Yet another reason Axl Rose is a complete douche....

Dark Star

Why hasn't anyone raised the question of why far more influential bands such as Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. haven't been inducted by that sham Hall of Fame before Metallica, G 'N' R, etc.? I've said it before and I'll say it again - that moronic Hall is nothing more than a complete joke, run by a pack of jerks intent on following their agenda of inducting their own personal favorites while ignoring acts, who've had way more of an influence on latter day artists. They put the shitcart before the horse, and ninnies addicted to mainstream media bullshit buy into it. To even suggest Joan Jett has been more influential than the 4 acts I mentioned (along with scores of others) is ridiculous, yet braindead fools in mainstream media will NEVER answer that charge. Any one of those four bands have influenced 100 times the number of people than the vast majority of the poop inducted into that bastardized "shrine." Once and for all - the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is a joke - period! Please stop carrying on as if induction into its less-than-deserving ranks is some major achievement.

:agree:

Great post. These awards are completely worthless and it's shameful that they are allowed to have the moniker "Hall of Fame".

'Hall Of Whoever The Suits Have Actually Heard Of'

Joan Jett most certainly does deserve to be in The Hall of Fame just as much as Priest, Rush, and Maiden. Deep Purple is the only one you listed that I feel should be in before Joan Jett. Joan has influenced a ton of artist for over 35 years now. Interesting that you picked Joan Jett to make your argument since see was only nominated, not inducted.

If being lumped in with over-hyped fluff is the criteria for induction, then I agree with Joan Jett's nomination 100%. Seeing as her career consists of being a member of a joke act in The Runaways and one fluke Top 40 hit, which she didn't even write, I might add, then I fail to see this massive influence she allegedly has on latter day acts. Who? Who of note has she influenced? You're trying to tell me she influenced just as many performers as the likes of Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest???? Suggesting she has as much musical influence as masters of their instruments like Lee, Lifeson and Peart???? Okay, now that you've given us our hysterical laughter fit of the day, can we talk common sense? Please point out which innovations she introduced to the genre she played in; the massive sold-out, large venue tours she wowed the world with year after year. Even by the lowly, bottom-of-the-barrel standards set by the likes of People Magazine, after the fluke hit, which is as shitty a song as any ever recorded BTW, her career flamed-out awfully damn quick. If her main influence is that she fronted a band as a "gurl", then that doesn't hold water either - the Wilson sisters and Chrissie Hynde, and to a degree, Stevie Nicks, absolutely dwarfed your claim of her claim to that title. It must be nice lauding a performer, who sneaks into another act's dressing room and pisses on a guitar because that band of respected musos finds her crappy music so terrible that they laugh their asses off while watching her joke of a band perform. The Runaways were considered a joke in the music business, and they were - only die-hard fans with blinders on would state otherwise. On top of that, she's a shit guitarist; certainly not even worthy of mention amongst the all-time greats (or even the third or fourth tier ranked, for that matter). Joan Jett & The Blackhearts may be your personal fave, but let's be realistic - to put forth that their minimal, tepid output even holds a candle to the 4 heavyweight acts I mentioned, is ludicrous at best. Rah rah; wave the pom poms, but come on - who the hell are you trying to kid? Refute if you must, but seriously, offer up hard evidence apart from the lonely opinion of one starry-eyed fan. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah why the fuck hasnt VENOM been inducted! it's a fucking conspiracy!!!

To be honest, I'd prefer NOT to see Venom inducted - they're already acknowledged by bands and fans alike as a major influence, so do they really need a pat on the back from some awarding body that none of us really give two hooots about? Would it really make a blind bit of difference to how they're seen by the rest of the music industry?

That said, I'd LOVE to hear Cronos' acceptance speech ... delivered in his broad Geordie accent! :headbanger:

Im sorry Gibbo, that was being posted with HUGE!! Sarcasm, no I do not believe Cronos would even show up if they were inducted, he already basically made about as big of a joke anyone could possibly make over Metallica being inducted, and you know if for whatever reason they were inducted, the only reason they would show up, would be in jest, you know Cronos would get up there, make a sarcastic joke aimed towards Henry Rollins, possibly another towards Metallica, and then tell everyone how he couldn't wait to get home and wipe his ass with whatever awards they were giving him, then possibly play the most ear ringing, spine breaking, obnoxious version of Black Metal he has ever played, never mind, I would love nothing more then to see Venom show up at a trendy, well publicized, and heavily viewed event, just to see the peoples faces when they broke into Black Metal, Teachers Pet, Flytrap, or Acid Queen, that would be worth anything I could give to have Venom crash the MTV Music Awards, or to ruin The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! That's what I think!!!

