James Gebbia/staryder... Where is he?

Last I heard he was preparing to sell off his collection... but that was quite a while ago.

James still pops in here every now and then. I haven't seen a post... but he sneaks in to read the posts every now and then.

I got a call from him a few months ago I think but missed the call and when I called back I didn't get an answer. I think it was in the last few months but then again it might have been much longer than that. I hope he's okay.

I still call or get called by James every week and although the economy and such was very unkind to him, the man has had a really tough go the past few years, he is getting his feet back under him (he actually has 2 fairly decent jobs currently) and is bouncing back.

James did, unfortunately, sell his collection and believe me he still talks about cd's and what he had, but he just couldn't keep it.

James is a great guy and I'm quite happy to call him friend and wish him the best always!

Take a minute and PM him as Dave said, he does pop in from time to time...

I still call or get called by James every week and although the economy and such was very unkind to him, the man has had a really tough go the past few years, he is getting his feet back under him (he actually has 2 fairly decent jobs currently) and is bouncing back.

James did, unfortunately, sell his collection and believe me he still talks about cd's and what he had, but he just couldn't keep it.

James is a great guy and I'm quite happy to call him friend and wish him the best always!

Take a minute and PM him as Dave said, he does pop in from time to time...

I'm glad to hear that he has some good job's. I know the guy has had some tough times and bad break's. Like Terry has stated James is a GREAT GUY! I too am proud to call him FRIEND! :guitar:

Had an awesome chat with him on the phone tonight. Just like old times. Still loves to talk music and CDs, even though he assured me his collecting days are over. :(

Remains a Hall of Fame CD collector, as far as I'm concerned.

• My Little Pony

Had an awesome chat with him on the phone tonight. Just like old times. Still loves to talk music and CDs, even though he assured me his collecting days are over. :(

Remains a Hall of Fame CD collector, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, what was left for him to collect, anyway?

Pretty sure he owned about 5-10% of my collection before he stopped collecting. Takes ALOT to come up with a package with a $10+ media mail postage stamp on it! ha!

Yeah - good guy. He called me a couple of months ago and sounded like things were starting to turn around. That was the first 30 seconds of the conversation. The next half hour was all about the metal.

I got a call from him a few weeks ago. True, the economy was not good to James, but he seems to be turning his life around. He has(or had) sold most of his collection. He still knows his shit on Indie Hard Rock titles.

He is the King, when it comes to collecting... :respect: