Identity Crisis Is Released......

KIVELRECORDS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were given the chance, what 1 band (currently still touring and recording today) would you want to sign to your label?

thats a great question Rick....for me. However, im asking for questions to ask Scott from TANGO DOWN. LOL

However i will answer the above question. From our genre that are still recording/touring WARRANT or TRIXTER. Throw in STEELHEART as a wildcard, but only if it was closer to the Tangled sound. As for "current" sounding bands. Im loving Shinedown, Daughtry, Hinder (however, i was a lil let down by the last hinder cd)

Just placed my order!!!

Awesome Rocker!! Thank You very much. Did you purchase from my site or the band? If from the band ill let them now to give you a lil extra care for being a part of the HH comunity :-) Glad you dig the new song!!

John

Sorry, I just got my laptop back today! I have not had it for 9 days. I really can't remember which site I bought it from.

You know......someone once told me, "Street Dates are sometimes meant to be broken" :whistle::D

You mean that it's arriving earlier and NOT later, right?

You know......someone once told me, "Street Dates are sometimes meant to be broken" :whistle::D

Sorry, but there is no one here to answer your call. If you feel that you have reach this message by mistake. Please, hang up and dial the operator. THIS is a recording ;-)

Have you ever given anyone a straight answer? lol

Sorry, but there is no one here to answer your call. If you feel that you have reach this message by mistake. Please, hang up and dial the operator. THIS is a recording ;-)

so many witty vauge answers......i just don't know which one to choose ;-) LOL

You are real Bastard! lol

You are real Bastard! lol

LOL....!!

The first review of the new CD is IN!!!! Check it people!! Derric Miller of Hardrock Haven says: "This is one of those albums you’ll have to stretch to find something you don’t like. Hell, even the cover art is spot on. If Tango Down was going through an “identity crisis” before the release of this new album, it’s clear they know who they are today. "

Read Review :

IDENTITY CRISIS

Ok....we are getting closer to Tango Down's "Identity Crisis" being released this coming month. It will be here sooner then you think folks! Now, we released, "Blame" and "Back To Life" as free downloads over the last few months. So we want...

ed to change it up a bit. So, tune into Steve Price on the ARFM Radio show in the UK, this Saturday 6pm UK/1pm US/EST. To hear Steve talk about the album and surprise you with a brand new cut off the new album! http://arfm.co.uk/ Also, stick around for his entire broadcast if you are unfamiliar with his show, and enjoy some of the best ROCK RADIO there is!!!

Nice surprise waiting for me when I got home today!!!! Didn't get a poster, that sucks! Listening to it now. Track listing is wrong,track 3 is Dream Child not Blame, other than that so far so good!

Nice surprise waiting for me when I got home today!!!! Didn't get a poster, that sucks! Listening to it now. Track listing is wrong,track 3 is Dream Child not Blame, other than that so far so good!

Rocker pm me your shipping address so i can verify the promo posters shipped to you. As for the track order.....DOH!!! WTH!?!? >Face palm< Atleast its only 1 song mixed up. 1st pressing...COLLECTORS EDITION!! LOL. Look fwd to your thoughts and detailed feedback/review

JK

• My Little Pony

Rocker pm me your shipping address so i can verify the promo posters shipped to you. As for the track order.....DOH!!! WTH!?!? >Face palm< Atleast its only 1 song mixed up. 1st pressing...COLLECTORS EDITION!! LOL. Look fwd to your thoughts and detailed feedback/review

JK

Well, now I MUST buy this! :D

JK

Well, now I MUST buy this! :D

I second that suggestion!! :party421:

The first review of the new CD is IN!!!! Check it people!! Derric Miller of Hardrock Haven says: "This is one of those albums you’ll have to stretch to find something you don’t like. Hell, even the cover art is spot on. If Tango Down was going through an “identity crisis” before the release of this new album, it’s clear they know who they are today. "

Read Review :

IDENTITY CRISIS

I begged Derric to assign me this album to review, but the greedy bastard kept it for himself. Of course, judging from his review, I guess I can't blame him...

Really digging this album. So far my fav song is "Enlighten Me" but really all of them are good. The only complaint I would have(and it's a small one) is why so many songs that other artists have recently recorded? Although I prefer the "Corners of my Mind" version here by far over the Chasing Magic version and the "Crying to Me" is probably on par with the Talon recording the "Magic Pudding" might not be as good as the Reece/Kronlund but it's still pretty good. Again these are small complaints since the production and performance is stellar. "Back to LIfe" just screams for a video and I know JK has thoughts on that and "Calling Out", "Blame", "Alone" and "Hearts Catch Fire" are great. I think the overall vibe of this album is the closest a Reece recording has come to the 'BC On Target' sound. Oh yeah Rif has some very cool solos and Reece sounds incredible as usual. I imagine this will land in my top 10 at year end. And it's nice seeing the Mafia get another thank you!

Really digging this album. So far my fav song is "Enlighten Me" but really all of them are good. The only complaint I would have(and it's a small one) is why so many songs that other artists have recently recorded? Although I prefer the "Corners of my Mind" version here by far over the Chasing Magic version and the "Crying to Me" is probably on par with the Talon recording the "Magic Pudding" might not be as good as the Reece/Kronlund but it's still pretty good. Again these are small complaints since the production and performance is stellar. "Back to LIfe" just screams for a video and I know JK has thoughts on that and "Calling Out", "Blame", "Alone" and "Hearts Catch Fire" are great. I think the overall vibe of this album is the closest a Reece recording has come to the 'BC On Target' sound. Oh yeah Rif has some very cool solos and Reece sounds incredible as usual. I imagine this will land in my top 10 at year end. And it's nice seeing the Mafia get another thank you!