That would be brilliant! I used to work with Al Barnes (who played on some of the later, Tony Dolan-era Venom albums) ... it was all I could do not to turn into a dribbling fanboy ... never mind that the later albums have been completely ignored - the guy played with VENOM! :headbanger:

As an aside, I saw an awards ceremony where The KLF (remember them?) came onstage with Extreme Noise Terror and murdered 'What Time Is Love?' ... before whipping out some replica machine pistols and firing blanks over the heads of the suits in the audience ... live television at its best :)

I'm fully aware of Al Barnes, those Venom discs(Temples Of Ice,The Waste Lands, and Prime Evil)are decent enough albums, they just sound to much like Atomkraft albums and nothing like Venom albums, Venom is Cronos, I think their best album ever is Resurrection, Abaddon was the weak link I believe, but where the hell did you work with Barnes at?? oh and Joan Jett fucking sucks, don't get so pissed off bro, that whole Joan Jett rant was a big fucking tongue in cheek rant, just to get you going, he didn't really mean that shit, don't feed into it, or he will keep doing it!

yeah why the fuck hasnt VENOM been inducted! it's a fucking conspiracy!!!

To be honest, I'd prefer NOT to see Venom inducted - they're already acknowledged by bands and fans alike as a major influence, so do they really need a pat on the back from some awarding body that none of us really give two hooots about? Would it really make a blind bit of difference to how they're seen by the rest of the music industry?

That said, I'd LOVE to hear Cronos' acceptance speech ... delivered in his broad Geordie accent! :headbanger:

Im sorry Gibbo, that was being posted with HUGE!! Sarcasm, no I do not believe Cronos would even show up if they were inducted, he already basically made about as big of a joke anyone could possibly make over Metallica being inducted, and you know if for whatever reason they were inducted, the only reason they would show up, would be in jest, you know Cronos would get up there, make a sarcastic joke aimed towards Henry Rollins, possibly another towards Metallica, and then tell everyone how he couldn't wait to get home and wipe his ass with whatever awards they were giving him, then possibly play the most ear ringing, spine breaking, obnoxious version of Black Metal he has ever played, never mind, I would love nothing more then to see Venom show up at a trendy, well publicized, and heavily viewed event, just to see the peoples faces when they broke into Black Metal, Teachers Pet, Flytrap, or Acid Queen, that would be worth anything I could give to have Venom crash the MTV Music Awards, or to ruin The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! That's what I think!!!

That would be brilliant! I used to work with Al Barnes (who played on some of the later, Tony Dolan-era Venom albums) ... it was all I could do not to turn into a dribbling fanboy ... never mind that the later albums have been completely ignored - the guy played with VENOM! :headbanger:

As an aside, I saw an awards ceremony where The KLF (remember them?) came onstage with Extreme Noise Terror and murdered 'What Time Is Love?' ... before whipping out some replica machine pistols and firing blanks over the heads of the suits in the audience ... live television at its best :)

I'm fully aware of Al Barnes, those Venom discs(Temples Of Ice,The Waste Lands, and Prime Evil)are decent enough albums, they just sound to much like Atomkraft albums and nothing like Venom albums, Venom is Cronos, I think their best album ever is Resurrection, Abaddon was the weak link I believe, but where the hell did you work with Barnes at?? oh and Joan Jett fucking sucks, don't get so pissed off bro, that whole Joan Jett rant was a big fucking tongue in cheek rant, just to get you going, he didn't really mean that shit, don't feed into it, or he will keep doing it!

