2009 vs 2010 - Turn of the decade battle

2009 vs 2010  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2009 versus 2010

Some of the best square off, along with match-ups that are pretty much self explanatory. :)

2009 releases are always listed first in each poll question, 2010 releases second.

Poll choices are public, but feel free to expand on your picks! :banger:

*No idea why I've waited so long to do another one of these polls; working on 2010 vs 2011 now!

I voted but it might take me a while to explain and why I voted. The toughest decision was Hardcore Superstar vs Jettblack but I voted for HS. Winger vs Ratt was also tough but Ratt got the nod due to better production. Heaven&Hell over Ozzy was easy as that Oz was shit and the H&H was killer.

OK, I didn't actually vote cos I can't answer all sections but here's my verdicts -

D2 > Treat (but I love both)

Winger > Ratt (but the Ratt is v good)

Heaven & Hell > Ozzy (pretty easy)

As for the sleazy showdown, I can't even bear to consider this without Crashdiet or Crazy Lixx being mentioned which destroy your 2 ;-)

Pretty Maids > Poodles (again pretty easy one)

Hardcore Superstar > Jettblack (easy peasy)

HEAT > Gotthard

Just a few more points to add

2010 > 2009.

Also you ignored my top picks from the respected years - 2009 - WET / 2010 - First Signal

Also looking back at my best of 2010 one which I got wrong was Reckless Love - should have been a lot higher than 25th - I have come to love this band and album!

Cheers

Just to clarify, the choices I've listed aren't necessarily my favorites (heck, I don't even own probably 50% of releases listed) but the ones from each year that I felt matched up well either stylistically or via former bandmates competing against each other.

I may include an indifferent/don't own either as a third voting option in future polls.

I feel ashamed because I love both, but went with Treat. Most of the rest I do own one or the other, so went with the one I own.

I loved the Treat but I went with D2.

I know, don't make me feel worse! lol

I think Treat was 87% and D2 90%

For me it was Treat's best album but not D2. Just prefer D2 as a band.

I think Treat was 87% and D2 90%

For me it was Treat's best album but not D2. Just prefer D2 as a band.

Ditto. I dig Treat and have all of their albums but prefer D2 and it's not even close.

my pick :

Treat

Winger

Accept

Molly Hatchet (random pick, don't know both albums lol)

James Labrie

Stryper

Heaven and Hell

Asia

Helloween

Leverage

Last Vegas

Jaded Heart

Krokus

Pretty Maids

Y&T

Jettblack

My Darkest Days

HEAT

Treat vs. D2 is no fair. Both my picks for albums of the year in 2009 and 2010. Although my other top pick of 2010, which was a tie between Treat's Coup De Grace was Crashdiet's - Generation Wild, which I don't believe is in this poll. Too many releases I haven't heard to properly answer.

Quick summary of my findings excluding the albums I don't own or know:

Treat - Coup De Grace ; ridiculously close and I'd have to rate both albums to get an accurate reading, but I think I'd probably just give the nod to Treat, though both are brilliant. Two of my all time favourite bands.

Winger - Karma ; hard again because both are fantastic, but on songs alone I think the Winger disc had a few more killers.

Stryper - Murder By Pride ; easy one as the Mass album was solid, but average. The Stryper disc was quite good.

Leverage - Circus Colossus ; Masterplan have never done anything for me so this was an easy one too.

The Last Vegas - Whatever Gets You Off ; easy vote again as this was quite good and the Buckcherry was very average.

Jaded Heart - Perfect Insanity ; by miles. The Bormann disc was okay, but this one's got some killer tunes on it. Really quite dig it.

Great White - Rising ; easy vote as the Krokus disc did 0 for me,

Pretty Maids - Pandemonium ; another easy one. The Poodles delivered a nice obvious collection of melodic rock, but this one destroys anything The Poodles could ever dream to conjure up.

Y&T - Facemelter ; two pretty average albums to be totally honest, but I'd give the nod to these guys.

Hardcore Superstar - Beg For It ; I really like the Jettblack, but this one's far stronger from start to finish.

My Darkest Days - S/T ; pretty tight again. Neither were anywhere near the top for me in each year, but both are good, solid discs. I'd go with MDD but like both plenty.

H.E.A.T. - Freedom Rock ; not the best album from Gotthard, but a classic from these guys. Easiest vote of all.

Some of these were pretty close, but here goes

Danger Danger

Winger

Accept

Molly Hatchet (Really close as the Skynyrd album was a belter too)

Dream Theater

Stryper

Heaven and Hell

Asia

Helloween

Leverage

Buckcherry

Jaded Heart

Krokus

Pretty Maids

Y&T

Hardcore Superstar