Yet another reason Axl Rose is a complete douche....

Dark Star

Apparently Axl will NOT attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when Guns and Roses get inducted.. He penned a nice Open Letter about it too,which was posted on Blabbermouth....

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172503

What a complete douche.... :screwy:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh... (shakes head)

For maximum effect, he should've done what Marlon Brando did at the Academy Awards... sent a strange woman to accept his award on his behalf, and have her read that long rambling letter at the ceremony.

I actually can't stand Axl Rose, but anyone throwing a monkey wrench into the plans of that sham called the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is making a great decision in my book. The R & R HoF is a joke; has always been a joke, and always will be a joke. It is run by a group of snobby, elitist assholes, whose agenda is inducting their own personal favorites, dictated by sales and over-hyped publicity by mainstream media. It's about time someone gave them the finger they so richly deserve. I wouldn't have worded it so nicely; my directive to that bullshit organization would've been 3 short and sweet words - "Go fuck yourself!" Hall of Fame, my ass.

Does he think it's 1989? What's with the self-importance? Is he actually worth anything to a major label anymore?

What doesn't make sense to me (legitimacy of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame aside) is that he hints that the 'real/current' line up is the one that should be inducted. Maybe they should for releasing on the biggest flops and slap of a face of an album to the fans after such a long wait and backing it up with gigs that are either cut short, canceled or so badly performed that they should be adding 'Stonehenge' to the setlist.

Dee Snider blasts Axl Rose over Hall of Fame snub

April 12, 2012, 3:23 PM EST

WENN

Twisted Sister star Dee Snider has slammed Axl Rose for snubbing his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, saying the Guns N' Roses frontman is "screwed up."

Rose has written to officials at the Hall of Fame, declining the induction and revealing he won't be attending Saturday's gala in Cleveland. Rose's stand has annoyed rocker-turned-radio host and TV personality Snider. Interviewing Rose's former bandmate Slash at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards in Los Angeles on Wednesday, Snider said, "Someone just told me that it's official, Axl is not gonna sing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and I said it's crap. I said, if he can't put this stuff aside for an event like that, for a recognition like that, to do the cool thing, and just in respect of what you guys have done, I think it's totally screwed up."

Bing: Axl Rose Rock Hall controversy

Slash refused to comment on Rose's decision not to attend the Hall of Fame ceremony, but added, "I'll be there."

In his letter to officials at the museum, Rose stated that his decision was "personal" and added that the induction honor had left him in an awkward position.

More: Photos of this year's inductees

He wrote, "This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. ... Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' scenario all the way around."

Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum are expected to take the stage after Green Day inducts Guns N' Roses into the Hall of Fame on Saturday night. The class of 2012 inductees also includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, the Faces and the Small Faces, Laura Nyro and Donovan.

In his open letter which is hilarious in the amount of weasley comments he makes, what struck me as the biggest laugh is

"So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. "

Then why the fuck does he cling like a drowning man to the Guns n Roses name??? Fuck sake it hasn't been GnR since the overblown and over hyped Use Your Illusion debacle. Nob!

He'll probably havbe a rant now about all the people on the internet who leave posts like this because you're not allowed to disagree with him...is it okay if I type your name Axl or will that result in a court ruling against me for infringement of copyright?? Fuck me talk about yesterdays man. It kind of makes me laugh that GnR are being inducted if truth be known one great E.P. and follow up album then mediocrity and disappointment from that point onwards with an ocassional spark of what made them great - hardly recommendation for induction into the HOF in my opinion.

In his open letter which is hilarious in the amount of weasley comments he makes, what struck me as the biggest laugh is

"So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. "

Then why the fuck does he cling like a drowning man to the Guns n Roses name??? Fuck sake it hasn't been GnR since the overblown and over hyped Use Your Illusion debacle. Nob!

