Something else to keep me busy .....

manicego

My new venture:

COMING SOON TO A DIGITAL DEVICE AND COMPUTER NEAR YOU:

HEAVY METAL TELEVISION

(18 Oct. 2012 - Phoenix, AZ) Heavy Metal Television is finally here. With television, the internet and phone service all now intertwined, we can use the available technology to create an all Heavy Metal T.V. station .

A live television station, streaming worldwide 24 hours a day in hi-def video and hi-fi audio, Heavy Metal Television brings the classic MTV format back to life with favourites such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden as well as newer bands like Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown. Newer technologies are emerging everyday ( i.e.., Roku, Hulu, Vimeo, etc.) to more easily and quickly stream video thru your flat screen TV.. The technology is so new, internet television station licenses are not even available ... yet.

The format will simply play conceptual videos presented by talented young V.J.'s with short segments of rock news and interviews sprinkled throughout with Heavy Metal promos of all kinds driving the content. Concerts will be shown Saturday nights. Specialty programing is being developed.

Sponsors will enjoy banner ads, 10-15 second motion graphic commercials (produced by us and approved by the label and management) and specially tailored to our sponsors promotions and giveaways. The sponsors can also use the graphics and content we develop for them for use on their own sites or promos as well. All with any kind of internet connection.

No need for satellite TV anymore. Heavy Metal Television is a new and unique way to break a new band or promote a product to the most dedicated fan base any where in music, anywhere in the world: Hard Rock and Heavy Metal fans.

On November 15, 2012 be sure to point your browser to www.heavymetaltelevision.com.

Thanks guys. In the beginning I thought it was a pretty outlandish idea because of all the logistics, potential production disasters, etc, etc, etc but I'll be damned if we didn't get the money we need to make it happen .... If we pull this off it'll be amazing and if not, welp, we tried.

But I do think we're pulling it off :)

Sounds cool, man. Count me in... as long as Eddie Trunk is kept far, far away. :D

Sounds cool, man. Count me in... as long as Eddie Trunk is kept far, far away. :D

Not much of a fan?

Let's just say I'd like to "Stump the Trunk" with a baseball bat.

• My Little Pony

Not much of a fan?

Let's just say I'd like to "Stump the Trunk" with a baseball bat.

For a minute I was beginning to think I was the only one.

• 4 weeks later...

ANNNNNND here goes nothin'

YOU NEED YOUR HEAVY METAL TELEVISION

(14 November 2012 - Phoenix, AZ) Prepare to call your local internet and cell phone provider to demand more bandwidth because in less than 24 hours, the internet's first ever live streaming television network will be commanding your attention.. And, it's a heavy metal television network.

From Lamb of God to Motley Crue and from Behemoth to Shinedown, Heavy Metal Television will bring both current and classic hard rock and heavy metal videos to your desktop, laptop or net ready flatscreen TV. Presented by young, talented V.J's across the planet, no matter what your taste in hard music might lean toward, give the station a span of five videos and you'll find a band that you love.

The site is 100% free, with no login necessary, no passwords to remember, no registration, subscription. None of that - you just point your browser to http://www.heavymetaltelevision.com/ and start watching. It's really as simple as that. Why complicate matters, right? And this metal show runs 24/7/365 with International Heavy Metal Week celebrated 52 weeks out of the year.

The music runs virtually nonstop with V.J. interludes and limited minute long commercial breaks consisting of four or five 20 second music related ad clips. Saturday nights (PST) will feature a live concert and specialty programming is also being developed.

Heavy Metal Television has eclipsed Google, Apple and Microsoft in terms of getting a live television station running on the web. And they're pissed. Why? Because Pantera and Iron Maiden fans are beating them at their own game, ruling the World Wide Web with the first 24 hour streaming television network, station or channel on Earth forever free.

As Wednesday rolls into Thursday at midnight PST make sure you're tuned in to http://www.heavymetaltelevision.com/ - a revolution is calling.

###

• My Little Pony

I'm excited! This ain't nothing. This is a huge undertaking. I'm impressed, and I hope this is very successful for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q

Hey Dave,

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism and/or suggestions...

I'm loving it, BUT...

The Flash delivery mechanism is a killer. For more widespread adoption you'll need to also make an HTML5 or other non-Flash delivery method available. For example, I cannot play this on my iPad. I cannot play this on my Android phone (Adobe Flash is no longer supported in Android OS).

While their are hacks/roots/workarounds that I could do to enable Flash, I think that as a content provider you have to be aware that the vast majority of users aren't "techies"... if it doesn't work out of the box, they won't even try.

I'm not suggesting abandoning Flash, but rather using User Agent detection, and if the browser detected is Android or Mac/iPhone/iPad, to redirect them to a non-Flash player version.

I'm out of town this weekend, but my first test when I get home will to see how this works using the built-in browser on the PlayStation 3 (which does support Flash) and displayed on a 70" television screen. Hopefully it won't be too bit-starved.

If this works, I could easily see this becoming my background A/V experience while I'm working... the rebirth of Headbanger's Ball. :)

Thanks guys - and Dan, yeah, the tech guys are working on all that. For instance, some days, it will work on certain phnes, then the next day it won't. The phones that they didn't work on in the beginning now work fine ... and so on and so forth with all the different devices. These guys are dealing with Livestream, Google, Microsoft and Apple every day (and, from what I understand, even teaching those people new things) and things will get better for all of the devices as time goes on.

Of course, I have less tech knowledge than a blade of grass so I just hold my head and cry when anyone tries to explain anything to me.

But, I guess we DO have our first "fanboy" -

• My Little Pony

Some more constructive criticism:

Are you guys planning to stream in higher resolution? The sound quality is great, but it's a little pixelated when I blow it up on my TV.

Can you guys make "full screen" actually full screen?

Also, when I click "full screen" there's a white bar at the bottom, that only serves as a home for a Play/Pause button and and sound bar, that doesn't disappear. It would be nice if it popped up when you scroll to the bottom. I'm streaming it to my Plasma TV, and I can't let it play too long, or it'll burn a strip at the bottom of my screen.

I realize this is still real fresh, and I'm sure you guys will continue to work out the kinks. These are just some issues I noticed right away. I'm excited to see where this may lead. I've got it bookmarked.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as of this evening I am watching HMTV fullscreen on a 70-inch set with no issues/problems. :git::party421::beerbang:

After fighting with Flash on the PS3 and not wanting to devote my good laptop to this duty, I set about finding an inexpensive HTPC with HDMI out.

That's actually harder than it sounds. Just about anything cheap is going to either be an anemic Intel Atom processor or old enough that it won't have built-in HDMI (I route everything through my receiver and HDMI is the easiest way to consolidate audio and video).

I ultimately settled on this one at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883103455

Keep an eye out for Open box items in their outlet center. I picked it up for $289, almost $100 off.

Small form factor. Intel i3, 2GB RAM (8GB max), 500GB HDD (7200RPM), 11 USB ports, and built-in HDMI output.

Once I debloated it and optimzed it a bit, it's running just fine.

I added the following from the local Wal-Mart for $29 to be able to control it from across the room and not mess with separate keyboard and mouse:

http://www.amazon.co...yboard trackpad

Makes controlling the system a breeze.

At 70" the video is fairly pixelated. The audio sounds good though.

Next step for HMTV: 720p or 1080p streaming. :lol: