Monsters of Rock Cruise 2013

Ok, next question: what about band t-shirts? I would think they will have their own tables out at times? Would these be cash transactions, and are the prices high, like at concerts?

I've liked several of these bands for a very long time, and might want to buy a shirt or two.

I believe there were two locations last year: top deck next to the pool, and in a lounge on one of the other decks--obviously. Cash is king, always, but I assume they'll take cards this time. If I recall correctly, shirts were $30.

Thanks!

Now, I did some research on the very important aspect of drinking.

Here is the deal:

Cruise line:

1. www.msccruisesusa.com

2. onboard services

3. beverage packages

4. *I called. It's $57 per person, per day. The catch is this: every member of the cabin must purchase the plan. It is "all or nothing". So for 2 people, that is $456 for 4 days.

For comparison's sake, the M.O.R. plan for two people --which caps out at 72 drink tickets--is $284 EACH for 4 days.

(total $568 if you buy two plans, which is not required)

Keep in mind that with M.O.R., we do already get non-carbonated drinks such as water, coffee, juice covered. So there really is no need to "re-pay" for that.

Put another way, if you get the M.O.R. plans you are truly just buying 'alcoholic' drink tickets, more or less.

Personally, we are leaning toward buying one package--the top tier M.O.R. one, which is 72 tickets, or 18 drinks between 2 people for four days. (she doesnt drink much!)

Hope this helps

Cheers!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Ok, next question: what about band t-shirts? I would think they will have their own tables out at times? Would these be cash transactions, and are the prices high, like at concerts?

I've liked several of these bands for a very long time, and might want to buy a shirt or two.

I believe there were two locations last year: top deck next to the pool, and in a lounge on one of the other decks--obviously. Cash is king, always, but I assume they'll take cards this time. If I recall correctly, shirts were $30.

Thanks!

Here is the deal:

Cruise line:

1. www.msccruisesusa.com

2. onboard services

3. beverage packages

4. *I called. It's $57 per person, per day. The catch is this: every member of the cabin must purchase the plan. It is "all or nothing". So for 2 people, that is $456 for 4 days.

For comparison's sake, the M.O.R. plan for two people --which caps out at 72 drink tickets--is $284 EACH for 4 days.

Keep in mind that with M.O.R., we do already get non-carbonated drinks such as water, coffee, juice covered. So there really is no need to "re-pay" for that.

Put another way, if you get the M.O.R. plans you are truly just buying 'alcoholic' drink tickets, more or less.

Personally, we are leaning toward buying one package--the top tier M.O.R. one, which is 72 tickets, or 18 drinks between 2 people for four days. (she doesnt drink much!)

Hope this helps

Cheers!

I appreciate you putting in the work. With the cruise line deal, you have to go with the top tier, 'cause it's the only one that includes bottled beer. I don't recall seeing any drafts being served last year.

Thanks!

Here is the deal:

Cruise line:

1. www.msccruisesusa.com
  2. onboard services
  3. beverage packages

Hope this helps

Cheers!

I appreciate you putting in the work. With the cruise line deal, you have to go with the top tier, 'cause it's the only one that includes bottled beer. I don't recall seeing any drafts being served last year.

The 72 tickets for $284 really isn't a bad deal. It breaks down to just less than $4.00 per drink. You would pay that in nearly any live rock nightclub.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Last night was last chance at the M.O.R. drink deals. We got the 72 ticket one. If you missed out, you could still call the cruise line and get one of theirs.

...so, are we happy it ain't CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES?!

sorry, had to be done....

Oh, shit. Last was the last night? Whatever. I think I only spent around sixty bucks on beer last year. I don't expect to pay much more this time.

Uncle Sax has his V.I.P. suite. Anybody that is going, pm me and we can say hello at the pre-party!

I won't be attending the pre-party, but I'll share a drink with you once the boat starts rockin'.

You are all invited to stop by #12115 at some point. Just follow the trail of naked strippers! haha

• My Little Pony

Uncle Sax has his V.I.P. suite. Anybody that is going, pm me and we can say hello at the pre-party!

I won't be attending the pre-party, but I'll share a drink with you once the boat starts rockin'.

You are all invited to stop by #12115 at some point. Just follow the trail of naked strippers! haha

It's a trap!! He's gonna drug you, and have you strip.

Thanks!

Here is the deal:

Cruise line:

1. www.msccruisesusa.com
  2. onboard services
  3. beverage packages

Hope this helps

Cheers!

The 72 tickets for $284 really isn't a bad deal. It breaks down to just less than $4.00 per drink. You would pay that in nearly any live rock nightclub.

That is a bargain - would be £4 in the UK which is significantly more

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

tick tock....tick tock.....

anyone else already having trouble getting up for work in the morning?

Can't wait!!!!

Less than two weeks. I'm trying to prepare myself. Got Saxon spinning at the moment.

• My Little Pony

Alright, so who's going, exactly? Pete, Sax, who else? I didn't get around to making a shirt with "KarpetRydOFunk" printed on the back, but I shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll be the tall bastard in a group of three mid-twenties punks. It would be easier than me looking for some old dude. ;}

Also, I need you--old dudes--advice. I was thinking of bringing a big dictionary to have the boys of Faster Pussycat sign. Has that already been done before? I mean, is that what everyone does? I've never been to one of their shows . Normally I don't care for autographs, but I thought this could be funny.

