Rocklahoma

They used up all the '80s hair bands after the first year so they had no choice but to branch out...

I should be there again this year.

Slash, Charm City Devils, Megadeth, Chickenfoot, Queensryche, HellYeah, Pop Evil, The Darkness, Jackyl...

That's not even including the Retrospect Records stage: Lillian Axe, Wildstreet, Diemonds, The Glitter Boys, Sunset Riot, Hesslar, S.E.X. Dept, Lynam, Ruff Justice, Firstryke, Black Toro.

Though it may not be an "80's Festival" anymore... still a great time.

• My Little Pony

I should be there again this year.

Slash, Charm City Devils, Megadeth, Chickenfoot, Queensryche, HellYeah, Pop Evil, The Darkness, Jackyl...

That's not even including the Retrospect Records stage: Lillian Axe, Wildstreet, Diemonds, The Glitter Boys, Sunset Riot, Hesslar, S.E.X. Dept, Lynam, Ruff Justice, Firstryke, Black Toro.

Though it may not be an "80's Festival" anymore... still a great time.

Sounds like a good time. I'm hoping Diemonds come out west once they drop their new album.

Black Toro would be worth the price of admission to see live. Their cd kick ass!

Black Toro is such a great band. One of the most talented bands around.. and all great guys to hang out with to boot. Can't wait to see them again this year.

Black Tora would be worth the price of admission to see live. Their cd kick ass!

Black Tora is such a great band. One of the most talented bands around.. and all great guys to hang out with to boot. Can't wait to see them again this year.

Insert envious smiley hereand agree that they have mega-skills!

"Speak" with Razor Dave from time to time and quite pleased he hooked me up with his and his bands catologue. Hope they churn some new stuff out. That Warryor disc is just a smidge my fave over the BT disc.

Had to go back and correct the spelling BLACK TORA! :)

I plan on going to the Retrospect Rocklahoma pre-party (if it happens). I highly doubt I'll be going to the actual festival.

Jacob... This is the strongest line up that the Retrospect Stage has ever had. You live 30 minutes away and are going to miss this..?

Which year had Mariah on the Retrospect stage? THAT is the year I wish I was there.

I'm pretty sure that was year 2.. The year that the stages came down in a storm.

2008 Lineup

Main Stage

The following bands played the main stage from the Rocklahoma website:[5]

Wednesday, July 9

A benefit concert for residents of the nearby town of Picher, Oklahoma, which was severely hit by a EF4 tornado on May 10, 2008. Three-day ticket holders and members of the armed forces are admitted free of charge, and the general public only has to pay a $25 fee to get in. [6]

Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp Jam

Firehouse

All Star Fantasy Camp

Jackyl

Ratt

Heavy Metal in Baghdad (documentary film)

Thursday, July 10 (pre-party only available to people who purchased three day tickets)

Jetboy

House of Lords

Vain

Enuff Z'nuff

L.A. Guns w/ Tracii Guns

Dokken

Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row)

Bret Michaels (of Poison)

Friday, July 11

XYZ

Armored Saint

Kingdom Come

Living Colour

Night Ranger

Extreme

Triumph reunited with Rik Emmett

Saturday, July 12

Pretty Boy Floyd

Every Mother's Nightmare

Tora Tora

Black 'n Blue

Trixter

Lynch Mob

KIX

Lita Ford

Warrant reunited with Jani Lane

Cinderella (Cancelled)

Sunday July 13

Axe

Steelheart

Zebra

UFO

Ace Frehley

Tesla

Queensrÿche

Side Stages

The following bands have been confirmed for the side stages from the Rocklahoma website:[7]

South Stage

(sponsored by Nightmare Records, Chavis Records and Blastzone)

Wednesday July 10, 2008

Legacy Uprising

Pedal Point

Jaded

Down Tread

Overloaded

Lure

Thursday July 10, 2008

Bigcock

Dog's Divin

Boneshaker

Cockpit

Joe Town

Six Minute Century

Sex Department

Powned

Erocktica

Friday July 11, 2008

Minoli

Gods of Kansas

Azrael's Bane

Lipstick Magazine

Mindflow

Banshee

Krucible (Lance King)

Gypsy Pistoleros

Saturday July 12, 2008

The Cauze

Odin

Order of Nine

The Jackals

Lynam

Asphalt Valentine

Karnevil (Dario Lorina)

DeathRiders (featuring Neil Turbin)

Dirty Penny

Sunday July 13, 2008

Dangerous Inc.

Sacred Dawn

Shadowside

Warmachine

Texas Hippie Coalition

Crooked X

Bullet Boys

North Stage

(sponsored by Retrospect Records)

Thursday July 10, 2008

Oney

Gypsy Blue

Harlow

Sidekixx

Sweet F.A. (Cancelled)

Frontrunner

Pair A Dice

Tommy Had A Vision

Messano (Bobby Messano of Starz)

Friday July 11, 2008

Gypsy Blue

Biloxi

Whitefoxx (featuring Danny Danzi)

Blue Tiger

Wild August

Valor

Paul Shortino (of Quiet Riot)

Mariah

Saturday July 12, 2008

Kilbourn

Bad Candy

Lorraine

Nasty Nasty

Cuttlass

Mass

Defcon

Vyper

Sunday July 13, 2008

Bad Candy

Oney

Strikeforce

Herazz

Reckless

Heartless

Ron Keel (of Steeler and Keel)

Warryor

Real Steel

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on going to the Retrospect Rocklahoma pre-party (if it happens). I highly doubt I'll be going to the actual festival.

