Monsters of Rock Cruise 2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the cruise is a ton of fun... I'll stick to M3 and Rocklahoma. Most of the same bands play the cruise and M3...

The cruise was just to busy... didn't really even matter that it was a cruise. Didn't have time to enjoy the "cruise" aspect of it. That is why I'll stick to M3.

It is also a lot easier for bands to hook me up with M3.. They can get a bunch of guest list spots. The cruise, on the other hand, is nearly impossiple to get hooked up for free... yea, I'm cheap like that.

Enjoy the cruise... there should be a couple of really cool bands added within the next month or so.

• My Little Pony

Though the cruise is a ton of fun... I'll stick to M3 and Rocklahoma. Most of the same bands play the cruise and M3...

The cruise was just to busy... didn't really even matter that it was a cruise. Didn't have time to enjoy the "cruise" aspect of it. That is why I'll stick to M3.

It is also a lot easier for bands to hook me up with M3.. They can get a bunch of guest list spots. The cruise, on the other hand, is nearly impossiple to get hooked up for free... yea, I'm cheap like that.

Enjoy the cruise... there should be a couple of really cool bands added within the next month or so.

Yeah, you're a bastard! ;)

As far as the "cruise" aspect goes, this years MOR Cruise was my first time on a cruise, so I don't know what to compare it with. All I know is it's the epitome of convenience: don't have to worry about travel between lodging and venue, all food is covered, drinks are reasonably priced, most of the bands are just walking about hanging out with the fans. I know you got the in with damn near everyone in the scene, but for some young punk hidden on the West Coast north of the border where the scene seems to be dead, it's an opportunity I won't get anywhere else. I can't wait.

As far as the "cruise" aspect goes, this years MOR Cruise was my first time on a cruise, so I don't know what to compare it with. All I know is it's the epitome of convenience: don't have to worry about travel between lodging and venue, all food is covered, drinks are reasonably priced, most of the bands are just walking about hanging out with the fans. I know you got the in with damn near everyone in the scene, but for some young punk hidden on the West Coast north of the border where the scene seems to be dead, it's an opportunity I won't get anywhere else. I can't wait.

A helpful hint for you... It's a little trick the cruise organizers don't want you to know about... You need to call the actual cruiseline (not the people who you ordered your tickets from) and ask them about getting an all-inclusive drink pass. The cruiseline itself will sell you a pass for a more than fair price that will enable you to drink as much as you want on the cruise. I forget how much it was... but it should save you a heap of cash on drinks.

I am so f***ing jealous. This sounds like just about the best thing ever!

Well... I just may be doing the cruise after all... I might be involved in a little "pre-party" deal with some pretty cool bands. If that happens I'll have a free cabin on the ship.

Well... I just may be doing the cruise after all... I might be involved in a little "pre-party" deal with some pretty cool bands. If that happens I'll have a free cabin on the ship.

Need a butler?

• My Little Pony

Need a butler?

How 'bout a foot stool? Wait, I'm already going. You're such a bastard. Have I said that already? ;)

Need a butler?

How 'bout a foot stool? Wait, I'm already going. You're such a bastard. Have I said that already? ;)

I'm not prejudiced - I hate both of you equally. Lucky fuckers!

;)

• My Little Pony

Need a butler?

;)

Yeah, but this fucker is paying his way. Dave, ain't.

Need a butler?

;)

Yeah... but if all works out I'll pay in stress for months prior to the cruise. It's a fairly big deal (if all works as planned) and I do get really stressed out.

I'll also be risking put some money up front with no promise that I'll get it all back.

Hey, I couldn't pay for this even if I saved up for a decade, so I'm still bitter!

;)

Yeah... but if all works out I'll pay in stress for months prior to the cruise. It's a fairly big deal (if all works as planned) and I do get really stressed out.

I'll also be risking put some money up front with no promise that I'll get it all back.

Erm ... can I ask what capacity you're attending in?

• My Little Pony

Hey, I couldn't pay for this even if I saved up for a decade, so I'm still bitter!

;)

The luxury of the single life, I s'pose.

;)

I may be working on a pre-party prior to the launch of the cruise (with a few of the bands on the ship). It's up in the air at this point but I may get involved if I get just a bit more input in the pre-party.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Here's the official line-up, so far. Anybody decide to take the plunge since I last asked? I'm just working out flights, right now. I can't wait for this. I've got Journey/Loverboy/Night Ranger in Dec, and maybe a few indie artists, but apart from that, this is it. None of these guys ever come remotely close to Vancouver, so I can't wait.

TESLA

tesla.png

QUEENSRYCHE

qr.png

KIX

kix.png

SAXON

saxon.png

LITA FORD

litaford.png

STRYPER

stryper.png

Y & T

yt.png

GREAT WHITE

great_white.png

LONDON QUIREBOYS

londonquireboys.png

ARCADE

arcade.png

DANGEROUS TOYS

dtoys.png

NELSON

nelson.png

LOUDNESS

loudness.png

LYNCH MOB

lynchmob.png

JANET SHARE ROXY GINA

jsrg.png

TNT

tnt.png

LA GUNS

laguns.png

KEEL

keel.png

HELIX

helix.png

FASTER PUSSYCAT

fasterpussycat.png

RHINO BUCKET

rhinobucket.png

ENUFF Z NUFF

enuff.png

BANG TANGO

bangtango.png

XYZ

xyz.png

FEMME FATALE

femmefatale.png

BLACK ‘N BLUE

blacknblue.png

ALCATRAZZ

alcatrazz.png

JAILHOUSE

jailhouse.png

RON KEEL, JOHN CORABI & TED POLEY

ronkeel_johncorabi_tedpoley.png

HEAVY MELLOW

heavy_mellow.png

ATOMIC PUNKS

atomic_punks.png

• My Little Pony

;)

I may be working on a pre-party prior to the launch of the cruise (with a few of the bands on the ship). It's up in the air at this point but I may get involved if I get just a bit more input in the pre-party.

Hey, Dave, whatever became of this? I noticed on the site it makes no mention of a pre-party, so I'm guessing it's not happening.

;)

Hey, Dave, whatever became of this? I noticed on the site it makes no mention of a pre-party, so I'm guessing it's not happening.

It will happen.. It will be an event on Thursday night prior to the cruise.. Don't worry about tickets I'll get you a couple pre-party tickets even if I don't go. Can't fill you in until a day of two after everything is signed.

Now I've seen that The Quireboys (and Nelson) are playing, I feel a lot better about missing out. :D

WTF?? When I saw Nelson at FF they fucking ruled that joint. Not the pansy band you might expect from their albums - heavy as hell in places - and man they changed their songs up with huge guitar solos - they were awesome.

Now I've seen that The Quireboys (and Nelson) are playing, I feel a lot better about missing out. :D

WTF?? When I saw Nelson at FF they fucking ruled that joint. Not the pansy band you might expect from their albums - heavy as hell in places - and man they changed their songs up with huge guitar solos - they were awesome.

Yeah, I just really can't stand them. Each to his own, eh? ;)

• My Little Pony

Wonder what other band's are set for inclusion? Any rumours, certains?

As am I. Dave might could know something, but do you really need anymore incentive? Really?

Wonder what other band's are set for inclusion? Any rumours, certains?

As am I. Dave might could know something, but do you really need anymore incentive? Really?

Might be 2 or 3 more... but I can't really say... :whistle:

May be a pretty cool add that most here know and would love to see play together again. Other 2 just kind of middle tier (IMO) bands.