New FnA releases just purchased.

the game

I just purchase a bunch of FnA Records releases....Wanted, Cleavage (both killer releases), Fatal Attraction, Stikky Suite, Gypsy Blue and Saharra (pre-order). They are killer awesome releases with bonus rarities....buy the originals...copies do not make it justice. The Clevage stuff is amazing. You can not find this stuff just anywhere.Check out their site....tons more coming. http://fnarecords.net/ Keep Hard Rock/Melodic Metal and Glam alive!!! Support the bands!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchase a bunch of FnA Records releases....Wanted, Cleavage (both killer releases), Fatal Attraction, Stikky Suite, Gypsy Blue and Saharra (pre-order). They are killer awesome releases with bonus rarities....buy the originals...copies do not make it justice. The Clevage stuff is amazing. You can not find this stuff just anywhere.Check out their site....tons more coming. http://fnarecords.net/ Keep Hard Rock/Melodic Metal and Glam alive!!! Support the bands!!!!

The Cleavage releases are said to be CDR's by a few members here that bought them already. To me a CDR is just a copy.

I think record companies/distributors need to start listing each release as silver pressed, CDR and maybe what comes with the inserts. I agree it is great to get access to all this music but at the same time it is really disappointing to shell out $15, $20+ for something that turns out to be a CDR with crap print on the booklets or a 1-2 page booklet insert.

A year or 2 ago I suggested Demon Doll list a bit more info like that on each item and got my ass chewed and told never to come back. They have a ton of music right up my alley but so far I haven't went back. I'm sure some day I will maybe but if you feel you have a quality product then give details. Not giving details to me means you are afraid people will not like what those details are.

It's not that hard to add some lines on the CD description page.

Anyway, enough ranting, it wasn't meant to be at you (the game), I just should never have went to that Monday 2p staff meeting. F*ck.

It's awesome that the Cleavage material is finally seeing the light of day, but I agree with Jeff. If companies are going to release a cd-r they need to state that on the album page. Otherwise it looks like they have something to hide.

It's awesome that the Cleavage material is finally seeing the light of day, but I agree with Jeff. If companies are going to release a cd-r they need to state that on the album page. Otherwise it looks like they have something to hide.

They have a bad habit of doing that and then blaming the artist...

If a band self releases, and releases on CDR, then you can sort of understand it. But as soon as a record label gets involved, there is never any excuse to release a CDR.

If you are a genuine record label, then release genuine CDs.

I am sure some of the record label people on here will come back with answers about costs or bands etc, but thats all just bullshit.

Look at the small bands out there who are releasing proper silver pressed CDs. If they can do it, there is no excuse for a label to not do it.

Simple fact is, if I wanted a CDR, I'd burn it myself for pennies, cause thats all they are worth.

You guys have no idea what a dick he owner has been about my Tora Tora refund. We went at it today...he is a douchebag and I will not support anything they do.

You guys have no idea what a dick he owner has been about my Tora Tora refund. We went at it today...he is a douchebag and I will not support anything they do.

That sucks! ANd obviously speaks volume's about this company's charactor. I'm sure you were quite pleasant in sharing your dissatisfaction with the product you paid REAL $$$$$ for, not that 10 or 15 bucks isn't real money, but sheesh...

Tell us more...

That sucks! ANd obviously speaks volume's about this company's charactor. I'm sure you were quite pleasant in sharing your dissatisfaction with the product you paid REAL $$$$$ for, not that 10 or 15 bucks isn't real money, but sheesh...

Tell us more...

The short and skinny of it is it was not listed as a cdr. Okay, I get it. That sucks and I am out shipping it back but I get it. So I send it back Priority mail no less so I am not waiting forever and after seeing it had made it there via tracking I was told it wasn't there yet. Ok...?

Two days later I ask again. This time it was there but an employee forgot to tell him and he is sick in bed, maybe he will refund it in a day or two. At this point I am a bit fed up and done. Do I feel bad he is sick? Sure...I am human. But you have had the fucking box for several days and the product was shit. I requested a refund within the day or I was filing a claim with Paypal. No refund came so I did what I said and that started a shit storm. Now I'm the bad guy because he is sick. Lets not talk about the shit product, having the box for days and the fact that it takes two seconds to refund the money.

So now he is purposely taking all 14 days Paypal gave him to refund the money just to be a dick.

As I said before, I will not buy from them again and any chance I get I am going to tell everyone about this place and how they operate.

$15 for a CDR. What else needs to be told?

It was $120' for a five song cdr and cheap ass made shirt, bandana and pics. Ridiculous...he has at least told me going forward they will list what is not silver so I guess that's good. Maybe I am not the only one bitching...

Glad to hear the good and bad. I purchased a few cd's from FnA...and was Happy with the product...but especially the music...it is a silver bottom pressed cd.....so if it is a cd or cd-r...is not the point with me.....just want to get a lot of the songs that were and will never get released by the bands on major labels. Yes I agree in some sense that the companies should let buyers know if it is a cd or cd-r in the description. Also a cd-r to me is if the bottom is Green or Blue...then it is a cheap copy....same for dvd's if purple. I would rather have a silver bottom cd-r than nothing. I have a lot of stuff from bands that will never ever be pressed on a silver cd....and will never see the light of day. I have been asked by many people who only buy silver cd pressings for a copy of some of the stuff I have and I asked why do you want a cheap copy...lol. I wonder if some one can help me in burning stuff or download rarities never released by bands....can anyone hook me up with Sher Khan-Don't Feed The Animals 4 song demo....any SIN and Thunderball demos and live shows....Zeus-In for the Rock 1990 demo...please help. Lets all keep the sounds of the 80's alive...cheers to everyone and their feedback...good to hear other's opinions.. :):whistle::git::beerbang:

If someone is concerned that a release is a CD-R before buying from ANY company these days, do not ask the company if it is 'Silver'. Ask the company if the release was 'Replicated' (Glass Master required) or 'Duplicated' (Burned on CD-R). If the company will not tell you one of those words, then they more than likely do not know the difference (which is odd for a label not to know that) or they are being sly with their info. When 'Silver-Bottom CD-R' got popular, it became easy for any company/band or bootlegger to claim their release was in fact 'Silver'. It became a play on words.

Here is just the latest email back & forth. There has been a TON and yes, I am being admittedly an ass now as well but this guy is ridiculous....not sure if it is okay to show email addresses so no offence Dan if you have to delete but it is his business address I guess and mine I could care less if people see it.

I have never had an experience like this before...un-fucking-believable.

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:30 PM

To: Bari

Subject: Re: Rock n Roll Relics Record Store: Credit Memo # 100000004 for Order # 100000574

Good Day,

JL

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Bari <tourmanager@aol.com> wrote:

Don’t think I wont have the last laugh. BTW, Last laugh by Roxx Gang comes out soon. How appropriate. Be sure to pick up your copy!

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:16 PM

Subject: Re: Rock n Roll Relics Record Store: Credit Memo # 100000004 for Order # 100000574

Wow...can't wait for Paypal and all the forums to read all your bullshit.

Yep, your business should go way up man.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Bari <tourmanager@aol.com> wrote:

Did nothing wrong here. Told you I would send by Tuesday. You whined like a bitch that it wasn’t soon enough knowing I was ill in bed, so you pulled a dick move and filed a paypal claim because you couldn’t wait for me to get better. You should apologize for your dick move and maybe you would get better customer service.

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:11 PM

When you are ready to apologize I am listening otherwise like I said, no more emails.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Bari <tourmanager@aol.com> wrote:

You’d been surprised how long an apology goes. I told you it would be done by Tuesday, but you whined that it wasn’t quick enough for you. What a nice guy you are. Did you go to Southern Illinois?

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Doesn't matter anymore. I escalated it to Paypal. You have had the damn cd since 3/18 according to usps.com

You were sick for over a week and couldn't refund? Right...

I have already started to let everyone know. You have to be a real idiot....

Don't email me again...

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Bari <tourmanager@aol.com> wrote:

Cool. Not going to refund it now because you couldn’t wait a few days for me to get out of bed due to me being sick - cause you are impatient and noncaring. I told you when I would be able to get to it, and you couldn’t allow two days for a sick person to recooperate.

Rock On!

From: Lewisfamilyof7@gmail.com [mailto:lewisfamilyof7@gmail.com]

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:16 PM

Do what you have to do. Paypal can decide since you arent going to refund it now.

This concludes my correspondence.

Regards,

JL

Cool band :headbanger: .... but to remaster and then duplicate on CD-R seems counterproductive.

Yeah, it seems weird to get the rights to an album (whatever that entails; I presume it's not simple) and then issue as a CD-R. I really want to hear these Cleavage CDs (are they that great? I'm always after more top quality hair metal...) but $15 plus postage for CD-Rs seems ridiculous. Why would they want to lose so much business (e.g. members of this site and I'm sure many other hard rock fans) by issuing as CD-R? Strange.

Here is just the latest email back & forth. There has been a TON and yes, I am being admittedly an ass now as well but this guy is ridiculous....not sure if it is okay to show email addresses so no offence Dan if you have to delete but it is his business address I guess and mine I could care less if people see it.

Good Day,

JL

Don’t think I wont have the last laugh. BTW, Last laugh by Roxx Gang comes out soon. How appropriate. Be sure to pick up your copy!

Did nothing wrong here. Told you I would send by Tuesday. You whined like a bitch that it wasn’t soon enough knowing I was ill in bed, so you pulled a dick move and filed a paypal claim because you couldn’t wait for me to get better. You should apologize for your dick move and maybe you would get better customer service.

When you are ready to apologize I am listening otherwise like I said, no more emails.

You’d been surprised how long an apology goes. I told you it would be done by Tuesday, but you whined that it wasn’t quick enough for you. What a nice guy you are. Did you go to Southern Illinois?

Doesn't matter anymore. I escalated it to Paypal. You have had the damn cd since 3/18 according to usps.com

Don't email me again...

Cool. Not going to refund it now because you couldn’t wait a few days for me to get out of bed due to me being sick - cause you are impatient and noncaring. I told you when I would be able to get to it, and you couldn’t allow two days for a sick person to recooperate.

Rock On!

Do what you have to do. Paypal can decide since you arent going to refund it now.

Regards,

JL

So he is well enough to log on to email, but not well enough to log onto paypal?

Its one or two clicks to issue a refund by paypal, and he could do it with a phone, tablet or laptop from the comfort of his own bed.

No excuse for not issuing a refund straight away unless he was in hospital or seriously ill (which he cant be as he is able to keep going at it via email).

Good Day,

JL

Don't email me again...

Rock On!

Regards,

JL

So he is well enough to log on to email, but not well enough to log onto paypal?

Its one or two clicks to issue a refund by paypal, and he could do it with a phone, tablet or laptop from the comfort of his own bed.

No excuse for not issuing a refund straight away unless he was in hospital or seriously ill (which he cant be as he is able to keep going at it via email).

Exactly my point and believe me, I am sorry he was sick for a couple of days. In my opinion, he had plenty of time before getting sick to refund it and now is purposely holding my funds out of spite.

It's inexcusable...

Guest hairmetalhaven

there are a few things to consider...getting complete silver bottomed discs costs extra money than getting a silver pressed CD-R..all of FnA's products are silver pressed, just not always silver pressed like a CD you would find in walmart, no...silver pressed Cd-Rs sound no different than a cd you would find in walmart..the sound is the best available..the reason some of the FnA discs are only silver pressed CD-Rs is due to the fact that the music industry is in turmoil..people dont buy CDs like before and bootlegging is on the rise...so it doesnt make sense to always press up thousands of copies with the complete silver pressing knowing that 1) as soon as the album is available, it will become available for free online in a matter of days and 2) the crowd who will buy certain releases will be smaller and more selective for the genre..the money raised from the sales goes towards the artists regardless of what the bottom of a disc looks like, and much of the music has never been released and means a lot to the bands to even be available..that should be what matters at the end of the day..i realize some may disagree, and i can certainly understand the viewpoints listed above..i am simply trying to perhaps give another perspective that perhaps no one else is really thinking about.

Mullethead, i dont know if you ever got your matter settled or not, but i can try to figure something out towards that effect if its still needed, just let me know

Patrick

all of FnA's products are silver pressed, just not always silver pressed like a CD you would find in walmart

Sorry, but those two statements are mutually exclusive.

There is no such thing as a "silver pressed CD-R".

A CD is either "pressed" (replicated) or a "CD-R" (duplicated).

A silver-colored CD-R is still simply a CD-R. It just happens to have a lighter-colored underside than a standard CD-R (although it is still different in hue from a replicated CD).

-Dan

there are a few things to consider...getting complete silver bottomed discs costs extra money than getting a silver pressed CD-R..all of FnA's products are silver pressed, just not always silver pressed like a CD you would find in walmart, no...silver pressed Cd-Rs sound no different than a cd you would find in walmart..the sound is the best available..the reason some of the FnA discs are only silver pressed CD-Rs is due to the fact that the music industry is in turmoil..people dont buy CDs like before and bootlegging is on the rise...so it doesnt make sense to always press up thousands of copies with the complete silver pressing knowing that 1) as soon as the album is available, it will become available for free online in a matter of days and 2) the crowd who will buy certain releases will be smaller and more selective for the genre..the money raised from the sales goes towards the artists regardless of what the bottom of a disc looks like, and much of the music has never been released and means a lot to the bands to even be available..that should be what matters at the end of the day..i realize some may disagree, and i can certainly understand the viewpoints listed above..i am simply trying to perhaps give another perspective that perhaps no one else is really thinking about.

Mullethead, i dont know if you ever got your matter settled or not, but i can try to figure something out towards that effect if its still needed, just let me know

Patrick

I want to thank Patrick for reaching out to me privately via email. It is a very nice gesture. Problem is, the damage is done and this guy has made it personal. I am currently reporting FNA Inc to The Better Business Bureau and am considering criminal charges based on the entire email correspondence, the fact that I have proof that I sent them back and the fact that he has basically stole from me.

It's not business anymore simply because he made it personal.

As for Dans comment, I agree 100%. That's not a poke at Patrick because he has an opinion. The fact of the matter is silver is silver and cdr's do not last forever. And furthermore, this whole thing could have been avoided had it been listed as a cdr because I never would have purchased it.

Sounds simple right...