Jacob... This is the strongest line up that the Retrospect Stage has ever had. You live 30 minutes away and are going to miss this..?

I work for the evil empire. Getting that much time off isn't easy. Plus I would be spending money I really don't have. I'm saving for something really important right now. Shame there won't be a pre-party. Guess I will have to find something else to do on Thursday.

I work for the evil empire. Getting that much time off isn't easy. Plus I would be spending money I really don't have. I'm saving for something really important right now. Shame there won't be a pre-party. Guess I will have to find something else to do on Thursday.

I'll be flying out on Thursday (5/24/12) at 6:00 AM... arriving in Tulsa at 10:00 AM. I'm not leaving until Tuesday (5/29/12) at 6:00 PM. If you are off or go in late on Monday or Tuesday let me know. Maybe we can hit a couple used CD shops if you are interested.

Try and make it out to Rocklahoma one day if you can. Sam has a great line up on his stage... maybe his best ever. I'm sure we can get you in to the show.

I had the Rocklahoma concert on for a while last night on HDNet and when they would pan through the crowd it looked like there wasn't more than maybe a thousand people in attendance at the main stage.

I had the Rocklahoma concert on for a while last night on HDNet and when they would pan through the crowd it looked like there wasn't more than maybe a thousand people in attendance at the main stage.

It wasn't a huge crowd this year. The mixed up line-up had to do something with it I'm sure. I only went over to the main stage for a couple acts... Some of Megadeth (sound sucked), some of Zombie (impressive), some of Jackyl (fun), some of Queensryche (sound sucked, band Tate sucked), Chickenfoot (very cool). I only went to the Hard Rock stage once to see friends in Charm City Devils (they killed it).

The rest of the time I stayed at the Retrospect stage for Lynam, Wildstreet, Lillian Axe (vocalist fits in great), Hessler (100% energy), Diemonds (killer), Glitter Boys, Black Tora (100% talent), Sunset Riot (great surprise), Ragdoll, Firstryche, Ruff Justice... etc...

Great crowd at the Retrospect stage this year.. every band stepped it up. There were a bunch of people who never left the Retrospect stage. Unlike on the main stage, each and every band on the Retrospect stage was happy to be there and appreciated each and every fan at the show.

* Side note... during Queensryche I made a cameo on HD NET.

It wasn't a huge crowd this year. The mixed up line-up had to do something with it I'm sure. I only went over to the main stage for a couple acts... Some of Megadeth (sound sucked), some of Zombie (impressive), some of Jackyl (fun), some of Queensryche (sound sucked, band Tate sucked), Chickenfoot (very cool). I only went to the Hard Rock stage once to see friends in Charm City Devils (they killed it).

The rest of the time I stayed at the Retrospect stage for Lynam, Wildstreet, Lillian Axe (vocalist fits in great), Hessler (100% energy), Diemonds (killer), Glitter Boys, Black Tora (100% talent), Sunset Riot (great surprise), Ragdoll, Firstryche, Ruff Justice... etc...

Great crowd at the Retrospect stage this year.. every band stepped it up. There were a bunch of people who never left the Retrospect stage. Unlike on the main stage, each and every band on the Retrospect stage was happy to be there and appreciated each and every fan at the show.

* Side note... during Queensryche I made a cameo on HD NET.

If I would have been there I definitely would have stayed at the Retrospect stage. Like you said, the lineup for the main stage was so mixed up with different types of bands/music that people just aren't going to stick around for something like that. Retrospect needs to start their own yearly concert or just take over Rocklahoma IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's totally going to happen my friends. 2013 is the 30 year anniversary of the classic US festival and I'm going to try and do something big next year. If anyone wants to be a shareholder in this event you should contact me.

Any thoughts on doing some type of Retrospect concert/festival in Las Vegas? It's a heckuva lot easier for most people to get to Vegas than it is to get to Oklahoma.

• My Little Pony

It's totally going to happen my friends. 2013 is the 30 year anniversary of the classic US festival and I'm going to try and do something big next year. If anyone wants to be a shareholder in this event you should contact me.

Any thoughts on doing some type of Retrospect concert/festival in Las Vegas? It's a heckuva lot easier for most people to get to Vegas than it is to get to Oklahoma.

'Tis true. Flights are always cheap to Vegas.

• 4 months later...

Seems to me there still could of been tons of 80s-early 90s hard rock bands they could of booked a few more years to keep it all 80s-90s.

It appears that De La Cruz is booked for Rocklahoma in 2013, Pretty good start.