Whats your fav tubes disc

Fav Tubes Disc  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there are 3 of us Tubes fans on here, I think alot of people see their name, and pass them off, probably as some new wave band, but fact is, they are one of the most musically talented, loony, outrageous, and theatrical groups to ever record, or perform, I wish I had been old enough to catch some of their early concerts, with Mondo Bondage, and Strung Out On Strings, their 80's run was one of almost perfection if you are a fan of AOR, as Steve Lukather jumped on bored and they pumped out 3 very good AOR discs, if you don't know them, start with Completion backwards, im going to go with Outside Inside as my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a couple of songs from them. "Shes a Beauty and Talk to you later". Both excellent examples of early 80's rock. I did have an older friend who had seen them quite a few times. He said said their concerts were purely outrageous. Like one big wild party from beginning to end.

• 2 months later...
  • My Little Pony

I read it as "What's your favourite Tubes aka Tool" and thought, really, Cody? You love Tool? But, as per usual, I was wrong. But I'm very interested to hear some of Tubes, and possibly see some live footage. Do you lot know if any exists?

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few of my fav Tubes songs from their AOR 80's run, I will look for some early footage, problem is, they were so all over the place musically in the 70's that I don't know there is really much of fan base among you guys?

Heres a lovely little jewel singing about nothing other then eating a chick out! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9mCA1he1zM

Talk To Ya Later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rEVVAw3-0

Piece By Piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7RYyMwQukg

Okay heres one I found, and they were even more nuts then this in the early 70's Fee used to wear a gigantic strap on dildo while dressed in a baby diaper onto stage, this is from 1979 and it's live Stand Up And Shout\White Punks On Dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEswV5TBWYk

• 2 months later...

Hey--maybe one of you will know---any way to get our hands on the sntrk tune from "Modern Problems" (movie with Chevy Chase) by the Tubes?

Seems to have disappeared into oblivion and it was a rockin' 80's track...crying shame...

Ive never heard of it's existence on digital format, I have a Vinyl rip of it, if your interested in obtaining it, but as far as I know, Ive never seen that song come up on any digital release, and Ive stayed on top of Tubes releases, of course, I am not assuring you this, Jez might know something I do not, but I do not believe its ever happened, perhaps we can organize a small letter writing campaign to push for it's release?? just a thought, it's a terribly killer tune.

I heard a rumor one time that it appeared on ONE little known 'best of' Tubes disc. I think it was 'Gold' in the title or something? it's long outta print of course.

But maybe that is a starting point! If i remember correctly, it is not even on the Modern Problems sntrk!? But it is the most memorable tune in the dang movie.

I heard a rumor one time that it appeared on ONE little known 'best of' Tubes disc. I think it was 'Gold' in the title or something? it's long outta print of course.

But maybe that is a starting point! If i remember correctly, it is not even on the Modern Problems sntrk!? But it is the most memorable tune in the dang movie.

FUCK! even the tubes don't know the answer to this question, I direct you to there website, where this is axed on there FAQ, and they respond,

• Is the song "Gonna Get It Next Time" available on CD? [top]

• We've heard that it's on the "Premium Gold" compilation CD, but we haven't been able to get a copy of the CD to verify.

<a href="http://www.thetubes.com/faq.htm#1.2">http://www.thetubes.com/faq.htm#1.2

Well Well Looks like i was wrong, it seems Gonna Get It Next Time has been issued on disc, on the Completion Backwards Principle Remastered Reissue, I havent ordered this, so I cant confirm it, but it seems pretty valid.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LSJCLU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=thetubescom&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B004LSJCLU&adid=15FDWRBXYXCCK4DR15YV&

Sweet! A fitting home for that track, methinks. Thanks for digging up the info! I'll have to order that edition of the cd now:

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! January 3, 2013

By Chris Tarver

Format:Audio CD|Amazon Verified Purchase

Great album by the Tubes but so much better now that they have released the extra track "Gonna get it next time" from the Modern Problems soundtrack! Love it!!!

Sweet! A fitting home for that track, methinks. Thanks for digging up the info! I'll have to order that edition of the cd now:

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! January 3, 2013

By Chris Tarver

Format:Audio CD|Amazon Verified Purchase

Great album by the Tubes but so much better now that they have released the extra track "Gonna get it next time" from the Modern Problems soundtrack! Love it!!!