Actually, I meant every letter of every syllable of every word of every sentence of that entire paragraph, and I couldn't care less if he replies to it, or not. It galls me to see a hack like Joan Jett listed by those blowhards at Rolling Stone as the "87th Best Guitarist of All Time" when that publication has even less credibility than People or US. Their ridiculous "list" ignores such highly influential players as Gary Moore, who could do more with a guitar using two fingers than Jett could manage with both hands, yet fools buying into moronic mainstream garbage like Rolling Stone, will undoubtedly spout crap from it like it's the Bible. I'm well aware no one has used that example... yet, but I'm certain it would've been dredged up somewhere along the line. Just thought I'd head that one off before anyone could attempt to use its cockamamie bullshit logic as a feather in Jett's cap. Trust me - Rolling Stone is as big a joke as the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. And no, I don't really get a kick out of arguing anymore; it's just that when someone asserts something so obviously silly, I find it hard not to take umbrage. It's not even remotely about winning an argument - it's about hoping common sense and logic keeps anyone from getting the notion that Joan Jett is worthy of mention alongside the likes of Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Deep Purple. Enough of this Joan Jett is God bullshit. Please, for the love of common sense.

Um... wow. :blink:

All I'm gonna say is that I like Joan Jett, tho honestly I could give a f*ck about whether or not she gets into the Hall of Fame... cuz I don't give a f*ck about the Hall of Fame.

That's all.

:gone:

Hey I like Joan Jett also, I also enjoy Rhianna, and Flo-rida, and by all means that doesn't make them even remotely good, Joan Jett IS NOT GOOD!! unfortunately I do like a few of her songs, but as far as her guitar playing, it's pretty funny that's about the way I hear it, funny!!

• 1 month later...

... but where the hell did you work with Barnes at??

He was working IT support in an office I worked in a couple of years ago ... he's still good mates with Tony Dolan, and was pleasantly surprised when I told him I was a fan :)

Why hasn't anyone raised the question of why far more influential bands such as Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. haven't been inducted by that sham Hall of Fame before Metallica, G 'N' R, etc.? I've said it before and I'll say it again - that moronic Hall is nothing more than a complete joke, run by a pack of jerks intent on following their agenda of inducting their own personal favorites while ignoring acts, who've had way more of an influence on latter day artists. They put the shitcart before the horse, and ninnies addicted to mainstream media bullshit buy into it. To even suggest Joan Jett has been more influential than the 4 acts I mentioned (along with scores of others) is ridiculous, yet braindead fools in mainstream media will NEVER answer that charge. Any one of those four bands have influenced 100 times the number of people than the vast majority of the poop inducted into that bastardized "shrine." Once and for all - the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is a joke - period! Please stop carrying on as if induction into its less-than-deserving ranks is some major achievement.

Great post. These awards are completely worthless and it's shameful that they are allowed to have the moniker "Hall of Fame".

Joan Jett most certainly does deserve to be in The Hall of Fame just as much as Priest, Rush, and Maiden. Deep Purple is the only one you listed that I feel should be in before Joan Jett. Joan has influenced a ton of artist for over 35 years now. Interesting that you picked Joan Jett to make your argument since see was only nominated, not inducted.

If being lumped in with over-hyped fluff is the criteria for induction, then I agree with Joan Jett's nomination 100%. Seeing as her career consists of being a member of a joke act in The Runaways and one fluke Top 40 hit, which she didn't even write, I might add, then I fail to see this massive influence she allegedly has on latter day acts. Who? Who of note has she influenced? You're trying to tell me she influenced just as many performers as the likes of Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest???? Suggesting she has as much musical influence as masters of their instruments like Lee, Lifeson and Peart???? Okay, now that you've given us our hysterical laughter fit of the day, can we talk common sense? Please point out which innovations she introduced to the genre she played in; the massive sold-out, large venue tours she wowed the world with year after year. Even by the lowly, bottom-of-the-barrel standards set by the likes of People Magazine, after the fluke hit, which is as shitty a song as any ever recorded BTW, her career flamed-out awfully damn quick. If her main influence is that she fronted a band as a "gurl", then that doesn't hold water either - the Wilson sisters and Chrissie Hynde, and to a degree, Stevie Nicks, absolutely dwarfed your claim of her claim to that title. It must be nice lauding a performer, who sneaks into another act's dressing room and pisses on a guitar because that band of respected musos finds her crappy music so terrible that they laugh their asses off while watching her joke of a band perform. The Runaways were considered a joke in the music business, and they were - only die-hard fans with blinders on would state otherwise. On top of that, she's a shit guitarist; certainly not even worthy of mention amongst the all-time greats (or even the third or fourth tier ranked, for that matter). Joan Jett & The Blackhearts may be your personal fave, but let's be realistic - to put forth that their minimal, tepid output even holds a candle to the 4 heavyweight acts I mentioned, is ludicrous at best. Rah rah; wave the pom poms, but come on - who the hell are you trying to kid? Refute if you must, but seriously, offer up hard evidence apart from the lonely opinion of one starry-eyed fan. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Not sure how I missed this one...

