Eonian Records: Youngblood - No Retreat

I absolutely love 'Heat Of The Passion', sounds like a great tune. The other songs are good, 'Back In the My Life' probably the pick of the bunch, but not blowing me away, so I think I'll have to give this one a miss...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in.

At 1:00 am I'd be willing to bet you're in for about anything Chad! :lol:

Seriously, I'm gonna have to pick up this one as well, sounds great from what I heard!

Licker. I wouldn't be up for walking "three blocks" to a redneck dance!! Thats for sure!!!

More like 10 blocks.....

I'm in.

Seriously, I'm gonna have to pick up this one as well, sounds great from what I heard!

Licker. I wouldn't be up for walking "three blocks" to a redneck dance!! Thats for sure!!!

More like 10 blocks.....

LOL! Well if you guys were smart you would've found some girls to give you a ride back! :nyanya:

sounds fantatstic and i will definately be purchasing this,both eonian and retrospect are basically single(twin) handedly keeping this melodic rock fan from days gone by very very happy,with fantastic releases from lorraine,eli,mariah,shake city,murder bay and rattleshake released and this type of sound to follow...excellent,although this is the only news ive seen on youngblood,it aint featured much on steves site,can i preorder it yet? oh it feels like 89 again :)

yes,great stuff,amazon uk is now taking preorders,although at £17.87 its a tas expensive for a cd,preordered none the less and fingers crossed the price comes down before release,if even a slight bit :whistle:

yes,great stuff,amazon uk is now taking preorders,although at £17.87 its a tas expensive for a cd,preordered none the less and fingers crossed the price comes down before release,if even a slight bit :whistle:

Evil Rick is ALWAYS up for a Pre-Order!!!! :whistle:

I'm in.

More like 10 blocks.....

I still can't believe we left the beerbarrow for THAT. :rant:

I'm in.

More like 10 blocks.....

I still can't believe we left the beerbarrow for THAT. :rant:

Next time there better be a bicylcle or a golf cart involved.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck me that is pricey!!

fuck me that is pricey!!

Dropped to £16.49 now...the eonian records stuff usually sells for £11.99 for the first week or so,fingers crossed thsi trend keeps up :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been spinning this over the last couple days. Fantastic album!! It's a perfect mix of Steelheart and Tora Tora IMO.

can't wait to hear it Evil Rick,had it on preorder and its due delivered between the 16th-25th october,the amazon disc eventually went down to £9.49stg,brilliant,really looking forward to it.

I've been spinning this over the last couple days. Fantastic album!! It's a perfect mix of Steelheart and Tora Tora IMO.

can't wait to hear it Evil Rick,had it on preorder and its due delivered between the 16th-25th october,the amazon disc eventually went down to £9.49stg,brilliant,really looking forward to it.

You will not be disappointed! :)

• 2 months later...

Just got a chance to take a quick spin on this : first impression - there are several great songs here in the veins of maybe LED ZEP meets STEELHEART with a throw of naughty WARRANT, but there are sure also some fillers to be found.

The first three tracks are awesome in my book, but 'Shot of You' could be the best of the bunch. 'Save Your Lies' and 'Feel Thang' are also very nice, but after track 9 right to the end, it's a little struggl-y, probably ranging from 65 - 75. The singer is really kickin' ass, he's the strongest part of this band for sure, although the guitars are also quite good.

Out of 16 tracks, and by leaving out 4 weakest tracks, I think I'm arrived at 78%, and with that insanely good vocal and also well-rounded production, it's okay to shot it up to 80%. Nice buy!

Sadly I couldn't be so kind. Like you, I think the vocalist had a great vibe going on and the band in general clearly sounded capable of a lot better than this. In the end it's just average swaggery type hard rock. But I don't question for a second why they never snared a record deal. They were evidently a very good band, but they had no flare for writing a catchy song that would appeal to the masses. These guys were severely missing any kind of commercial edge and this album could really use a huge dose of great hooks. Just way too many plodding slow tempo tunes without a point for me. Here was my quick summary:

01. Pump It Up - good vibe and sound and style, just an average rocker - 6.50

02. Love Is All Around - filler type track without a proper hook - 6.25

03. Sock It To Me - average 80's style rocker - 6.50

04. Get Down To It - another filler-type tune - 6.25

05. Shot Of You - uptempo is nice, but still not an amazing song - 7.00

06. Heat of the Passion - cool hard rocker - not perfect but there should be more like this - 7.50

07. Save Your Lies - complete filler - 5.00

08. Feel Thang - solid average filler… again - 6.00

09. Find A Way - solid, but a pretty damn weak chorus - 6.25

10. Taste Of Your Lovin' - super average again - 6.00

11. Back In My Life - cool uptempo hard rocker - this is how they should sound all the time - 7.50

12. Coming Home - really, really slow to start, but okay when the band joins in - 6.75

13. My One and Only - bit of a plodder here too - 6.25

14. Don't Play With My Head - good hard rock with a great swagger - 7.50

15. You've Gotta Go - very poor hard rocker - 5.00

16. I Love You - yeah, no thanks - blatant waste of space - 4.00

TOTAL SCORE - 63%

Sadly I couldn't be so kind. Like you, I think the vocalist had a great vibe going on and the band in general clearly sounded capable of a lot better than this. In the end it's just average swaggery type hard rock. But I don't question for a second why they never snared a record deal. They were evidently a very good band, but they had no flare for writing a catchy song that would appeal to the masses. These guys were severely missing any kind of commercial edge and this album could really use a huge dose of great hooks. Just way too many plodding slow tempo tunes without a point for me. Here was my quick summary:

06. Heat of the Passion - cool hard rocker - not perfect but there should be more like this - 7.50

11. Back In My Life - cool uptempo hard rocker - this is how they should sound all the time - 7.50

12. Coming Home - really, really slow to start, but okay when the band joins in - 6.75

TOTAL SCORE - 63%

I saw you gave Pump It Up a 6.5 and stopped wasting my time reading the rest. ;) That song kicks some major ass! Sure there are some throw-away tracks, especially near the end of the disc, but the the first half is absolutely fantastic.

TOTAL SCORE - 63%

You become more irrelevant by the second. :whistle: