It's finally here...I started my own website!

Mullethead

Hey guys, it's in its infancy stages, very early on but I got it up and running. It will focus on keeping the music we love alive (much like HH does) but it will have collection information, rare items listed with pics & product info, mostly consisting of Japan pressings (there are many & collectors can agree I'm sure that they are always being incorrectly listed as 1st pressings when they may not be). I have only begun to set up the pages but the links that are on there are working.

I want to emphasize that I barely know what I am doing and would appreciate any info. Is there anything about it that bugs you? What are some things you wish were on a music website that you can't find?

I plan on adding a forum but again, it will consist mostly about Japan cd collectors (nerds) although I would not discount any topic.

I am in no way trying to replace HH (that would be a joke), but I do want there to be an outlet that is just a little different. I could never afford what Dan has to do to keep this site up & running (God bless Dan) but I will have actual front, back & cd pictures to go along with a small bit of info. It will be more of a reference site more than anything. I will not be posting music news or anything of that sort.

I don't know where it will all lead but it will take time to build and I am happy as a puppy with two peckers to have something I can do that involves my first love...music.

Thanks for looking guys & I always appreciate the feedback, good & bad.

Please welcome, the small but hopefully cool some day (drum roll)

www.throwinthehorns.com

Thanks for visiting \m/

Jarred

So it sucks ass?

Pretty much. I mean, err... *cough cough*

Nah, I haven't even given it a look, yet.

At least you're honest lol. I have a LONG way to go but very excited.

It's OK except for the cd list. The list is very heavy on the eye, too compact and maybe the wrong background colour as well. Some more spaces and some playing around with fonting in between would do wonders...

Okey dokey, let me see what I can do!

Mate - site looks good, obviously you've got some tweaking to do with layout, etc, but nice work. I'm not techy, so it looks about approximately 10 million times better than anything I could do. Only thing is, as you say yourself on the 'about' page, it's not clear yet what the point of it is ...

Looking forward to seeing the site develop.

It's OK except for the cd list. The list is very heavy on the eye, too compact and maybe the wrong background colour as well. Some more spaces and some playing around with fonting in between would do wonders...

Really dig the site man, but the all CAPS on the CD list, combined with the small font make it brutal on the eyes.

Also, this background pic that you're using on some of the pages:

th-2.jpeg

while cool as hell on its own, makes the background really "busy" and hard to enjoy the main content.

For example, I think your rare CD page would benefit from dropping the background pic, and going with the standard grey background you use on your main page. Just my opinion; would be interested in what others think.

But again, diggin' the site, and as far as content, you're definitely rockin' in the right direction! :banger:

Mike

Really dig the site man, but the all CAPS on the CD list, combined with the small font make it brutal on the eyes.

th-2.jpeg

while cool as hell on its own, makes the background really "busy" and hard to enjoy the main content.

For example, I think your rare CD page would benefit from dropping the background pic, and going with the standard grey background you use on your main page. Just my opinion; would be interested in what others think.

But again, diggin' the site, and as far as content, you're definitely rockin' in the right direction! :banger:

Mike

Mike, I appreciate the comments and will adjust it. I agree with all you said. I am trying like hell to get my collection uploaded. Also, a blog, forum and buy N sell page coming as well.

It's been a lot of fun for me. Thanks again for the feedback!

JL

th-2.jpeg

Mike

Mike, I appreciate the comments and will adjust it. I agree with all you said. I am trying like hell to get my collection uploaded. Also, a blog, forum and buy N sell page coming as well.

JL

Fully agree to the things above and that's an awesome background!

The 'busy' background colours could be dimmed a bit (like the background on Dan's main site), it really draws your attention away from the things that matters, the cd pictures.

But hey, who the hell am I to give you advice Jarred. I couldn't do the things you do even if my life depended on it. I wish I could... :(

I really suck when it comes to computer stuff.

Anyway, great website. Keep it up!

th-2.jpeg

Mike

JL

Fully agree to the things above and that's an awesome background!

The 'busy' background colours could be dimmed a bit (like the background on Dan's main site), it really draws your attention away from the things that matters, the cd pictures.

But hey, who the hell am I to give you advice Jarred. I couldn't do the things you do even if my life depended on it. I wish I could... :(

I really suck when it comes to computer stuff.

Anyway, great website. Keep it up!

So do I, that's why I am asking lol! I'm learning as I go. I have plans for it to really be something cool but uploading the collection is taking for fuckin ever! :(

Updated 01/21/2013

-Background image had been dimmed down & faded out so as to not blind you. More focus is now on the product but in line with keeping the cool ass background.

-More Titles have been added over the last two days, around 30 or so with many more to come.

-A Sell & trade tab has been added with detailed pics of the front, back & cd. The more obscure, nicer items also have a full song for each album located on the picture of the cd. I still have to rip a few of them but several already have them. There is also a sale list at the bottom of the page.

-Got rid of the cheesy looking letters on the band pages.

Coming soon:

-Featured artist complete with audio clip & review

-Rare track of the week audio clip

-Japan Bonus track of the week

Very cool stuff coming, a little bit at a time. I hope the changes made help out. More feedback is welcomed as well!

Thanks for the input & I hope you keep checking it out!

JL

• 2 weeks later...

I love it! Love the concept & content so far. Though I have 2 suggestions... The toolbar or whatever you call that at the top of the main page - I think the print should be a little larger & in a brighter color so as to make clicking a page to where you wanna go easier. Also I like what you're doing with the rare cd pics but in my mind it would make more sense to have the info for each cd above its pic & not below it. It would seem more natural for me. As I scrolled down the page I got confused about which cd I was reading about.

Just my .02

Either way I really like it. You should be proud :)