Nice bunch of uneducated babble... I'm not going to go into each and every point you attempted to make. But...

Just so you know... Joan Jett has had 9 songs go higher that #40 on the Billboard charts.Three being top 10 songs... one hit the top spot. Just to compare... Rush had 1 (ONE) song on Billboards top 40. Deep Purple had 3 song chart in the top 40. Not sure any of the bands you listed ever had a #1 hit.

Joan Jett also was one of two females on the Rolling Stone list of the top 100 guitarist of all time. She ranked ahead of Angus Young and was one spot behind Tony Iommi.

If you don't like Joan Jett... then fine. But at least educate yourself a bit on her accomplishments before spouting off.

Nice bunch of uneducated babble... I'm not going to go into each and every point you attempted to make. But...

Just so you know... Joan Jett has had 9 songs go higher that #40 on the Billboard charts.Three being top 10 songs... one hit the top spot. Just to compare... Rush had 1 (ONE) song on Billboards top 40. Deep Purple had 3 song chart in the top 40. Not sure any of the bands you listed ever had a #1 hit.

Joan Jett also was one of two females on the Rolling Stone list of the top 100 guitarist of all time. She ranked ahead of Angus Young and was one spot behind Tony Iommi.

If you don't like Joan Jett... then fine. But at least educate yourself a bit on her accomplishments before spouting off.

Hit singles? Therein lies the problem. Singles are slop force fed to radio by the suits and ties at the record companies, aimed at the lowest common denominator. People, who praise singles have no idea of the concept of an album of songs. They listen to one track off an album and call themself a fan. Disco Duck was a hit single - does that make it quality? Achy Breaky Heart was a hit single - need I go on? And using Rolling Stone as a source of reference is ridiculous, at best. That mainstream rag is about as clueless as it gets. Joan Jett is mediocre as a guitar player; to mention her as a guitarist in the same breath as Young & Iommi is laughable. Her musical ability is nowhere close to the talent of guitar players in the bands I listed. Jett compares to Blackmore?????? Geez, dream on, pal. Gary Moore played in many different genres for many years - he was a dazzling performer, whose ability influenced scores of guitarists, yet your lauded Rolling Stone ranks him lower than Joan Jett? That there tells you what a joke that for shit magazine is. I'm educated, all right - you however, ought to take off the Jett blinders. Every statement you make concerning her ability next to much more proficient artists proves you to be a fool at every turn. Seriously, musicians everywhere would tell you she's a joke compared to the performers I've mentioned. Live with it.

Hit singles? Therein lies the problem. Singles are slop force fed to radio by the suits and ties at the record companies, aimed at the lowest common denominator. People, who praise singles have no idea of the concept of an album of songs. They listen to one track off an album and call themself a fan. Disco Duck was a hit single - does that make it quality? Achy Breaky Heart was a hit single - need I go on? And using Rolling Stone as a source of reference is ridiculous, at best. That mainstream rag is about as clueless as it gets. Joan Jett is mediocre as a guitar player; to mention her as a guitarist in the same breath as Young & Iommi is laughable. Her musical ability is nowhere close to the talent of guitar players in the bands I listed. Jett compares to Blackmore?????? Geez, dream on, pal. Gary Moore played in many different genres for many years - he was a dazzling performer, whose ability influenced scores of guitarists, yet your lauded Rolling Stone ranks him lower than Joan Jett? That there tells you what a joke that for shit magazine is. I'm educated, all right - you however, ought to take off the Jett blinders. Every statement you make concerning her ability next to much more proficient artists proves you to be a fool at every turn. Seriously, musicians everywhere would tell you she's a joke compared to the performers I've mentioned. Live with it.

The only joke is your lack of knowledge to the Joan Jett musical legacy.

Fact is she has had a career in music for well over 35 years... she must be doing something right. Hundereds of artists respect her body of work over those 35 plus years. It is impressive enough that she has even been nominated.

I've got nothing at all against any of the artists that you listed to make your arguements with. In fact, I agree that each of those is a worthy pick for the H-O-F. Just seems a little weird to me that you would target Joan Jett when artist like Laura Nyro (who?) , DJ Fontana, The Ink Spots, Brenda Lee, and Dusty Springfield are already in the Hall Of Fame.

Fact is she has had a career in music for well over 35 years... she must be doing something right. Hundereds of artists respect her body of work over those 35 plus years. It is impressive enough that she has even been nominated.

I've got nothing at all against any of the artists that you listed to make your arguements with. In fact, I agree that each of those is a worthy pick for the H-O-F. Just seems a little weird to me that you would target Joan Jett when artist like Laura Nyro (who?) , DJ Fontana, The Ink Spots, Brenda Lee, and Dusty Springfield are already in the Hall Of Fame.

Legacy? Joan Jett?? Hundreds of artists respect her??? Let's see some research on that statement. Name 20; name 10, name 1. The handful of artists that tried to put together the lone tribute album of The Runaways material weren't shown any appreciation by Jett in the slightest; in fact, she launched a lawsuit to block it. How much "respect" do you suppose those performers have for her now? Again, being nominated for that sham Hall of Fame is no accomplishment. The enshrinement of the artists you mentioned reinforces this in one breath, but in the previous one, you clamor that Jett's nomination is impressive. That's a contradiction. Jett is a lightweight - unworthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the heavyweights. Her brand of rock is simplistic, poppy fluff; her faux tough act about as phony as it gets. And let's be realistic here, the musicianship of Jett and her Blackhearts pales in comparison to the acts I've mentioned. Blackmore, Morse, Lifeson, Murray, Smith, Gers, Tipton, and Downing can play circles around Jett and Ricky Byrd. In fact, Byrd's "solo" on Jett's fluke, written-by-someone-else hit is an embarrassment. That insipid song is the poster child for garbage latched on to by mainstream media and lauded as quality when it's simply a piece of posturing crap. Are you seriously including The Runaways as part of this "legacy" of Jett's? They were a gimmick, foisted upon the world by Kim Fowley; less than a joke, cranking out pitiful, pathetic teeny athem dreck of zero quality. You are aware that one of Fowley's requirements for putting that band together was the ability of the performers to fake orgasms during shows? It's fact - research it if you don't believe it. Wow! What a talent to leave as part of one's legacy. Can't recall Blackmore or Lifeson ever being required to do that. Praise her if you must, but let's be realistic here - her talent pales in comparison to the much more talented performers I've mentioned. THAT'S what annoys me. People buying into bullshit pushed by mainstream crap like Rolling Stone. I'm surprised you didn't mention something about MTV singing her praises about something or other. I guess you find it humorous that she snuck into Rush's dressing room and pissed on one of Alex Lifeson's guitars, too, huh? The joke's on you - Lifeson is 10 times the guitar player she could even dream of being. Anyway, amuse me with more of your cheerleading if you must.