He'll probably havbe a rant now about all the people on the internet who leave posts like this because you're not allowed to disagree with him...is it okay if I type your name Axl or will that result in a court ruling against me for infringement of copyright?? Fuck me talk about yesterdays man. It kind of makes me laugh that GnR are being inducted if truth be known one great E.P. and follow up album then mediocrity and disappointment from that point onwards with an ocassional spark of what made them great - hardly recommendation for induction into the HOF in my opinion.

Well spoken, mate ! Exactly my thoughts ..... ! Besides that AR is a fuckin' jerk !!

I think the quality of work speaks for itself, so hes not fooling anybody! hes a douche, and is irrelevant, he just is trying to save his already fledgeling career!

Not to digress from the topic at hand but I HARDLY think the Use Your Illusion releases were anything near a debacle. Quite the opposite for me. Sure, they were not Appetite but talk about a band that grew, expanded and tried some things...I only wish they could have held it together to see what they could have become. Maybe they would have come full circle back to Appetite, maybe they would have expanded more, tested waters and alienated more Appetite fans. We'll never know.

On topic...Axl needs to have his meds checked. Not so much for the hall of fame rant but really, it seems every other member of that band can hold it together long enough to share the stage for a few minutes, say no comment when appropriate, etc.

Not to digress from the topic at hand but I HARDLY think the Use Your Illusion releases were anything near a debacle. Quite the opposite for me. Sure, they were not Appetite but talk about a band that grew, expanded and tried some things...I only wish they could have held it together to see what they could have become. Maybe they would have come full circle back to Appetite, maybe they would have expanded more, tested waters and alienated more Appetite fans. We'll never know.

On topic...Axl needs to have his meds checked. Not so much for the hall of fame rant but really, it seems every other member of that band can hold it together long enough to share the stage for a few minutes, say no comment when appropriate, etc.

I will take it a step further and say that ALL of their albums were great. Still, he is definitely a douche.

I agree. The Illusion albums were awesome and I still play them several times a year. Sure they were diff than Appetite but there was a huge amount of growth. The only tune I hate is My World.

I agree. The Illusion albums were awesome and I still play them several times a year. Sure they were diff than Appetite but there was a huge amount of growth. The only tune I hate is My World.

Absolutely love the Illusion albums. Definately a progression and I liked it alot. :party421:

Absolutely love the Illusion albums. Definately a progression and I liked it alot. :party421:

Illusion albums=Mafia Approved

Illusion albums=Mafia Approved

Excellent :tumbsup:

Yeah, I reckon there are a handful of great tracks spread over the two albums and as many folks have stated in the past it may have been better to have released one killer album than two okay ones...They could've used the extra stuff as B-sides or something...for the hardcore of GnR fans.

With regards to the debacle I was referring to how I remembered all the hype, stores opening at midnight, copies being delivered in London by tank or whatever....everyone was stoked to be getting new GnR albums and I bought both the day of release and amongst all my buddies who bought copies none of us were going WOW over what we got, there was a lot of disgruntled talk in the pub/Banshee/Gillys about UYI 1 & 2... and eventually the use of piano's and masses of backing singers and the oncoming prima donna tantrums and late band arrivals (which after cancelling a huge gig in Manchester, that I booked the day off work to go to and cancelling it at the eleventh hour ...we found out it was off the day of the gig... to rearrange it a few days later, then promise the crowd something special ..... which involved arriving on stage 2 hours or more late, doing a short set because of time restrictions...oh do stop moaning Nick) the preception between us was that the most dangerous band in the world had gone "Hollywood". Anyway that's my and a few of my old mates beef with the band at the time. The 1st time I saw 'em Faster Pussycat supported them and it was a great gig ...they were on time (haha) and they rocked ...I have to say I still thought FP were better though...but GnR were pretty good at Donington too if I remember rightly...anyway that's my moaning over.

The albums stayed in my collection for quite some time but I rarely played them .... I've since given them to the missus some years back (I didn't want to totally get rid of them coz of the few tracks I liked) as I had pretty much lost interest in GnR....but I've yet to hear her spin them more than once.

