Yet another reason Axl Rose is a complete douche....

Dark Star

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the Michael Bolton singing was sarcasm, and we have seen what a good vocalist Axl is, since his band members have changed, he done any good albums? you guys a fan of his new stuff? I rest my case, GNR was the music, they still are, and I will bet you they find a different singer, and still make a solid album, how was that Chinese Democracy??

I really like Chinese Democracy. Overly glossy for sure but there are some incredibly strong songs on it. I think people are trying too hard to hate this one. I've heard it's on the shelf at some dollar stores. Can't for the life of me understand why fans of the genre would turn their back on it for a buck or two. One man's poison... I guess.

As far as Axl himself? What can be said that hasn't been already? Anyway you slice though he is still the voice of GNR. Just watch the HOF vid. Myles Kennedy sounds great as does the band. But it still sounds like Myles Kennedy doing a guest spot on a GNR tune.

All these bands throwing their bitchy little hissy fits; GNR, Great White, LA Guns, Dokken. It's pathetic. IMHO it's the perfect sequel to the Decline of Western Civilization. I'm just waiting for the day Chickenfoot dumpsters their name and starts booking dates as Van Halen.

Did the hall actually put Gilby's name in? Riding coattails anyone....:rofl2: Thought Axl claimed the guy was not even an official member so he was never in official band photos? :popcorn:

No Gilby was a guest only and not inducted kind of like Metallica with Ron McGovney. Gilby only played on the covers disc but he was in the band for the majority of the Illusion tour and last I think 4 years before being replaced by Paul Huge.

Of course the Michael Bolton singing was sarcasm, and we have seen what a good vocalist Axl is, since his band members have changed, he done any good albums? you guys a fan of his new stuff? I rest my case, GNR was the music, they still are, and I will bet you they find a different singer, and still make a solid album, how was that Chinese Democracy??

I prefer Slash's Snakepit albums and even more so the new stuff with Myles and hope that the new disc coming next month is even better. Chinese is a great album IMO but I would never compare to the classic lineup stuff as it's more of Axl's vision but for what it is I love it but it doesn't touch Appetite.

Actually yes. Other than Appetite, Democracy is my favorite Guns album.

Well, geez, it ain't like they have a particularly extensive catalog to choose from...

Well, geez, it ain't like they have a particularly extensive catalog to choose from...

True enough but it does say alot about how much I enjoyed Democracy. I pick it over both Illusion albums, Lies & the Covers album. Appetite cannot be touch imo...ever.

I liked the Snakepit cd with that jam Mean Bone, now that shit rocks, and who was that vocalist, that dude can sing!!

Why hasn't anyone raised the question of why far more influential bands such as Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. haven't been inducted by that sham Hall of Fame before Metallica, G 'N' R, etc.? I've said it before and I'll say it again - that moronic Hall is nothing more than a complete joke, run by a pack of jerks intent on following their agenda of inducting their own personal favorites while ignoring acts, who've had way more of an influence on latter day artists. They put the shitcart before the horse, and ninnies addicted to mainstream media bullshit buy into it. To even suggest Joan Jett has been more influential than the 4 acts I mentioned (along with scores of others) is ridiculous, yet braindead fools in mainstream media will NEVER answer that charge. Any one of those four bands have influenced 100 times the number of people than the vast majority of the poop inducted into that bastardized "shrine." Once and for all - the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is a joke - period! Please stop carrying on as if induction into its less-than-deserving ranks is some major achievement.

I liked the Snakepit cd with that jam Mean Bone, now that shit rocks, and who was that vocalist, that dude can sing!!

Rod Jackson was his name and I'm not sure if he's done a damn thing before or since. Slash didn't speak to highly of that lineup in that book but I loved that disc and still play it often.

Why hasn't anyone raised the question of why far more influential bands such as Rush, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. haven't been inducted by that sham Hall of Fame before Metallica, G 'N' R, etc.? I've said it before and I'll say it again - that moronic Hall is nothing more than a complete joke, run by a pack of jerks intent on following their agenda of inducting their own personal favorites while ignoring acts, who've had way more of an influence on latter day artists. They put the shitcart before the horse, and ninnies addicted to mainstream media bullshit buy into it. To even suggest Joan Jett has been more influential than the 4 acts I mentioned (along with scores of others) is ridiculous, yet braindead fools in mainstream media will NEVER answer that charge. Any one of those four bands have influenced 100 times the number of people than the vast majority of the poop inducted into that bastardized "shrine." Once and for all - the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is a joke - period! Please stop carrying on as if induction into its less-than-deserving ranks is some major achievement.

