Crashdiet - The Savage Playground

Stefan

Finally got this disc to sound good - set up my old demon amp with arcam cd and big Senn cans.

Hearing the detail now - sounds pretty damned good actually.

The beginning of Excited sounds great!! & Snakes.

This disc is still firmly in my top 10.

I've bought 3 discs so far this year, so it's in my top 10 as well :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got this disc to sound good - set up my old demon amp with arcam cd and big Senn cans.

Ha ha yeah I haven't bought that many but I've heard loads on Spotify.

I'm not even sure if I've bought 10 to be honest?? 7 or 8 maybe.

Ha ha yeah I haven't bought that many but I've heard loads on Spotify.

I'm not even sure if I've bought 10 to be honest?? 7 or 8 maybe.

By the way that should read Denon above lol. Lots of typos today!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They have a collection of demos available for download in their shop. It includes 9 demos of songs which didn't make it onto Generation Wild and The Savage Playground plus the demo version of 'Change the World'. There are some great tracks on offer, so I'd recommend it to every Crashdiet fan on here, although it is quite pricey.

They have a collection of demos available for download in their shop. It includes 9 demos of songs which didn't make it onto Generation Wild and The Savage Playground plus the demo version of 'Change the World'. There are some great tracks on offer, so I'd recommend it to every Crashdiet fan on here, although it is quite pricey.

Wait, judging from the sound quality, I thought "The Savage Playground" WAS a collection of demos... :whistle:

Seriously, I was all over this. Ran to their site and prepared to get some "new" Crashdiet tunes. Then I saw the price. I"ll be damned if I'm spending $30 for a download of some demos.

Wait, judging from the sound quality, I thought "The Savage Playground" WAS a collection of demos... :whistle:

Seriously, I was all over this. Ran to their site and prepared to get some "new" Crashdiet tunes. Then I saw the price. I"ll be damned if I'm spending $30 for a download of some demos.

Yeah, I was lucky, that I had a 25% off coupon, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it neither.

Irony aside, I actually think some of these demos sound better than 'The Savage Playground', especially the demo for 'Change the World' :whistle:

Yeah, I was lucky, that I had a 25% off coupon, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it neither.

Irony aside, I actually think some of these demos sound better than 'The Savage Playground', especially the demo for 'Change the World' :whistle:

Yeah, I've got older demos from Crashdiet and there's no doubt that plenty of them sound a lot better than 'Savage Playground.' I have no doubt any demo from the 'Generation Wild' sessions would sound far superior too.

I gotta admit, I've barely played this at all since the start of the year, and I don't miss it at all. Never thought I'd say or think that about Crashdiet, but when you release something that sounds like 'Savage Playground' you have to expect a backlash of sorts. Disgraceful sound quality.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I've got older demos from Crashdiet and there's no doubt that plenty of them sound a lot better than 'Savage Playground.' I have no doubt any demo from the 'Generation Wild' sessions would sound far superior too.

I gotta admit, I've barely played this at all since the start of the year, and I don't miss it at all. Never thought I'd say or think that about Crashdiet, but when you release something that sounds like 'Savage Playground' you have to expect a backlash of sorts. Disgraceful sound quality.

Word.

• 4 years later...
19 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Did anyone ever hear this bonus track from the Savage Playground?

pretty average tune really and of course demo quality like the rest of SP. :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 11:50 AM, Glen said:

pretty average tune really and of course demo quality like the rest of SP. :(

Revisiting this disc. Better than I remembered with still atrocious production.

• My Little Pony
22 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Revisiting this disc. Better than I remembered with still atrocious production.

That was my impression when I revisited it a few years ago. Once the dust had settled I realised the songs were, for the most part, fairly strong. The production was still shit, though.