Firefest 2013

Glen

My God am I glad I am going on Friday this year!!

Just been announced that WET have just been added to the already brilliant line up!!

It's now -

Harem Scarem

Dare

WET

Work Of Art

Edens Curse

The Magnificent

Just crazy good.

Cannot wait!

Shit ! Who else of you guys is going ?? Jez ? Nick ?

Glen, should we have another beer together in Nottingham ? I am REALLY tempted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Glen, should we have another beer together in Nottingham ? I am REALLY tempted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ha ha that would be awesome - note though that I am only going on the Friday. Couldn't afford the whole weekend this year.

Dan (rock poser) is also going.

Apart from Pete, haven't heard from anyone else, but Andre always goes. Will try to see both of these guys this year!

Cheers

• My Little Pony

My God am I glad I am going on Friday this year!!

Just been announced that WET have just been added to the already brilliant line up!!

It's now -

Harem Scarem

Dare

WET

Work Of Art

Edens Curse

The Magnificent

Just crazy good.

Cannot wait!

Fuck me! Are you serious?!! I might have to visit the Island, this year.

As usual it will depend on if i'm gigging or not, so I will have to wait and see. Also depends on the lineup too of course.

As usual it will depend on if i'm gigging or not, so I will have to wait and see. Also depends on the lineup too of course.

Does the line up get any better than that??

It's all been revealed - on website and Facebook.

As I've said I'm only going Friday as this appealed more to me & cost reasons.

• My Little Pony

It's all been revealed - on website and Facebook.

As I've said I'm only going Friday as this appealed more to me & cost reasons.

Saturday looks good, too, though.

Ha ha that would be awesome - note though that I am only going on the Friday. Couldn't afford the whole weekend this year.

Dan (rock poser) is also going.

Apart from Pete, haven't heard from anyone else, but Andre always goes. Will try to see both of these guys this year!

Cheers

Ah ..., question answered ! Forget my last PM then. See you there ! :)

Agreed, this year's Firefest line up us outstanding!

Hope to see ya around Glen , I know I'll see Pete around, ussually after the music has stopped each of those days / nights LOL :)

Hope you can squeeze some stage time this year Pete.

I'll be there as well, Andre ! Let's have a HeavyHarmonies get-together and a few beers in Nottingham this year. Can't wait !! :party421::beerbang:

Besides the great Friday night (which I can't go too) this is weakest line up I have seen for a long time. 4 bands I may actually go out of my way to see, those being Treat, Prophet, Eclipse and the Legends thing. Certainly not worth £150 of my hard earned i'm afraid.

Yeah in fairness I was referring to the Friday line up with that comment.

That said I was seriously considering the whole weekend - just cost prevented me.

Personally I would kill to see the likes of Heavens Edge, Baton Rouge, Shooting star, Hardline, Vixen, Alien (awesome I might add the last time I saw them) plus the ones you mention, but to each their own.

Hope to see ya around Glen , I know I'll see Pete around, ussually after the music has stopped each of those days / nights LOL :)

I'll be there as well, Andre ! Let's have a HeavyHarmonies get-together and a few beers in Nottingham this year. Can't wait !! :party421::beerbang:

It'll be awesome see you again Bernd, seems like a life ago since I last saw you in Ludwigsburg :) 1st beer's on me :guitar:

It'll be awesome see you again Bernd, seems like a life ago since I last saw you in Ludwigsburg :) 1st beer's on me :guitar:

I'll take you up on that one ! :P

Heavens EDge is outstanding this years I didn't thought I was going to see them in my lifetime. I will be there most likely for the whole weekend.

First SWeden Rock then Firefest. What a great year of rock this is going to be.

Maybe we'll meet over there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going for it this year, travelling up the Thursday, then back home Monday.

Can't wait to see Heaven's Edge, Von Groove, Baton Rouge, Brighton Rock, Treat, Hardline, Eclipse, Work Of Art, Eden's Curse & The Magnificent.

I think this will be the usual story for me; a few bands I'd like to see, but spread over the days so I probably won't go at all. The Sunday looks best, with Eclipse, Baton Rouge, Brighton Rock and Prophet, but the rest of the bill that day doesn't appeal at all, especially the 'former members of Vixen' bit, when I'd probably go out for a walk.

I think this will be the usual story for me; a few bands I'd like to see, but spread over the days so I probably won't go at all. The Sunday looks best, with Eclipse, Baton Rouge, Brighton Rock and Prophet, but the rest of the bill that day doesn't appeal at all, especially the 'former members of Vixen' bit, when I'd probably go out for a walk.

For me Friday is like a 'WET' dream ;-)

For me Friday is like a 'WET' dream ;-)

So you're going? Friday only?

I acknowledge that my tastes are at odds with most people around here. Most people like W.E.T., Treat, Dare, Work of Art, whereas I don't. Can't help it, just don't enjoy the songs. However, a bill of Hardline, Heaven's Edge, Baton Rouge, Prophet, Brighton Rock and Eclipse all on the same day would be awesome and I'd definitely be going. As it is, I'm very tempted by the Sunday, but funds will probably rule it out.

You said 'walk', right? ;)

You said 'walk', right? ;)

:rolleyes:

Good. Very good.

Definitely walk. To a pub, probably.

How does the Sunday line-up look to you? Wondering about a joint West Malling / Rochford excursion to Nottingham? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing Eclipse and Baton Rouge ... but it looks as though the lovely Mrs G is working that weekend ... then, of course, there's the fact that most ticket outlets don't accept Magic Beans as payment ... :)