THOUGHTS ON THE NEW TANGO DOWN CD?

KIVELRECORDS

Hello All,

So, some of you here on the Heavy Harmonies board have received the new CD. So please let me hear your HONEST BRUTAL Thoughts. Be honest, i won't be ashamed if you make me cry . LOL

For the people, that havent heard it yet, or ordered it. You can hear some samples here - TANGO DOWN

I really everyone enjoys it as much as everyone involved worked hard making it.

Thank You

John

Really loving it. A very solid Melodic hard rock cd. 10 realy good songs, great production, good harmonizing back up vocals, and great guitars all around. I have only had it a few days but have spun it quite a bit, as of right now in my top 5-6 of the year. For me, I don't care to much for change and this kind of music is right up my alley. If you like bands like House Of Lords, Firehouse, Bangalore Choir you will really like this cd!

I don't like it.

'Cause I don't have it.

Give it to me.

Then I'll love it.

;)

Sorry!

It's excellent, well worth the wait that's for sure. Beats that turgid relase by Dokken hands down!

Oh for sure! Of course pretty much anything that has come out over the last year crushes the new Dokken (unfortunately :( )

Excellent release! Killer rockin' start with Crying To Me, cool Tyketto Forever Young sounding "Rif" on Enlighten Me, Hearts Catch Fire is awesome and then who could not like Back To Life? Plenty of good tunes in between. Calling Out is the only tune that I need to give some more chances. I actually like Magic Pudding on here whereas I didn't so much with the R/K version. The packaging is well done...someone mentioned the 2 songs out of order but aside from that, great detailed artwork, booklet has all the lyrics, writing credits, band member photo's, a hot chick with cleavage, a weapon, and candy....

Well worth the little extra time it took to put this together. Plus, when you consider the extras you got if you pre-ordered...I mean, what is NOT to like!?!?

:beerbang:

Excellent release! Killer rockin' start with Crying To Me, cool Tyketto Forever Young sounding "Rif" on Enlighten Me, Hearts Catch Fire is awesome and then who could not like Back To Life? Plenty of good tunes in between. Calling Out is the only tune that I need to give some more chances. I actually like Magic Pudding on here whereas I didn't so much with the R/K version. The packaging is well done...someone mentioned the 2 songs out of order but aside from that, great detailed artwork, booklet has all the lyrics, writing credits, band member photo's, a hot chick with cleavage, a weapon, and candy....

Well worth the little extra time it took to put this together. Plus, when you consider the extras you got if you pre-ordered...I mean, what is NOT to like!?!?

Hey Jeff

Wow....NICE mini review. Thank you!!! Glad you dig. I gotta say this may be the most universal well received release ever by Kivel Records. I have yet to get any emails or see ANY posts where people hated, didnt like it or just said it's "OK". Thats never happen before. Even some of my best releases had a few here and there shrugs from people. So thanks everyone!!! Keep the feedback coming!!!

JK

I think that Calling Out is one of the stronger tracks on the disc Jeff!! Only song that I would consider "weak" is Corners of My Mind but it's not a bad track and I don't skip it. This is a great melodic hard rock album! Nice work on the packaging too John! Well done Tango and Kivel!! :woot:

I think that Calling Out is one of the stronger tracks on the disc Jeff!! Only song that I would consider "weak" is Corners of My Mind but it's not a bad track and I don't skip it. This is a great melodic hard rock album! Nice work on the packaging too John! Well done Tango and Kivel!! :woot:

Its funny how opinions are i find "Corners" to be awesome. "Dream Child" is still my least fav.

Its funny how opinions are i find "Corners" to be awesome. "Dream Child" is still my least fav.

I think that Dream Child is the weakest, BUT still a good song!

Thanks Rocker!! I guess it's a good thing that when the weakest song (whichever it is) is still a strong song that people like!!! Glad to see this album is hitting the mark!!

Really glad everyone is enjoying it!!

I agree its a very good tune!

I agree its a very good tune!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

"Calling Out" is the tune that keeps growing on me. At first it was one of my least favs but now it's moving it's way up slowly. Great song! I know I had heard "Corners of My Mind" before but holy hell does David sing the shit out of this song or what......

"Calling Out" is the tune that keeps growing on me. At first it was one of my least favs but now it's moving it's way up slowly. Great song! I know I had heard "Corners of My Mind" before but holy hell does David sing the shit out of this song or what......

There really isn't a bad song on here!!!

Great album. Hearts catch fire is a fantastic. There is only one small downside of the album IMO. Reece is a great vocalist but he´s been everywhere the last couple of years and I start to get tired of him. I loved him on the Accept album Eat the heat and the first Bangaloir but nowadays my ears are fairly tired to hear him. ;)

:( ill let you know when mine arrives...had it preordered,still a no show atm :(

Hey Lettard

Im sorry to hear that yours is still in transist. I know that people in various parts of the UK are just receiving their copies as of the last two days. Even though they were mailed out between Sept 25th and Oct 2nd. Not sure why the turtle like speeds of the postal service. LOL. Rest assured it is on it's way to you. INBOX me and i will double check my customs forms to see what day exactly it shipped for you. Look foward to your thoughts. I promise it wil be worth the wait!!

JK

Great album. Hearts catch fire is a fantastic. There is only one small downside of the album IMO. Reece is a great vocalist but he´s been everywhere the last couple of years and I start to get tired of him. I loved him on the Accept album Eat the heat and the first Bangaloir but nowadays my ears are fairly tired to hear him. ;)

Hey Ali,

I respect your opinion, and have received emails similar to yours. With that said, they have also said that this CD has renewed interest in hearing him again, and turn them around from being tired of him. I hope that this CD has the same results for you.

Thank You

John

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: My ears could never get tired of listening to David Reece.