Chris Hall's new band The Dreaming

Leykis101

This is former Stabbing Westward frontman Chris Halls new band the Dreaming, they are not anything like SW, but they rock pretty good, might even be on the more melodic side.

Sounds pretty good to me. I like it. Do they have an album out?

They have 2 albums out, Etched In Blood, and this new one which this songs from simply called Puppet, he sings alot of the same psycho ex girlfriend stalking, deeply disturbed lyrics that he does in SW, only with a more modern happier sounding band behind it! it's fucking great

I don't find the sound is far removed from classic Stabbing Westward, very intense stuff. Always loved Christopher Hall's voice. SW's last self titled release in like 2001 or so was fantastic. The tracks 'Angel' and 'I Remember' were fantastic.

the only problem was Chris was the only SW member who wanted to conitnue on that path, the rest of the band wanted to head a diferent direction with their sound, which is why you now have Chris in this band, and never to hear a SW reunion in our lifetime, so gotta love The Dreaming.

Dood, I know you spend a lot of time recommending bands that I am actually a member of, or albums that I actually produced, or bands with my brother in it. Even bands that live in my house. I like this way you roll, but before this thread I had actually never heard of The Dreaming, and on Friday I heard their 'Puppet' album. Very good stuff. Very strong modern hard rock with good tunes and some really cool commercial choruses. Legitimately good stuff. So I thank you for the recommendation. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 1

it's just that Geoff, before we met, I thought I knew what music was, it's just that nobody else did, now someone does, I have to intensify my search on this type of music, I have plenty of other people that listen to the other kind of music I like, I just read what they post, it gives me time to comb over the other kind I like, to think heres a band that came from the ashes of a band you have a cd of you played frisbee with, and

thought sucked,what does that tell you, yeah Puppets a bad mother fucker, and your right Zacharyamelie, the reason this band sounds like that last SW, was simple, Chris wrote the bulk of that album, the band members started leaving, complaining, that was what began their breakup, I think this band does this music much better, it fits them, it's not as industrial, I didnt really care a whole lot for that final SW disc, I guess im more into Ungod, type stuff, but Puppet is fucking killer.

• 8 years later...

A fucking wicked song by Chris Hall and now featuring 2 other members of Stabbing, probably my favorite song by them so far.