Anyway it's all a bit off topic...it's nice to have a rant once in a while :lol:

Give me "You Could Be Mine" and keep the rest. I bought them on cassette on the day of release and found the albums massively boring and an enormous disappointment after 'Appetite'. Glad I've never picked them up on CD. :whistle:

Are all of you guys smoking crack? YOU THINK AXL IS A GOOD VOCALIST??? 4 REAL?? LIKE YOUR BEING SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAY THAT HE'S A TALENTED VOCALIST!! your not just being cynical or sarcastic? it's not like an inside joke where we all talk about what a good singer or band someone is, openly, but it's because everyone is on the same level mentally and we all know we are saying the exact opposite of what the case really is, you know like the entire Crisis Party is one of the greatest Cd's of all time banter that has taken place?? AXL ROSE IS A FUCKING HORRIBLE VOCALIST, AND THE ONLY THING THAT MADE HIM EVEN REMOTELY STANDABLE WAS THE MIND FUCKING PURE KICK ASS FUCKING HARD ROCK(METAL BACK THEN) THAT THE BAND POURED INTO OUR EARS, AS FAR AS I'm CONCERNED, APPETITE COULD'VE HAD MICHAEL FUCKING BOLTON SINGING ON IT, OR BEEN RELEASED AN INSTRUMENTAL AND IT WOULD'VE HAD THE SAME EXACT EFFECT ON ME, IT WAS THE MUSIC THAT MADE THAT ALBUM WHAT IT WAS, NOT THE OBNOXIOUS SCREECHING, NASAL GARBAGE THAT AXL ROSE DRIPPED ACROSS IT, Seriously if you must have that irritating nasal sound Stephen Shareaux does it a million times better then Axl Rose does, and hes got a good voice on top of it! sorry, I didn't think use your illusion was even an OK album, you guys IMO give it WAY WAY TO MUCH CREDIT! why because they put a fucking ballad on it? they played pianos, and introduced some string arrangements? and decided to rip there fans off by releasing 2 Cd's both full length releases at regular CD prices full of mediocre songs? sorry folks, you can obviously tell my feelings on this band, Appetite, then they were history, fuck Slash's Snakepits Cd's were better then Illusion, BTW, since i never even bothered, could you folks tell me how good Chinese Democracy is? how does it sound?

• My Little Pony

Are all of you guys smoking crack? YOU THINK AXL IS A GOOD VOCALIST??? 4 REAL?? LIKE YOUR BEING SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAY THAT HE'S A TALENTED VOCALIST!! your not just being cynical or sarcastic? it's not like an inside joke where we all talk about what a good singer or band someone is, openly, but it's because everyone is on the same level mentally and we all know we are saying the exact opposite of what the case really is, you know like the entire Crisis Party is one of the greatest Cd's of all time banter that has taken place?? AXL ROSE IS A FUCKING HORRIBLE VOCALIST, AND THE ONLY THING THAT MADE HIM EVEN REMOTELY STANDABLE WAS THE MIND FUCKING PURE KICK ASS FUCKING HARD ROCK(METAL BACK THEN) THAT THE BAND POURED INTO OUR EARS, AS FAR AS I'm CONCERNED, APPETITE COULD'VE HAD MICHAEL FUCKING BOLTON SINGING ON IT, OR BEEN RELEASED AN INSTRUMENTAL AND IT WOULD'VE HAD THE SAME EXACT EFFECT ON ME, IT WAS THE MUSIC THAT MADE THAT ALBUM WHAT IT WAS, NOT THE OBNOXIOUS SCREECHING, NASAL GARBAGE THAT AXL ROSE DRIPPED ACROSS IT, Seriously if you must have that irritating nasal sound Stephen Shareaux does it a million times better then Axl Rose does, and hes got a good voice on top of it! sorry, I didn't think use your illusion was even an OK album, you guys IMO give it WAY WAY TO MUCH CREDIT! why because they put a fucking ballad on it? they played pianos, and introduced some string arrangements? and decided to rip there fans off by releasing 2 Cd's both full length releases at regular CD prices full of mediocre songs? sorry folks, you can obviously tell my feelings on this band, Appetite, then they were history, fuck Slash's Snakepits Cd's were better then Illusion, BTW, since i never even bothered, could you folks tell me how good Chinese Democracy is? how does it sound?