Not sure if i completely agree with this. Queensryches I wanna Get Close to you was originally done by a Canadian pop queen. Kiss Hide Your heart was done by several people before them. Two versions of DESPERATE by Babylon AD. The list goes on. The breakdown on some of these songs and the behind the scenes are factors why there are more then one version. CRYING TO ME was written by Rif from Tango Down back when he was in Adriangale. It is actually a AG song. I even have a version of AG doing this song. It just missed making the CRUNCH album. Now why it ended up on the Talon cd. At the time, they were still with Kivel. They needed a barn burner tune for the album we were working on. So since Rif wrote Fallen Angels on the last album, it made sense to go to him again for another barn burner tune. We had been sitting on Crying to Me since 200something lol. The song was a demanding song vocally, and TANGO felt it wouldn't fit the Damage Control album, so it sat. Back to Talon, i decided they should do it as i felt they could pull it off vocally. They played the song at MRFestII and SDR. Around the same time, enter David Reece to Tango Down. GAME ON! So the song was back in the playbook for TD. Around this same time, Talon and Kivel parted. A few months later Talon contacted me asking if it was ok to still do the song. I said i would be ok with it, as long as Rif was. We discussed it , Rif said YES. Ironically Tango Downs version was recorded first!! lol. But the Talon version came out first. In the end, the song was penned by TANGO DOWNS guitarist. It IS HIS song.

Corners Of My Mind. Again, was recorded by Tango Down first for release. Jace Pawlak , who wrote the song, wanted to release his version on his Chasing Magic release. Just as he did with his versions of the songs he wrote for FARCRY. Understandable as he did write the songs. We included Magic Pudding because it was a GREAT song! lol. We also wanted to have some Reece penned tunes on the album. Plus we gave it our own lil spin. Bottom line is.....would you want to miss out on a great version of a song from a fave band in exchange for a new song that doesn't even exists.Just because there may be another version out there that some may or may not even hear. In the end, this info on there being another version of the song shouldn't effect someone ENJOYING the song. It's like when my mom use to trick me into eating foods i didn't like. I only didn't like it, IF i knew it was broccoli. Sorry for the long rant. Hope i shed some light on why there are alternate versions.

Not sure if i completely agree with this. Queensryches I wanna Get Close to you was originally done by a Canadian pop queen. Kiss Hide Your heart was done by several people before them. Two versions of DESPERATE by Babylon AD. The list goes on. The breakdown on some of these songs and the behind the scenes are factors why there are more then one version. CRYING TO ME was written by Rif from Tango Down back when he was in Adriangale. It is actually a AG song. I even have a version of AG doing this song. It just missed making the CRUNCH album. Now why it ended up on the Talon cd. At the time, they were still with Kivel. They needed a barn burner tune for the album we were working on. So since Rif wrote Fallen Angels on the last album, it made sense to go to him again for another barn burner tune. We had been sitting on Crying to Me since 200something lol. The song was a demanding song vocally, and TANGO felt it wouldn't fit the Damage Control album, so it sat. Back to Talon, i decided they should do it as i felt they could pull it off vocally. They played the song at MRFestII and SDR. Around the same time, enter David Reece to Tango Down. GAME ON! So the song was back in the playbook for TD. Around this same time, Talon and Kivel parted. A few months later Talon contacted me asking if it was ok to still do the song. I said i would be ok with it, as long as Rif was. We discussed it , Rif said YES. Ironically Tango Downs version was recorded first!! lol. But the Talon version came out first. In the end, the song was penned by TANGO DOWNS guitarist. It IS HIS song.

Corners Of My Mind. Again, was recorded by Tango Down first for release. Jace Pawlak , who wrote the song, wanted to release his version on his Chasing Magic release. Just as he did with his versions of the songs he wrote for FARCRY. Understandable as he did write the songs. We included Magic Pudding because it was a GREAT song! lol. We also wanted to have some Reece penned tunes on the album. Plus we gave it our own lil spin. Bottom line is.....would you want to miss out on a great version of a song from a fave band in exchange for a new song that doesn't even exists.Just because there may be another version out there that some may or may not even hear. In the end, this info on there being another version of the song shouldn't effect someone ENJOYING the song. It's like when my mom use to trick me into eating foods i didn't like. I only didn't like it, IF i knew it was broccoli. Sorry for the long rant. Hope i shed some light on why there are alternate versions.

Wow I thought I gave it a pretty good review.

Wow I thought I gave it a pretty good review.

No you did. And im very happy you like it. Im just addressing the point of your one complaint about the album. Just shedding light on why these few songs have alternate versions out there.

yeah im soooooo far away mine wont be answered til at least next week :)

I will say that with David singing "Corners of My MInd" takes it to a whole new level. That was one of my favs on the Chasing Magic disc but on this cd it sounds even better and obviously the production is light years ahead of the CM too. "Alone", "Enlighten Me", "Blame", "Back to Life", "Corners of My Mind", "Crying to Me", "Calling Out" and "Hearts Catch Fire" seem to be my favs. There isn't a bad song but if I had to pick a least fav it would probably be "Dream Child" but every time I play it I like more and more so maybe it's not my least fav after all. All in all a great cd that should be getting repeated spins over the years in the same way that other recent Kivel Records releases have like the two FarCry, Talon Fallen Angels and Tango Down Damage Control.