James Hetfield and Steven Adler both made comments about many of those bands in their induction speech.

yeah why the fuck hasnt VENOM been inducted! it's a fucking conspiracy!!!

:agree:

Great post. These awards are completely worthless and it's shameful that they are allowed to have the moniker "Hall of Fame".

To be honest, I'd prefer NOT to see Venom inducted - they're already acknowledged by bands and fans alike as a major influence, so do they really need a pat on the back from some awarding body that none of us really give two hooots about? Would it really make a blind bit of difference to how they're seen by the rest of the music industry?

That said, I'd LOVE to hear Cronos' acceptance speech ... delivered in his broad Geordie accent! :headbanger:

Great post. These awards are completely worthless and it's shameful that they are allowed to have the moniker "Hall of Fame".

'Hall Of Whoever The Suits Have Actually Heard Of'

To be honest, I'd prefer NOT to see Venom inducted - they're already acknowledged by bands and fans alike as a major influence, so do they really need a pat on the back from some awarding body that none of us really give two hooots about? Would it really make a blind bit of difference to how they're seen by the rest of the music industry?

That said, I'd LOVE to hear Cronos' acceptance speech ... delivered in his broad Geordie accent! :headbanger:

Im sorry Gibbo, that was being posted with HUGE!! Sarcasm, no I do not believe Cronos would even show up if they were inducted, he already basically made about as big of a joke anyone could possibly make over Metallica being inducted, and you know if for whatever reason they were inducted, the only reason they would show up, would be in jest, you know Cronos would get up there, make a sarcastic joke aimed towards Henry Rollins, possibly another towards Metallica, and then tell everyone how he couldn't wait to get home and wipe his ass with whatever awards they were giving him, then possibly play the most ear ringing, spine breaking, obnoxious version of Black Metal he has ever played, never mind, I would love nothing more then to see Venom show up at a trendy, well publicized, and heavily viewed event, just to see the peoples faces when they broke into Black Metal, Teachers Pet, Flytrap, or Acid Queen, that would be worth anything I could give to have Venom crash the MTV Music Awards, or to ruin The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! That's what I think!!!

Im sorry Gibbo, that was being posted with HUGE!! Sarcasm, no I do not believe Cronos would even show up if they were inducted, he already basically made about as big of a joke anyone could possibly make over Metallica being inducted, and you know if for whatever reason they were inducted, the only reason they would show up, would be in jest, you know Cronos would get up there, make a sarcastic joke aimed towards Henry Rollins, possibly another towards Metallica, and then tell everyone how he couldn't wait to get home and wipe his ass with whatever awards they were giving him, then possibly play the most ear ringing, spine breaking, obnoxious version of Black Metal he has ever played, never mind, I would love nothing more then to see Venom show up at a trendy, well publicized, and heavily viewed event, just to see the peoples faces when they broke into Black Metal, Teachers Pet, Flytrap, or Acid Queen, that would be worth anything I could give to have Venom crash the MTV Music Awards, or to ruin The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! That's what I think!!!

That would be brilliant! I used to work with Al Barnes (who played on some of the later, Tony Dolan-era Venom albums) ... it was all I could do not to turn into a dribbling fanboy ... never mind that the later albums have been completely ignored - the guy played with VENOM! :headbanger:

As an aside, I saw an awards ceremony where The KLF (remember them?) came onstage with Extreme Noise Terror and murdered 'What Time Is Love?' ... before whipping out some replica machine pistols and firing blanks over the heads of the suits in the audience ... live television at its best :)

As an aside, I saw an awards ceremony where The KLF (remember them?) came onstage with Extreme Noise Terror and murdered 'What Time Is Love?' ... before whipping out some replica machine pistols and firing blanks over the heads of the suits in the audience ... live television at its best :)

I didn't see that. Is that because I was too young? ;)

BTW, I would rather see The KLF get a Hall of Fame award than Axl ***kin' Rose! :angry:

I didn't see that. Is that because I was too young? ;)

Har-de-har-har! You wait until you're my age, you oung whippersnapper!

Joan Jett most certainly does deserve to be in The Hall of Fame just as much as Priest, Rush, and Maiden. Deep Purple is the only one you listed that I feel should be in before Joan Jett. Joan has influenced a ton of artist for over 35 years now. Interesting that you picked Joan Jett to make your argument since see was only nominated, not inducted.

• My Little Pony

Joan Jett most certainly does deserve to be in The Hall of Fame just as much as Priest, Rush, and Maiden. Deep Purple is the only one you listed that I feel should be in before Joan Jett. Joan has influenced a ton of artist for over 35 years now. Interesting that you picked Joan Jett to make your argument since see was only nominated, not inducted.

I was wondering when you would show up.

:popcorn: