THOUGHTS ON THE NEW TANGO DOWN CD?

KIVELRECORDS

Great album. Hearts catch fire is a fantastic. There is only one small downside of the album IMO. Reece is a great vocalist but he´s been everywhere the last couple of years and I start to get tired of him. I loved him on the Accept album Eat the heat and the first Bangaloir but nowadays my ears are fairly tired to hear him. ;)

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: My ears could never get tired of listening to David Reece.

Rick.....i really think you need a few more shocked eyes faces to really drive home your point. I think it falls short with only 3 ;-)

Great album. Hearts catch fire is a fantastic. There is only one small downside of the album IMO. Reece is a great vocalist but he´s been everywhere the last couple of years and I start to get tired of him. I loved him on the Accept album Eat the heat and the first Bangaloir but nowadays my ears are fairly tired to hear him. ;)

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: My ears could never get tired of listening to David Reece.

I'm not going to slate this album as everyone is really enthusiastic about it, but I really dislike Reece's voice, so will give this one a miss. It's just personal taste and most people love it, which is great. Just not for me. :anon:

I'm not going to slate this album as everyone is really enthusiastic about it, but I really dislike Reece's voice, so will give this one a miss. It's just personal taste and most people love it, which is great. Just not for me. :anon:

:soapbox::wtf::screwy:

Just kidding!!! lol. I respect your opinion and personal taste. I also applaud how you respectivley you presented your view. So for that i thank you. Hope maybe in time the CD will grow on you. Thanks for the HONEST feedback

I agree, as long as it is quality stuff!

REALLY!?

REALLY!?

Yes. I'm sure the songs are really good, but I just don't like his voice. At all. It put me off Bangalore Choir and has put me off other albums as well. I can't help it, that's just the way it is. But most hard rock fans seem to love his vocals, so it really doesn't matter what I think!

REALLY!?

Yes. I'm sure the songs are really good, but I just don't like his voice. At all. It put me off Bangalore Choir and has put me off other albums as well. I can't help it, that's just the way it is. But most hard rock fans seem to love his vocals, so it really doesn't matter what I think!

It does matter what you think. There are several popular bands out there that have lead singers with a voice I don't really care for as well. :)

Only had the pleasure of listening to 3 of the tunes so far and I gotta say I'm darn impressed. After the brilliance that was Reece Kronlund I didn't expect David to be involved in anything quite that cool again straight up, but after another hot Bangalore Choir release this year here we have another gem in Tango Down's Identity Crisis.

Not

Hoping the moderators note my first attempt at posting jumped the gun, wasn't yet finished but it went presto into net land!?

Anyway like I said, wasn't expecting another cracking release from David anytime soon after the exceptional Reece Kronlund but after another cool Bangalore Choir release here we are again with a gem, the new Tango Down - Identity Crisis. Only had the pleasure to have 3 tunes so far (now waiting to purchase the CD proper so hate too many spoilers before owning) and boy oh boy am I impressed. Corners Of My Mind initially came over a tad too AOR strong for my usual tastes but darn catchy chorus, great guitar sound some trickery and whatnot and of course that voice takes it to another level. To my ears Hagar and Reece are all THE summertime cruising voices anyone should need and here yet again David reminds us why he needed return to the MR scene.

Suffice to say I am very much looking forward to getting the CD in hand and giving this one a fair crack! Based on just a few tunes heard it's a real well done from me ;)

Only had the pleasure of listening to 3 of the tunes so far and I gotta say I'm darn impressed. After the brilliance that was Reece Kronlund I didn't expect David to be involved in anything quite that cool again straight up, but after another hot Bangalore Choir release this year here we have another gem in Tango Down's Identity Crisis.

Not

It's funny, it looks like you say some nice things about the cd, and then pull a Wayne's world.

• My Little Pony

Not

It's funny, it looks like you say some nice things about the cd, and then pull a Wayne's world.

Heh! I thought the same thing. Then read his second post.

I have to say that I agree with you, Ali ... I still love the first Bangalore Choir album (I just didn't 'get' what he did with Accept), and there's part of me that wants to enjoy this album as much as other posters seem to (after all, previous Tango Down offerings have had me rocking like a bastard), but I'm having trouble getting past the 'voice for hire' aspect of it all ...

Not

LOL There's a blast from the past... Wayne's World indeed.

Agree also that first Bangalore Choir was a monster in fact unlike many MR records from that later period the tunes have stood the test of time real well. The followups were solid but not quite the quality of On Target but I gotta say that last years Reece Kronlund's SOLID was IMO the closest yet David has gotten yet to equalling it. Certainly the best from Reece since his return with (the overlooked) Gypsy Rose - Another World, for my ears SOLID was close to modern MR perfection. Although I admit to being a tad bias as I've always loved the guys voice regardless.

David has signed on with Powerworld, a heavier affair than of late. I was always very partial to his Sircle Of Silence releases back in the 90's so quite keen to hear what's in store also with Powerworld.

Anyway back OT while I can't comment on the entire album yet, from what I've heard of Tango Down so far I will say this has real potential, yeah very much looking forward to getting the complete CD soon.

I have to say that I agree with you, Ali ... I still love the first Bangalore Choir album (I just didn't 'get' what he did with Accept), and there's part of me that wants to enjoy this album as much as other posters seem to (after all, previous Tango Down offerings have had me rocking like a bastard), but I'm having trouble getting past the 'voice for hire' aspect of it all ...

I don't get it.

Really enjoying this release,fantastic stuff,from the artwork,design and production point of view its nigh on perfect ,just the look of it lets you know that you're dealing with a great melodic hard rock cd just like those of the hey-days of the 80's to early 90's.

Fav tunes are definately "Corners of my mind","Hearts catch fire" and the utterly brilliant "Magic pudding" which is imho better than the Reece-Kronlund version from solid.

Still getting to grips with it all and sounding it out but it'll stay in my cd player for a long time yet :) Top Class

Thank you Lettard! Keep the comments and feedback coming. Curious what people have to say now , after having the CD for a few weeks and really digested it

John

9,9.5 for sure. Not a single bad song at all! Great production, and the packaging is great. In my top 5 of the year. I don't have the order down just yet, but it's there.

Listened to a few samples from the this one and have to agree that 'Hearts Catch Fire' sounds like a great song. 'Crying To Me' sounds interesting too. Ultimately, I won't buy the CD as I wouldn't enjoy an entire album of Reece's vocals. Plus there are some songs I really dislike, e.g. 'Blame'. However, a lot better than I first thought and I will be purchasing a few songs from iTunes forthwith. :tumbsup:

Absolutely fantastic record!!

The best review so far!!!