Hardcore Superstar - One More Minute

darin

My fav HS song is still probably 'Sorry For The Shape I'm In'

Such a killer track.

Yeah, that was always my fave. But just listening to all 4 in a row the other day, 'Guest list' really got me. Such a killer hard rock song. The thing about 'Sorry for the shame I'm in' is that the chorus is perfect flawlessness, but the verses aren't perfect. 'Guest list' is just all 'round awesome. Apples and pears, though... both are killer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is catchy as hell, great tune. I think their last couple of albums have too many fillers on them, "No Regrets" is still their finest hour imo.

Fillers?

Wow.

Barely a filler on any of their last 4 albums imo.

There is no filler whatsoever on Split Your Lip.

Agree, Split Your Lip excellent beginning to end.

Backed!

Such a killer track.

Yeah, that was always my fave. But just listening to all 4 in a row the other day, 'Guest list' really got me. Such a killer hard rock song. The thing about 'Sorry for the shame I'm in' is that the chorus is perfect flawlessness, but the verses aren't perfect. 'Guest list' is just all 'round awesome. Apples and pears, though... both are killer.

In fairness there are at least 12 songs across those 4 albums which are virtually impossible to separate - all would be a 10 or damned close.

Such a killer band and AWESOME live (unlike a few others I could mention - Crazy Lixx cough cough)

Such a killer track.

In fairness there are at least 12 songs across those 4 albums which are virtually impossible to separate - all would be a 10 or damned close.

Such a killer band and AWESOME live (unlike a few others I could mention - Crazy Lixx cough cough)

I don't get the negativity towards Crazy Lixx 'live' at all! I've seen them in fall 2009 and they were superb and I'm going to see them again in January. I've seen HCS in 2006 and they were excellent as well.

The only Swedish band which disappointed me live was Bai Bang...

Such a killer track.

I don't get the negativity towards Crazy Lixx 'live' at all! I've seen them in fall 2009 and they were superb and I'm going to see them again in January. I've seen HCS in 2006 and they were excellent as well.

The only Swedish band which disappointed me live was Bai Bang...

Yeah I must admit that they werent blessed with the greatest sound. But the vocalist was a bit disappointing - not awful, but not as good as I was expecting. They also seemed very disjointed, and a bit dare I say dis interested!

Put it this way, Fatal Smile absolutely wiped the floor with them in terms of putting on a show. Personally I prefer CL songs on disc, but live FS are miles better. Killer in fact.

• 5 weeks later...

I loved loved loved their Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada album but every album after that lost something for me.

So, to summarise, you loved them when they sucked and hated them when they actually became a good band? Cool. Different, but cool. ;)

I loved loved loved their Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada album but every album after that lost something for me.

So, to summarise, you loved them when they sucked and hated them when they actually became a good band? Cool. Different, but cool. ;)

Thats your way of looking at it. :)

What was wrong with Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada? There are some good fast paced, memorable songs on there.

What was wrong with Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada? There are some good fast paced, memorable songs on there.

Honestly mate, this album, 'Thank you' and 'No regrets' are the reasons why I was probably about 5 years behind everyone else in actually liking the s/t disc.

Like you, I actually followed this band from the start when the "nu-breed" craze hit around 2000. I thought these guys were pretty decent compared to their peers in the early stages, but then bands like SR-71, Marvelous 3, Cauterize and The Donots (for example), who were their peers at the time, were all making - in my opinion - classic CDs, and these guys were producing, comparatively, two bit pieces of shit. And this is where I lost interest in bands like this and Buckcherry, because they just didn't cut it.

Then suddenly in 2005 everyone's raving about Hardcore Superstar and I'm all like, but that band suck. By that time I think they were the boy who cried wolf to me, and I'm not sure when I actually even gave the s/t album a fair go, as I was so down on the band. I think it wasn't until they released 'Dreamin' in a casket' that I took notice again and actually went back to the s/t disc and said yeah, these guys actually came good. And by then bands like Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx were their peers, and their change in style was no doubt the best thing they ever did.

Honestly mate, this album, 'Thank you' and 'No regrets' are the reasons why I was probably about 5 years behind everyone else in actually liking the s/t disc.

Like you, I actually followed this band from the start when the "nu-breed" craze hit around 2000. I thought these guys were pretty decent compared to their peers in the early stages, but then bands like SR-71, Marvelous 3, Cauterize and The Donots (for example), who were their peers at the time, were all making - in my opinion - classic CDs, and these guys were producing, comparatively, two bit pieces of shit. And this is where I lost interest in bands like this and Buckcherry, because they just didn't cut it.

Then suddenly in 2005 everyone's raving about Hardcore Superstar and I'm all like, but that band suck. By that time I think they were the boy who cried wolf to me, and I'm not sure when I actually even gave the s/t album a fair go, as I was so down on the band. I think it wasn't until they released 'Dreamin' in a casket' that I took notice again and actually went back to the s/t disc and said yeah, these guys actually came good. And by then bands like Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx were their peers, and their change in style was no doubt the best thing they ever did.

Makes a lot lot of sense.

I saw Backyard Babies as their rivals. Many of my friends were into BB whilst I favoured Hardcore Superstar.

• 4 weeks later...