America Rocks Summer Tour 2012

darin

Just curious if anyone has seen this show. What are your opinions? I plan to go this Friday. It seems like a good value for the ticket price.

-Darin

I had a friend go to the San Diego show. He missed the beginning of Lillian Axe (and is kicking himself) as they were really good. He is a big Bullet Boys fan but said they were "so-so". Pretty Boy Floyd sounded the best as far as the house mix goes and they played all the songs that you would expect (played about 40 mins). Faster Pussycat was a bit boring as Tami wanted to chat more than sing. If Tami didn't talk so much they could have got 2 more songs in the set (45 mins). Word is the Jack Russell just plain "sucked". Jack's band was apparently really good and quite tight for not being together for very long.

This tour will be hitting my area in a couple weeks. I would be going just to see Lillian Axe again. I saw them a few weeks ago and still enjoy them very much. I know others have jumped ship on Lillian Axe but I still feel they are true to what they were. The new vocalist is very good and has an edge which does justice to the older (classic) Lillian Axe songs. I saw Pretty Boy Floyd and Faster Pussycat last summer and they were both good. If Jack Russell sucks I'll just leave the show early. I saw the Terry fronted Great White just over a month ago and that more than satisfied my Great White appetite for awhile.

Terry's an incredible vocalist, saw him fronting XYZ at this years Monsters Of Rock Cruise. It'd be even more awesome for Terry to get XYZ as support act on his gig fronting Great White.

When I saw Great White with Terry a few weeks ago XYZ was there also. A couple members from XYZ stopped by my Pre-Party prior to them playing M3. I agree, I love what Terry brings to Great White.

Guest babylonbc

Went to the America Rocks Summer Tour 2012 in Savage, Minnesota last night (June 22nd). $20.00 for 5 bands, and worth every penny.

Best of show goes to Pretty Boy Floyd followed closely by Faster Pussycat (the main draw for me). Lillian Axe come in third and put on a super show. Great White sounded great musically, but Jack Russell's voice was not overly strong. Not much of a Bulletboys fan, so they fall into fifth place by default.

The bands (including the "big name" singers and founding members) were very accessible in the merchandise booths and were roaming around in the club and outside. They all signed and seemed genuinely appreciative of the fans and enthusiastic about playing.

Recommended if you get a chance to go!

Went to the America Rocks Summer Tour 2012 in Savage, Minnesota last night (June 22nd). $20.00 for 5 bands, and worth every penny.

Best of show goes to Pretty Boy Floyd followed closely by Faster Pussycat (the main draw for me). Lillian Axe come in third and put on a super show. Great White sounded great musically, but Jack Russell's voice was not overly strong. Not much of a Bulletboys fan, so they fall into fifth place by default.

The bands (including the "big name" singers and founding members) were very accessible in the merchandise booths and were roaming around in the club and outside. They all signed and seemed genuinely appreciative of the fans and enthusiastic about playing.

That's promising. I've met Jack twice and he was more than cordial. Nice guy. He sounds good in the youtube stuff that I've seen. I'd love to see the BB again. I seen them open for Metallica w/ The Cult back on the Justice tour. That was kick ass.

Did Faster Pussycat come out wearing the black facemasks and black army outfits? Did Taime come out wearing a dress? That's what they had on last time I saw them live. Creepy outfits and not the best song selections. Would LOVE to see PBF though.

I also attended the show in Savage, MN. I will second Babylonbc review of the show. Well worth the price of admission. Everything ran on-time, which is a big plus for me.

Felt like Pretty Boy Floyd should have been the headliners(they went on second). Steve Summers is a great front man. Was very impressed with them.

Great White seemed to have mic problems during their set. I don't think they ever got it dialed in right.

No creepy outfits for Faster Pussycat.

Highly recommended!!!

I was suppose to see this tour tonight. The show was cancelled due to the storm that crushed the area on Friday night. The area where the club is located in Virginia is suppose to be without electric for up to 7 more days. I only went without electric for about a day and a half.

Looks like Faster Pussycat and Pretty Boy Floyed will be playing a small club together tomorrow night about 35 minutes from my cabin. I'll have to hit that show instead.