Skyfest

Rockposer

where the hell is mansfield! Sounds 'up north'

Why cant they organise these festivals in a civilised part of the word? lol ;-)

Like London

(i know, I know, its too damned expensive in London............alright then Southend lol!)

Mansfield is near Nottingham.

The rest of the line up is looking rather good although my lips are sealed at the moment.

:doh:

;)

Why do you buggers get all these festivals? There's absolutely nothing out here.

It's about 200 miles away from me!

It's very close to Nottingham; shame you can't do this and Firefest in the same trip!

• My Little Pony

Why do you buggers get all these festivals? There's absolutely nothing out here.

It's very close to Nottingham; shame you can't do this and Firefest in the same trip!

I keep forgetting the mentality out there. We wouldn't think twice about making the trek.

It would only be 180 miles each way for me and I suppose to anyone in a huge country like The U.S., Canada or Oz, it must seem pretty sad that we baulk at a 360-mile round trip to see a gig. To put it into context, traffic is usually awful somewhere en route, especially as I have to get to the other side of London, which is a nightmare, and travel costs are high.

For example:

• To drive would take over 3 hours each way, assuming there was no traffic (which there probably would be!)
  • Diesel price is over £1.45 per litre (£6.60 per gallon) (petrol is around 5 pence per litre cheaper)
  • To go by train would take 4 hours each way
  • Rail fare for me would probably be over £50, which is on top of quite expensive gig tickets and accommodation costs

Maybe this all sounds like we should go and I would definitely do so if there were a few bands I really wanted to see, but not so much if there are 1 or 2 I'm only vaguely interested in.

I keep forgetting the mentality out there. We wouldn't think twice about making the trek.

Of the bands announced so far I'd only be really interested in 2 of them, and Ive seen one of those twice before.

Not really worth a 200 mile trip.

What I was implying was that if it was on my doorstep I might attend.

Saturday is tempting; the headliners could swing it. (But I bet I don't like them as I'm such an awkward bastard...)

Not so much the 'mentality' as 'the absolute arse of a journey' that it would be using public transport ... or even just driving ... I've driven in the US, and would think nothing of doing a long journey over there ... here in the UK, I'd think long and hard about driving anywhere more than 20 miles away! LOL!

Not so much the 'mentality' as 'the absolute arse of a journey' that it would be using public transport ... or even just driving ... I've driven in the US, and would think nothing of doing a long journey over there ... here in the UK, I'd think long and hard about driving anywhere more than 20 miles away! LOL!

Please don't LOL yourself. :D

But yeah, as I've said earlier, driving is a nightmare, especially here in the south east. Although we'd find a way if Willets, Filth and Gossow were all on the bill...

:whistle:

And Saturday's Headliners are - Pretty Maids

Hmm ... better than expected. If the fundage is there and I can persuade that strange Gibbo fella to come along, I quite fancy this.

Hmm ... better than expected. If the fundage is there and I can persuade that strange Gibbo fella to come along, I quite fancy this.

Pretty Maids were excellent at Firefest!

Please don't LOL yourself. :D

But yeah, as I've said earlier, driving is a nightmare, especially here in the south east. Although we'd find a way if Willets, Filth and Gossow were all on the bill...

:whistle:

Why not? I'm VERY funny!I would crawl over broken glass to see Willets, Filth and Gossow on the same bill ...

Christ on a bike - what with this and the Damnation Festival, I need to get saving!

Christ on a bike - what with this and the Damnation Festival, I need to get saving!

Nah, has to be one or t'other.

...and if fundage is short, Oktoberfest takes priority! :drink:

• 1 month later...

With I Am I, Pretty Maids, Code of Silence and Vega all on the Saturday, this is now massively tempting.

Gibbo - train fare might be as little as £25 return, sure you can't be tempted...?

• 5 weeks later...