Hey did you order this yet? let me know when you get it, how long it takes, if that track is remastered as well, I noticed sometimes they remaster the actual album, then throw bonus tracks on it, but the bonus tracks don't get remastered, so give me the low down, cause if everything is on the up and up, Im going to get it this time! I just don't see how the release of that track went so under the radar, just feels like theres more to it, but like I am often, I could be wrong.

BTW, Outside Inside remastered and reissued with 4 bonus cuts, and April 30th Remote Control Remastered and Reissued with 4 bonus cuts, and check it out, the bonus tracks that will be on Remote Control, are 4 of the songs off the shelved and basically unheard 3rd A&M album supposed to be released after Outside Inside called Suffer For Sound, now that people is some shit I have been trying to find or at least hear as long as ive been alive, Lukather tried taking the rights and releasing it under Toto's moniker, but A&M would not relinquish the rights to it, which makes me wonder how they managed to get the 4 songs they did to release as bonus tracks, maybe they will finally release the entire album now?? fuck I can only hope.

The Tubes...holy shit, I have nothing from these guys...I do know they do the song on Modern Problems when the credits roll.

Thats the song were talking about, going to get it next time.

Love the guitar solo in Talk To Ya Later... :git::party421:

Not certain but I thought that was Lukathers solo?

Yeah Luke co wrote and played the solo on 'Talk..' fab tune.

My faves are 'Remote Control' ,'The Completion Backward Principle' and 'Outside Inside'..3 major albums. I bought the 2 remastered versions of 'TCBP' and 'Outside Inside' last year and they are excellent remasters with the added bonus of the extra tracks. Still waiting on the expanded 'Remote Control' as far as I know. I do have the Lemon Recs. version of that one though, plus the 'Now/ Young And Rich' 2 fer plus the originals of the others in the discography. Fantastic, hugely underrated band.

Yeah Luke co wrote and played the solo on 'Talk..' fab tune.

My faves are 'Remote Control' ,'The Completion Backward Principle' and 'Outside Inside'..3 major albums. I bought the 2 remastered versions of 'TCBP' and 'Outside Inside' last year and they are excellent remasters with the added bonus of the extra tracks. Still waiting on the expanded 'Remote Control' as far as I know. I do have the Lemon Recs. version of that one though, plus the 'Now/ Young And Rich' 2 fer plus the originals of the others in the discography. Fantastic, hugely underrated band.

So you know Remote Control is going to be issued on the 30th I believe, or whatever I posted above, and Jez, the 4 bonus tracks are 4 songs off their unreleased Suffer For Sound album that A&M hated so bad that they not only shelved it, but dropped the band off their label, LOL, few people have ever even heard about that album, and a quarter of the few people have ever heard any of it's content, Lukather co wrote a majority of it, either Foster, or Rundgren produced it, if your interested to hear it, check it out for yourself, A&M hated it cause it was clearly the new 80's Tubes, it is clearly the lost link and fits perfectly into TCBP, Outside Inside, and Love Bomb era of the Tubes, and for you that are wondering as I was, it is the album that Modern Problems was on, that is why you never heard it, about it, could find it, misc, because it was on an album that A&M owned, hated, and buried, now it makes complete sense, Jez check out the link im posting, and anybody else interested in hearing the long lost Tubes album Suffer For Sound, check it out for yourself, and be prepared to be absolutely upset, and disgusted, not only that we were robbed of such an awesome album, but that we still are being robbed of it, it's not like it's some album they ditched cause it sucked cock, No my fellow Tube fans, this album was ditched because it was not wild and zany, it was not Mondo Bondage, or White Punks On Dope, no this album was Talk To Ya Later, and No Not Again type music, but dont take my word for it, check it out for yourself, and be as fucking irate as I was after hearing what I was robbed of.

http://www.qpratools...hp?idalbum=8834

Love the guitar solo in Talk To Ya Later... :git::party421:

Not certain but I thought that was Lukathers solo?

Still a Great solo.

Just like the solo on Sammy Hagar's Love Or Money (By Neil Schon I believe).

It is a great solo, Mr.Lukather specializes in those!!

• 1 month later...

The new version of 'Remote Control' with the bonus tracks is out, so it should be here soon hopefully.

The new version of 'Remote Control' with the bonus tracks is out, so it should be here soon hopefully.

Yep, who did you order through? and how long ago? did you pre-order? or did you just wait for release then order?