Anberlin - Vital

Stefan

Anberlin have a new album in the pipeline 'Vital', to be released Oct. 16.

Pretty decent stuff.

Tracklist:

Self-Starter

Little Tyrants

Other Side

Someone, Anyone

Intentions

Innocent

Desires

Type Three

Orpheum

Modern Age

God, Sex & Drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeOGrxZJnM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEbgUNenZo&feature=relmfu

Jeez I've been on the back foot for modern rock releases all year. Every time I check, a band I am genuinely a big fan of has released a new CD before I even knew they had one due. Perfect example here. This is great news.

'Someone anyone' is awesome - very much in the style of the best Anberlin of the past. 'Self-Starter' sounds a little muddled, but a good hook and could be a solid grower.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Wow, I really like those bonus tracks. Perhaps I should stop ignoring these guys. Can you find all those bonus tracks on one copy, or are they spread over various different special editions?

• My Little Pony

Alright, just did a quick Wikipedia search. It appears "Safe Here" is an Australian exclusive--F**K you Aussies--"Unstable" is from iTunes, and "Other Side" isn't a bonus track. It's just track 3. There is a Best Buy edition that has two different bonus tracks, "Said Too Much" and "No Love to Speak." So, yeah, they have apparently made the same move everyone seems to be making, and spread their bonus material over multiple editions. I hate that with a passion that burns like a thousand suns.

Alright, just did a quick Wikipedia search. It appears "Safe Here" is an Australian exclusive--F**K you Aussies--"Unstable" is from iTunes, and "Other Side" isn't a bonus track. It's just track 3. There is a Best Buy edition that has two different bonus tracks, "Said Too Much" and "No Love to Speak." So, yeah, they have apparently made the same move everyone seems to be making, and spread their bonus material over multiple editions. I hate that with a passion that burns like a thousand suns.

Alright, alright! I edited my previous post. Everybody happy? ;)

• My Little Pony

Alright, alright! I edited my previous post. Everybody happy? ;)

Well, I'm happy, but I don't feel comfortable speaking for everyone else.

Doods, I gotta say I love this album. I like all their albums, I have to admit, but I've seen comments suggesting this is their best CD since 'NTFP' and I might just have to agree with that. 'The Other Side' is one of the most brilliantly constructed songs of 2012.

I don't know what it is about these guys but there's just something about their songs that make them all sound worthwhile and purposeful. Odd, but there's just something great about this band. End of the day, I am very happy with the new album... very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

This song, doods. Man there's just something about this that works extremely well for me. One of my favourite songs of the entire year:

• 4 months later...

Late to the party but HOLY SHIT!! What an album. I have only been able to tolerate them in the past but this is awesome. And Geoff, I agree with you about "The Other Side". I can't get enough of it.

Late to the party but HOLY SHIT!! What an album. I have only been able to tolerate them in the past but this is awesome. And Geoff, I agree with you about "The Other Side". I can't get enough of it.

Yep, a dig the album, but I want to make babies with that song...

• 4 years later...

Wow, I really like those bonus tracks. Perhaps I should stop ignoring these guys. Can you find all those bonus tracks on one copy, or are they spread over various different special editions?

I got the deluxe version of 'Vital' called 'Devotion' the other day. How fucking good is this release?! (Sorry for swearing you Christian freaks ;))

This gotta be my favourite Anberlin release ever. 7 bonus tracks + remix cd and a dvd. Yum!

album_11159_cover_4.jpg

CD1 - Vital: Special Edition

1 Self Starter

2 Little Tyrants

3 Other Side

4 City Electric*

5 Someone Anyone

6 Unstable*

7 Intentions

8 Innocent

9 Dead American*

10 Desires

11 Said Too Much*

12 IJSW*

13 Type Three

14 No Love To Speak*

15 Orpheum

16 Safe Here*

17 Modern Age

18 God, Drugs & Sex

* = bonus tracks

CD2 - Vital: Remixed

1 Someone Anyone (Spacebrother Remix)

2 Desires (Spacebrother Remix)

3 God, Drugs & Sex (Resist Temptation Remix)

4 Innocent (Joseph Milligan Remix)

5 Intentions (Joseph Milligan Remix)

6 Little Tyrants (Joseph Milligan Remix)

7 Other Side (Celebrated Heroes Remix)

8 Self-Starter (JT Daly Remix)

9 Said Too Much (Joseph Milligan Remix)

10 Orpheum (JT Daly Remix)

11 Type Three (Leverage Models Remix)

12 Unstable (Nick Rad Remix)

13 Modern Age (Nick Rad Remix)

DVD - Live From The Music Hall Of Williamsburg

1 Take Me (As You Found Me)

2 A Day Late

3 Inevitable

4 Type Three