PRETTY MAIDS - Motherland

zacharyamelie

Spooked

Lethal Heroes

Jump The Gun

Jump the gun and Lethal Heroes are they same aren't they?

Yes, but I'm with Cody here - its so good it's worth including twice ;-)

Oh I definitely love it, just doesn't have the punch of the albums that followed it IMO.

yeah but it does have all the best choruses and melodies ;-)

If you like the fluff more than the punch ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, fair enough. Here's the correct list (roughly, lol):

1. 1990: Jump The Gun

2. 1997: Spooked

3. 1992: Sin-Decade

4. 1994: Scream

5. 1999: Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing

6. 2010: Pandemonium

7. 2006: Wake Up to the Real World

8. 2000: Carpe Diem

9. 1993: Stripped

10. 2002: Planet Panic

11. 1984: Red Hot and Heavy

12. 1987: Future World

TBA:

2013: Motherland

'Spooked' and 'Jump The Gun' are basically equal for me. One is consistent as hell and basically faultless. The other does have a couple of tracks that are not amazing, but it also does have a massive cluster of the best songs PM ever recorded, and some of my all-time favourite songs ever recorded. Very hard to split the pair to be honest.

You aren't too far off buddy but wrong as usual ;)

I am not a big fan of anything before Jump the Gun either. I do love Stripped and liked 80% of Planet Panic as well. Cape Diem is not a good album and I rank Anything Worth slightly ahead of it with much filler.

Doods, I'll be honest. As a full album, 'Pandemonium' is probably a bit better than 'Anything worth doing...' The reason I rated it above it? Simple, it was for four songs alone, especially one. 'Hell on high heels,' 'When the angels cry,' 'With these eyes' and 'Loveshine.' Four of my fave PM songs, and 'Hell On High Heels' is one of my fave songs, full stop.

I don't dislike any of their albums, even 'Future World.' For me it is definitely their weakest CD and although 'Eye of the storm' is a killer track, no other song did much for me at all. I think it's 'Rodeo' that has killer verses and than a dreadful chorus?

'Carpe Diem' seemed to get pretty bashed, but I don't mind it. Not their best by any means, but a cool disc and kinda worth the price of admission alone for 'Wouldn't Miss You,' another of their best songs ever.

This new track sounds like a great continuation of Pandemonium.

But I'm of a completely different opinion than all the rest here at the forum I guess:

here is my list of the first three:

1. Future world (That was one of the first cd:s I ever bought back in 87, It is a mega-classic IMO, no weak track except the last song. Yellow rain is just amazing and one of their best)

2. Red, Hot and Heavy (Back to back is on that album and that says it all. Was blown away when I first heard Back to back and night danger on the radio back in the eighties.)

3. Sin Decade.

I must add that i Really love the more powerful side of Pretty maids. Saw them in mid december again and it was great as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty_Maids_Motherland_2013x.jpg

01. Mother Of All Lies

02. To Fool A Nation

03. Confession

04. The Iceman

05. Sad To See You Suffer

06. Hooligan

07. Infinity

08. Why So Serious

09. Motherland

10. I See Ghosts

11. Bullet For You

12. Who What Where When Why

13. Wasted

Any commercial melodic rockers on this one?!

I haven't been able to have 'Lethal Heroes / Jump The Gun' disc, wonder if anyone's here has double and want to sell it for a decent price? looks like can't find anything on ebay too and Amazon is way too expensive

All of them basically

You serious? Wowser, that makes me heavily erect.

Well it sounds very much like Pandemonium

Sounds good to me then.

Actually trying NOT to listen to the samples of this one, as I'll purchase the day it's released, and I want to be at least semi-surprised by its awesomeness! :P

Couldn't resist watching the Mother of All Lies video when it came out; kicks all kinds of ass. :banger:

I've listened to the new video and it's pretty awesome but I will try to avoid the rest of the samples so when it comes out I can hear it for the first time all at once minus the video. I'm sure it will be great.

Is Pretty Maids now metal? I notice this is in the Metal forum but I guess I'd consider them Hard Rock but I guess they do have some Metal tendencies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...