Legacy? Joan Jett?? Hundreds of artists respect her??? Let's see some research on that statement. Name 20; name 10, name 1. The handful of artists that tried to put together the lone tribute album of The Runaways material weren't shown any appreciation by Jett in the slightest; in fact, she launched a lawsuit to block it. How much "respect" do you suppose those performers have for her now? Again, being nominated for that sham Hall of Fame is no accomplishment. The enshrinement of the artists you mentioned reinforces this in one breath, but in the previous one, you clamor that Jett's nomination is impressive. That's a contradiction. Jett is a lightweight - unworthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the heavyweights. Her brand of rock is simplistic, poppy fluff; her faux tough act about as phony as it gets. And let's be realistic here, the musicianship of Jett and her Blackhearts pales in comparison to the acts I've mentioned. Blackmore, Morse, Lifeson, Murray, Smith, Gers, Tipton, and Downing can play circles around Jett and Ricky Byrd. In fact, Byrd's "solo" on Jett's fluke, written-by-someone-else hit is an embarrassment. That insipid song is the poster child for garbage latched on to by mainstream media and lauded as quality when it's simply a piece of posturing crap. Are you seriously including The Runaways as part of this "legacy" of Jett's? They were a gimmick, foisted upon the world by Kim Fowley; less than a joke, cranking out pitiful, pathetic teeny athem dreck of zero quality. You are aware that one of Fowley's requirements for putting that band together was the ability of the performers to fake orgasms during shows? It's fact - research it if you don't believe it. Wow! What a talent to leave as part of one's legacy. Can't recall Blackmore or Lifeson ever being required to do that. Praise her if you must, but let's be realistic here - her talent pales in comparison to the much more talented performers I've mentioned. THAT'S what annoys me. People buying into bullshit pushed by mainstream crap like Rolling Stone. I'm surprised you didn't mention something about MTV singing her praises about something or other. I guess you find it humorous that she snuck into Rush's dressing room and pissed on one of Alex Lifeson's guitars, too, huh? The joke's on you - Lifeson is 10 times the guitar player she could even dream of being. Anyway, amuse me with more of your cheerleading if you must.

Well... Cat is out of the bag. You, being a RUSH fanboy, are upset with her for supposedly sneaking into Rush's dressing room and pissing on one of Alex Lifeson's guitars. That was over 30 years ago and you are still talking about her. Keep on posting... It is great to see Joan Jett mentioned here on HH.

Well... that so called gimmick of Fowley's included members who even after The Runaways demise continued on to sell millions of albums worldwide. The Runaways ended because there was too much talent to be controlled by Fowley's "gimmick". Yeah I know.. Lita Ford has no talent either. Then add Michael Steele (The Bangles) to the mix... Once Steele joined The Bangles they reached superstardom.. prior to that they toyed areound California playing small clubs.

Oh... and Priest and the gay biker looker wasn't a gimmick? Hmmm.. Remember Eddie... not a gimmick? KISS with make-up... yeah that made them play better.

You really should channel some of you negetivity in a possitive way. Maybe something good could come out of it.

• My Little Pony

Well... Cat is out of the bag. You, being a RUSH fanboy, are upset with her for supposedly sneaking into Rush's dressing room and pissing on one of Alex Lifeson's guitars. That was over 30 years ago and you are still talking about her. Keep on posting... It is great to see Joan Jett mentioned here on HH.

Well... that so called gimmick of Fowley's included members who even after The Runaways demise continued on to sell millions of albums worldwide. The Runaways ended because there was too much talent to be controlled by Fowley's "gimmick". Yeah I know.. Lita Ford has no talent either. Then add Michael Steele (The Bangles) to the mix... Once Steele joined The Bangles they reached superstardom.. prior to that they toyed areound California playing small clubs.

Oh... and Priest and the gay biker looker wasn't a gimmick? Hmmm.. Remember Eddie... not a gimmick? KISS with make-up... yeah that made them play better.

You really should channel some of you negetivity in a possitive way. Maybe something good could come out of it.

I f**king love this thread!

:popcorn:

Rush fanboy? Upset about Jett's childish antic of yesteryear? Hardly, on both counts. I AM a Rush fan, but not rabidly addicted to their music - although its complexity is something Ms. Jett couldn't accomplish in her wildest dreams. Why would I be upset about her moronic act of pissing on a guitar; I merely pointed it out - SHE was the dolt that actually did it, so it IS history, and its foolishness deserves mentioning from a historical perspective. Lita Ford DOES have talent as a matter of fact - her guitar skills are certainly more impressive than her former bandmate. Strange how Jett and Cherie Currie reduced her role in the lame movie about the band to a mere unimportant side player, but I suppose that's okay to a Jett cheerleader, huh? Distorting history, as well as sweeping it under the rug. Tut, tut, tut. Not exactly playing cricket with Lita is Dear Joanie, eh? As for The Bangles reference, who cares? Pop nonsense like that is on par in its unimpressiveness with The Runaways. Yeah, I'll bet Jett DID sell a few million albums through radio play on lame AM stations - no doubt bought by gullible saps spending their money for a 10 track album to listen to the one shitty single they heard on the radio. The gullibility of radio-listeners never ceases to amaze me. Yet, without major radio airplay, fans of Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple bought millions more albums without benefit of shitty "hit singles", and their fans actually listen to entire albums, rather than one crappy, radio-oriented track. Ergo, their fans are much more informed than the piddling amount of Jett supporters out there.