Anyway, I can't wait.

You already know my suite - so just stop by. I'll sell ya some cds [seriously]. haha!

I don't get the dictionary referrence. I just HOPE HOPE HOPE they are better then when I saw them on the Glory Hole tour [and the couple of times previous to that]. Keep the goth stuff for the Euro-tours....

Alright, so who's going, exactly? Pete, Sax, who else? I didn't get around to making a shirt with "KarpetRydOFunk" printed on the back, but I shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll be the tall bastard in a group of three mid-twenties punks. It would be easier than me looking for some old dude. ;}

Also, I need you--old dudes--advice. I was thinking of bringing a big dictionary to have the boys of Faster Pussycat sign. Has that already been done before? I mean, is that what everyone does? I've never been to one of their shows . Normally I don't care for autographs, but I thought this could be funny.

Anyway, I can't wait.

Whipped track Big Dictionary is the point of reference and I think it's funny as hell. Never seen them live so I can't say whether it's been done before or not. But who cares? How many people you know are gonna ask FP to sign their dic.

Hopin' one of you does a proper review of things here after the cruise is over and out.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

My fucking head hurts.

Still? Haha! Once I find some time, I'll give my impressions. In short, it was incredible. Hopefully I can do it again next year.

My fucking head hurts.

Still? Haha! Once I find some time, I'll give my impressions. In short, it was incredible. Hopefully I can do it again next year.

yeah a review would be great!

"incredible" is right.

It's been over a week and I cannot get that voyage out of my head! Nor do I want to.

We'd love to do it again next year as well, if we can manage it. Insane!!

Saxon was mighty, arguably the heaviest and most impressive of the voyage....Kix frontman Steve Whiteman was the best showman (in our opinion), with Helix's Brian Vollmer close behind. Wife got funny pic with Jaime St. James and enjoyed the Black n Blue show....Bang Tango rocked hard--opened with 'Don't Count Me Out" and also played two Beautiful Creatures tunes back-to-back, which now has me ordering those discs.....ran into Joe Leste and Lance Eric at the bar, got him to autograph my copy (Love After Death) and pictures.....ran into Biff Byford TWICE, once solo on CocoCay and the other time with drummer Glockler and lead guitarist Scarret (got pics both times).....ate meals next to Jeff Keith (Tesla), Brian Damage (Kix), and others (made it a point not to bother them during meals).

Rhino Bucket was insanely heavy, melted my face off----not to say Y&T didn't as well! Meneketti was awesome, played some good ones during the set I saw: Rescue Me, Don't Stop Runnin', Lipstick n Leather, Hard Times, Squeeze, Midnight in Tokyo, Black Tiger....

Ran into Spike from Quireboys as soon as I boarded, got a pic....enjoyed their deep-track set very much too. Ran into John Corabi on Nassau, and his acoustic set was a nice interlude between the electric shows.

All of the musicians seemed to be having a great time, and were agreeable to photos, conversation, and autographs.

The only disappointments were La Guns (guitarist denied boarding due to paperwork) and Cinderella (Tom sick in hospital with pneumonia). Saw a little of Faster Pussycat and it was very good.

Cruise food was terrible; service not much better, but drinks were obtainable and the incredible entertainment made up for the flaws of the cruise ship.

We'd happily do it again, and we sure hope to.

So nice to hear nothing but good rock music for four days and nights!!

Difficult to return to the real world. that is for sure. Back to hearing soft rock and country music in stores...oh woe is me!!!

LOL

:headbang:

PS: Now if they can just get Ugly Kid Joe, Electric Boys, D.A.D, Zodiac Mindwarp and Clutch on board for the next one.....

It was definitely a rager! Of course, Saxon was the highlight. Other than that, Harnell w/Fox and Sweet absolutely slayed. Russ Dwarf blew me away. Y&T destroyed. Dangerous Toys and Kix were ultra-fun, as always. And Loudness made fans of everyone on the ship.

Got to hang out with melodicrockoz who was a really cool guy. Eddie Trunk, on the other hand, is a complete douche.

Some pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.546196398757841.1073741825.196386640405487&type=3

• My Little Pony

Sorry for being relatively absent, lately. Been busy. I'll try to get my shit sort and into words this weekend. It definitely was a "rager," as Sax said.

• 2 months later...

Well, I can't forget this cruise just yet. And although it is unlikely I can attend the 2014 version, I must say I've been thinking about the lineup I would like to see (on the off chance I could somehow make it onboard again).

Here's what I think would be a killer lineup, with some returning members and some notable additions:

• Whitesnake
  • Electric Boys
  • D.A.D
  • Bang Tango
  • L.A. Guns (full strength this time!!)
  • Helix
  • Ugly Kid Joe
  • Night Ranger
  • Europe
  • Kix
  • Black n Blue
  • Rhino Bucket
  • American Dog
  • Clutch
  • Nightshade (Q5 members)
  • Saigon Kick (they reunited!)
  • White Lion (if reunited, with Bratta)
  • Accept
  • Faster Pussycat
  • Zodiac Mindwarp and Love Reaction

Is that 20? Guess I will stop at 20. Of course there are other good bands who'd make it fun, but if this lineup came to be....I would have to sell the house or something and go!

Ok maybe a couple more: Krokus, HSAS (you heard yet?), Armored Saint, Anthrax, Kings-X, Motorhead