don't miss Ward IMO and Ozzy sounds great but damn where are the songs???? And every track is like 8 minutes long so that is a little overkill. I'll stick with the DIO and Martin albums..........

I agree ... I was VERY disappointed.

I'm somewhat underwelmed by it to be honest. Much prefer the Dio era and also the Tony Martin era.

Yes and yes so yeah I agree. I've tried playing it a second time and it's just hard to get through these songs or jam sessions or whatever you call them.

• 4 weeks later...

The songs are pretty good, but it's way overproduced, which makes it sound like it could be any number of recent Ozzy solo records. It definitely should have had a grittier feel to it.

I'm somewhat underwelmed by it to be honest. Much prefer the Dio era and also the Tony Martin era.

Yes and yes so yeah I agree. I've tried playing it a second time and it's just hard to get through these songs or jam sessions or whatever you call them.

I've tried getting through this album 3 times. All three times I have had to put something else in the player to keep me from falling asleep. No wonder I was was able to get it for $4.00.

I've tried getting through this album 3 times. All three times I have had to put something else in the player to keep me from falling asleep. No wonder I was was able to get it for $4.00.

You paid too much!!!!

Heaven and hell is ok, but its not a Black Sabbath album for me.

Gimme the Ozzy era any day of the week as thats the only albums that sound like Sabbath.

As mentioned, some of the tunes go on a bit, making the album feel too long over all, and there are the bonus tracks to get through as well on the special edition. On the plus side, it does have some great Iommi riffage going on and Geezers bass is superb as always. Ozzy sounds not half bad either. I think the sound/ mix/ production of the album is really good too. I think it's a pretty strong album over all and thankfully I wasn't disappointed listening to it. Not their best, but certainly no turkey either.

As mentioned, some of the tunes go on a bit, making the album feel too long over all, and there are the bonus tracks to get through as well on the special edition. On the plus side, it does have some great Iommi riffage going on and Geezers bass is superb as always. Ozzy sounds not half bad either. I think the sound/ mix/ production of the album is really good too. I think it's a pretty strong album over all and thankfully I wasn't disappointed listening to it. Not their best, but certainly no turkey either.

After a whole lot of spins i'm feeling the same way Jez dones about the album,not a killer but still a good effort all round and alot of bands reforming and releasing new material after a long period of time have fallen way short compared to this Sab release.

Yeah agree. I don't understand with all the negativity, if in the first place people can't enjoy the first four Sabbath albums, then there's no point in trying this one out, because it has the doom depressive slow atmosphere that's caught in the early years, but I do agree it's a bit overproduced, but this is 2013, probably they want to add a modern feel to the sound instead of emulating the raw sound of the late 60s/early 70s

My favourite Ozzy-era album is 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' (with 'Sabotage' a close second), which puts me well and truly in the minority of Sabbath fans, given my love for the Dio and Martin-fronted albums ... that said, this album still smacks of one last chance to make a quid buck off the back of a legendary name.

Yeah agree. I don't understand with all the negativity, if in the first place people can't enjoy the first four Sabbath albums, then there's no point in trying this one out, because it has the doom depressive slow atmosphere that's caught in the early years, but I do agree it's a bit overproduced, but this is 2013, probably they want to add a modern feel to the sound instead of emulating the raw sound of the late 60s/early 70s

Well I love the first four Sabbath albums but I still think it's a weak one. Why? Maybe because there are no SONGS on it.

Well I love the first four Sabbath albums but I still think it's a weak one. Why? Maybe because there are no SONGS on it.

Hm sorry mate but that one I don't understand at all since most of the songs in the new album basically borrows many passage from the early albums, but to each their own :D

You paid too much!!!!

Absolutely I did...about $5.00 too much, because the band will need to pay me to listen to it again.

Hm sorry mate but that one I don't understand at all since most of the songs in the new album basically borrows many passage from the early albums, but to each their own :D

Passages are not songs, right? :D

Passages are not songs, right? :D

Actually, they're part of songs mate :D

but like GNR's 'Chinese Democracy', perhaps that's the way it is, in the end, it divided fans into two,

some love it, some hate it, so nothing to worry about

• 2 months later...