I've never heard a single person state that their attraction to Judas Priest is based upon Halford's stage attire. Strange that you would mention that. I'll go out on a limb here and voice my opinion that Priest's popularity was based upon their powerful, hard-driving sound, rather than Halford's stage persona. A gimmick? Hardly. As for Iron Maiden's use of Eddie, his presence on the first album cover led to the character's popularity, but did that character actually drum up more fan support than the actual music? Don't be ridiculous. Eddie is secondary to anything Iron Maiden have done musically. Artwork as an attention-grabbing gimmick over thirty years of actual music? Seriously, think before making a claim like that - it could drastically lessen your affliction of Head-Up-The-Arse disease. And where did I ever mention KISS in any previous statement? Not a big KISS fan - I've gone through their entire catalog, and only found about 20 or so tracks I'd play a second time. Incredibly awful lyrics don't help their standing with me any. As for the make-up aspect, well, THAT'S a gimmick I never gave a shit about - doesn't do jack shit for me. And what, pray tell, is Rush's gimmick? Intricate, proficient musicianship? Shame on them. That's not playing fair with those lesser-talented souls left in their wake. Imagine that - being so incredibly talented at playing their instrument of choice that scores of people voice their appreciation of that ability. So many people have lauded Neil Peart's skill as a drummer to the extent that he rates consideration as the greatest drummer ever. Yet, a hack publication like Rolling Stone ridiculously puffs up Joan Jett with their lonely assertion of her skill in a moronic list, and you pop a boner over it. Funny stuff.

"You really should channel some of you negetivity in a possitive way"

The writer in me could go up one side and down the other about this one, but I'll let it fester on its own merits (or great lack thereof). My opinion of Joan Jett is not negative to me in the slightest, as I'm positive that all my assertions set forth ring true. YOU view them as negative because they slight your idol; I'm positive that they piss you off. Mission accomplished. Get angry; boil over; type back yet another feeble response. I find it humorous. I don't especially go searching for conflict, but there ain't a hope in hell I'll compromise my stance. I'll say it again - Joan Jett DOES NOT deserve the same lofty status as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and Rush for the reasons I've set forth. TTFN.

Mr. Axe:

Just for your knowledge... The "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" release featured 2 top 10 songs. There aren't many Rock acts that have duplicated that feat. Her "Up Your Alley' release featured a top 10 and top 20 song. Looks like that is a bit more than a "one hit wonder". Seems as there were a lot of people who listened to the album as a whole. There aren't many Rock acts that have duplicated that feat.

Again, pushing hit singles, as if that's THE measuring stick for quality. No comment about how Jett and Currie used their input to diminish Ford's contributions (actually, ignore them completely) in the movie? Care to address that one? I'm waiting with baited breath to see how you can put a positive spin on that one whilst condoning your idol's gutless and glory-grabbing motive behind that little bit o' backstabbing. I keep bringing valid questions to the table, and you continue your hilarious, two-chord groove of, "hit singles" and "Rolling Stone". You must be the only person in existence, who has said, "Top 40; Top 20; Top 10", more than Casey Kasem. Cue your response, "But she had hit singles. She made an indisputable Rolling Stone list." That two-chord groove is a-riffin' again.

OK getting this thread back on track, about Axl Rose and His being a douche... I Saw this today.....

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-roses-bans-slash-t-shirts-guns-n-213123025.html

Apparently, If you wear a Slash T-shirt to a G-n-R show, you will be forced to remove it or be denied entry......

What a complete and total douche!!! :2up:

Again, pushing hit singles, as if that's THE measuring stick for quality. No comment about how Jett and Currie used their input to diminish Ford's contributions (actually, ignore them completely) in the movie? Care to address that one? I'm waiting with baited breath to see how you can put a positive spin on that one whilst condoning your idol's gutless and glory-grabbing motive behind that little bit o' backstabbing. I keep bringing valid questions to the table, and you continue your hilarious, two-chord groove of, "hit singles" and "Rolling Stone". You must be the only person in existence, who has said, "Top 40; Top 20; Top 10", more than Casey Kasem. Cue your response, "But she had hit singles. She made an indisputable Rolling Stone list." That two-chord groove is a-riffin' again.

