What is going on over at melodicrock.com?

zacharyamelie

What is going on over there? Only a hand full of news updates have been made in more than a month.

Is the work load too much for Andrew? Is the website simply on the decline? Is the website getting revamped? (I know there was mention at one point of getting it modernized.) Or is it simply that there is nothing to report in the melodic rock world?

I really miss reading the daily news....on a more regular basis.

What is going on over there? Only a hand full of news updates have been made in more than a month.

Is the work load too much for Andrew? Is the website simply on the decline? Is the website getting revamped? (I know there was mention at one point of getting it modernized.) Or is it simply that there is nothing to report in the melodic rock world?

I really miss reading the daily news....on a more regular basis.

yeah I was wondering about this also.

I know, what is going on? He has not done a release date update since like 2009

Guys, it's a combination of things so take it easy. He has had some health stuff, site upgrade delays, vacation of late. He is even asking for help if anyone wants to contribute.

It's still the best music news site out there by a country mile.

As Jarred says it's a great site and he's done soooo much for this genre of music we all love.

I know there was mention of some health and vacation time a while back but I could be wrong.

Hopefully everything is okay with him and he can get it all caught up and back on track.

Maybe those few idiots on the message board "burned the place to the ground" .................

Nah, Andrew might just be ill. But I hope he and his site will soon be back.

• My Little Pony

I hope none of you misinterpreted what I said. I have nothing but respect for Andrew and what he's accomplished. I just have limited internets time, so I spend it here.

One thing to keep in mind is that Andrew is working on upgrading the site, organizing the next Melodic Rock Fest, and was just at NAMM this past weekend so he's probably a little frazzled... :-)

I think the same comments surface the same time every year, which if I'm not mistaken, is usually resolved by the fact that the dude's just taking a vacation?

I think the same comments surface the same time every year, which if I'm not mistaken, is usually resolved by the fact that the dude's just taking a vacation?

Yup

He mentioned earlier that he's busy preparing a new website and makes it difficult for him to post anything on the old database so everyone was invited to join his Facebook and Tweet if you want a quick update, but meanwhile, let's just wait until the new site is ready