Download Festival 2013

Gibbo

So it's been announced that Rammstein will headling Sunday night at next year's Download Festival, with the mighty Iron Maiden headlining on Saturday night (bringing with them their 'Maiden England'/'Seventh Son' stage show and set!) My excitement at seeing Maiden on my birthday next year is dampened by the thought that the rest of the bill will be the usual collection of shouty crap, the odd decent band (if we're lucky), and bands that should have stayed dead and buried (The Darkness? I'm talking to YOU!)

Anyone else here likely to give Download a go next year? Any thoughts on the possible line up (Slipknot, Rush, Van Halen, Stone Sour, Green Day and Queens Of The Stone Age are all rumoured to have been approached to play over the course of the weekend)?

I would love to see Maiden again - last time was at Reading - but Im not sure I can bear to brave an outdoor gig again - generally full of tossers and pissing down with rain :-(

I think last year there were something like 8 bands that I would pay money to see, spread over the three days ... I have a feeling that this year will be the same - so here's hoping that Maiden decide to do a UK tour with Alice Cooper next year (which is what they're apparently doing in the US and Canada) :)

• My Little Pony

I think last year there were something like 8 bands that I would pay money to see, spread over the three days ... I have a feeling that this year will be the same - so here's hoping that Maiden decide to do a UK tour with Alice Cooper next year (which is what they're apparently doing in the US and Canada) :)

Ex-squeeze me? A baking powder? Maiden isn't touring with Alice up here in Kenata. We get Queen-Tate. But it's Alice Cooper, so I still wanna go. Maybe show up late, or watch the train wreck that is Geoff Tate.

Ah, my mistake - I was reading an article about their 2012 Summer Tour - oops! Slipknot have just been announced as the Friday headliners for Download, so that's ONE bullet dodged if I just get myself a Saturday ticket :)