Just using those charts to point out that her albums were deeper than a hit single. As far as the movie goes... who cares? Do you think that movie was 100% accurate? As far as Lita goes... she contributed very little to song writting in the Runaways.

I'm pretty much done on this topic since it is hard to argue with someones "opinion"... which is all you have brought to this thread.

Those charts pointed out nothing. Kind of mystified as to what it is you think they pointed out. As far as the movie goes... it DOES matter that Jett used her influence over the production to diminish Lita Ford as if she were a mere session player or flunky. Cut the bullshit, pal. You condone Jett's glory-grabbing, hogging of the limelight as if it isn't a dirty pool tactic simply because she's your beloved idol. Who cares, my ass!!! As if Joan Jett can change historical events just by her say so and receive a free pass. She can lie through her teeth with her input on a screenplay, and you consider that sickening display of dishonesty as a worthwhile trait? Your feeble argument lost any credibility it had right there. Jett proved herself a grandstanding liar by shaping the screenplay to make herself appear so much higher in stature above Ford, and it's pathetic that you brush it off with a "who cares" attitude. It's history, son, and Joan Jett's posturing and re-shaping it to make herself look better, can't change it as much as she tries to make people believe otherwise. She deliberately misled viewers of that film through distorting history with outright lies. Spin it any way you like, but the fact remains what she did was wrong. Your defense of her behavior speaks volumes - none of it positive. Yeah, you're pretty much done, all right. Your opinion consists of defending her abhorant behavior for the lamest of reasons. If you can't even answer the charges without resorting to sweeping them under the rug, or ignoring them entirely (which is what you've done), then you've merely helped to prove my point on the matter. You lose, Buckwheat.

• My Little Pony

OK getting this thread back on track, about Axl Rose and His being a douche... I Saw this today.....

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-roses-bans-slash-t-shirts-guns-n-213123025.html

Apparently, If you wear a Slash T-shirt to a G-n-R show, you will be forced to remove it or be denied entry......

How old is that kid? I wonder. Some people have to learn the hard way, but you know he'll never waste money on an Axl Rose concert. Can we really even call them "concerts?" They're more like "let's-spend-our-good-hard-earned-money-and-see-if-Axl-even-shows-up-and/or-the-band-remembers-how-to-play-the-songs events."

I have absolutely no respect for the man.

Those charts pointed out nothing. Kind of mystified as to what it is you think they pointed out. As far as the movie goes... it DOES matter that Jett used her influence over the production to diminish Lita Ford as if she were a mere session player or flunky. Cut the bullshit, pal. You condone Jett's glory-grabbing, hogging of the limelight as if it isn't a dirty pool tactic simply because she's your beloved idol. Who cares, my ass!!! As if Joan Jett can change historical events just by her say so and receive a free pass. She can lie through her teeth with her input on a screenplay, and you consider that sickening display of dishonesty as a worthwhile trait? Your feeble argument lost any credibility it had right there. Jett proved herself a grandstanding liar by shaping the screenplay to make herself appear so much higher in stature above Ford, and it's pathetic that you brush it off with a "who cares" attitude. It's history, son, and Joan Jett's posturing and re-shaping it to make herself look better, can't change it as much as she tries to make people believe otherwise. She deliberately misled viewers of that film through distorting history with outright lies. Spin it any way you like, but the fact remains what she did was wrong. Your defense of her behavior speaks volumes - none of it positive. Yeah, you're pretty much done, all right. Your opinion consists of defending her abhorant behavior for the lamest of reasons. If you can't even answer the charges without resorting to sweeping them under the rug, or ignoring them entirely (which is what you've done), then you've merely helped to prove my point on the matter. You lose, Buckwheat.

Dude... nobody that saw the movie (however few) believe that it is 100% factual. If you do... you are dumber than I thought. Nuff said!

http://music.yahoo.c...-213123025.html

Yeah, I had to go look to see what theread I was really in.