So I'm not alone? I never understood the love for Guns N Roses.

Damn Cody you could have just said you hated Axl's voice and didn't like the Illusion albums and saved yourself some time. :lol:

I guess it just comes down to a matter of opinion but I always dug Axl's voice and lyrics. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't put him in the same category as say the Dio, Dickinson, Halford group but his voice fit the music well plus he had that thing going with multiple voices going at once on the albums that I loved. Sure I like Appetite more(its my fav Rock album of all time probably) but with Michael Bolton singing it would have sucked big time so don't fool yourself there. I don't mind the softer Axl style piano songs but I prefered the more in your face stuff on the Illusions like "Dont Damn Me", "Right Next Door to Hell", "Garden of Eden", "Dead Horse", "Garden", "You Could Be Mine", "Pretty Tied Up", "Back off Bitch" and I really loved Izzy's Stones type songs "Dust N Bones", "Double Talkin Jive" and "14 Years". The only song I hated was "My World" but I didn't love "Breakdown", "Shotgun Blues" and "Get In the Ring"(sure it was fun at first but the word FUCK got old after a few plays).

Damn Cody you could have just said you hated Axl's voice and didn't like the Illusion albums and saved yourself some time. :lol:

I guess it just comes down to a matter of opinion but I always dug Axl's voice and lyrics. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't put him in the same category as say the Dio, Dickinson, Halford group but his voice fit the music well plus he had that thing going with multiple voices going at once on the albums that I loved. Sure I like Appetite more(its my fav Rock album of all time probably) but with Michael Bolton singing it would have sucked big time so don't fool yourself there. I don't mind the softer Axl style piano songs but I prefered the more in your face stuff on the Illusions like "Dont Damn Me", "Right Next Door to Hell", "Garden of Eden", "Dead Horse", "Garden", "You Could Be Mine", "Pretty Tied Up", "Back off Bitch" and I really loved Izzy's Stones type songs "Dust N Bones", "Double Talkin Jive" and "14 Years". The only song I hated was "My World" but I didn't love "Breakdown", "Shotgun Blues" and "Get In the Ring"(sure it was fun at first but the word FUCK got old after a few plays).

:agree:

And the key point made "his voice fit the music well"

And I didn't hate My World, but they could have left it off.

Personally I think rants like above...well, to each his own opinion but some of the statement are like someone is "smoking crack". You can hate GnR, UYI releases, Axl Rose, all you want...but Michael Bolton? Hope that is sarcasm. And sure, Rose is a douche but that aside, he penned the lyrics for most the songs on Appetite AND he had a hand in that "music" on about half the songs...that music being so good it could have been instrumental or had Bolton on it...yeah right, wow.

I don't smoke. Not crack, not tobacco, not meat-poles. And yes, I think Axl Rose is a good vocalist. He has a great voice for the sleazy, street-swaggering hard rock GNR cranked out back in the day. No cynicsm, no sarcasm--Axl is a good singer within the framework of the rock/metal genre, and he brought a unique, distinctive edge that precious few of his contemporaries could at the time. Would he sound as good belting out sultry AOR? Probably not. But if you told me I could have Axl Rose or Michael Bolton come to my house to play a concert on my birthday, I'll pick Rose over Bolton 10 times out of 10. "Chinese Democracy" might have been a debacle, but it wasn't because of Axl's singing (other than when he electronically altered it). You're entitled to your opinion, friend, but I could just as easily ask you if you've been smoking crack by NOT liking Axl's singing.