Ebay member kavliaris1

Just wondering if any seller has had any trouble with this particular Ebay buyer from Greece... kavliaris1

He won 2 CDs from me and then mailed me and said the items were not as described (though I know they were both as described). No problem I said.. mail them back and I will refund 100% of your money. He mails back and threatens to leave 2 negative feedbacks, he even mentions it will ruin my 100% feedback score. I again said the best I can do is refund your money once I get the items back.. He then told me to refund half of his money and he would keep the CDs. So, all of the sudden these CDs are worthy of his "collection"? I should mention that his feedback is set to "private". He could be doing this to everyone he buys from and a seller would have no way of knowing this.

Any advise on the best way to handle this one..?

Send him a bag of your freshly shorn pubic hair and be done with it.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, this generally works for me. Nine times out ten it works about a tenth of the time.

How do you know Dave is hairy? :blink:

This thread sure took a wrong turn... :popcorn:

Just tell him that it's against ebay policy to threaten people about leaving negative feedback. The most important. Who is he that he sets the price of the refund? The only accepted policy is to send the cds back & get full refund. If he'll leave negative feedback he will be reported to ebay & the negative will be removed like in every similar "rip-off" case. I'm sure he will rethink all this...

Just wondering if any seller has had any trouble with this particular Ebay buyer from Greece... kavliaris1

He won 2 CDs from me and then mailed me and said the items were not as described (though I know they were both as described). No problem I said.. mail them back and I will refund 100% of your money. He mails back and threatens to leave 2 negative feedbacks, he even mentions it will ruin my 100% feedback score. I again said the best I can do is refund your money once I get the items back.. He then told me to refund half of his money and he would keep the CDs. So, all of the sudden these CDs are worthy of his "collection"? I should mention that his feedback is set to "private". He could be doing this to everyone he buys from and a seller would have no way of knowing this.

Any advise on the best way to handle this one..?

Forward his emails/messages to Ebay's Safe Harbor (or whatever they call themselves these days) and report his ass for feedback extortion.

• My Little Pony

How do you know Dave is hairy? :blink:

This thread sure took a wrong turn... :popcorn:

Where? :unsure:

I did forget to mention that he said the reason he would would not send the CDs back was that this same thing has happen 2 other times to him this recently. That just leads me to believe he has a habit of pulling this.

I've reported a extortion case to ebay so we will see what happens. Most everyone knows ebay sides with the buyer no matter what.

I can't believe nobody has come up with a better eBay alternative. I refuse to use eBay. They ALWAYS side with the buyer no matter what evidence the seller has.

True...

I actually emailed this guy back and said... "Let me get this right. If I refund you 50% you will then leave me positive feedback? And if I refuse, you will keep the CDs and open a case against me, and then leave negative feedback?"

His answer... "Exactly".

Seems pretty clear cut to me. :popcorn:

His answer... "Exactly".

Forget the bag of freshly shorn pubes. Upgrade him to a bag of dog poo.

• My Little Pony

His answer... "Exactly".

I dunno. I think the pubes are more personal. I would stick with the pubes.

His answer... "Exactly".

I'm a dog poo type of guy, send the dog poo.. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

His answer... "Exactly".

Or both. Why have we not considered both?

His answer... "Exactly".

Yeahhhh, roll it all together into a nicely aged, stinky, fuzzy patty, and then mail it to him C.O.D.

His answer... "Exactly".

Yeahhhh, roll it all together into a nicely aged, stinky, fuzzy patty, and then mail it to him C.O.D.

Anybody see my rubber gloves? :whistle:

His answer... "Exactly".

Anybody see my rubber gloves? :whistle:

All great ideas... And if this buyer was in the USA I would consider them.

Nearly a week later I never heard anything from ebay as far as the "extortion case" I opened. I feared he would file a false claim and ebay (paypal) would side with him (and I would lose everything) so I refunded him 50% of the CDs cost (Though I refused to reduce shipping).

If this buyer wasn't overseas I would have considered some of your more deserving ideas.

Sure enough... I had positive feedback left on my account, just like he said if I met his demands.

Feeding extortionists is like feeding forum trolls, they always come for more...

I agree... But ebay isn't gonna side with the seller. This guy wasn't going to send the CDs back to me. And I would have ended up with 2 negatives that weren't deserved... It's a no win situation.

Feeding extortionists is like feeding forum trolls, they always come for more...

I agree... But ebay isn't gonna side with the seller. This guy wasn't going to send the CDs back to me. And I would have ended up with 2 negatives that weren't deserved... It's a no win situation.

I wouldn't have given in. When you say you filed a case, did you file it online or phone?

Lately I've been having much better luck with results when calling eBay. I've actually been reaching native English speakers here in the U.S. and have been quite helpful... who knew?

When it comes to both PayPal and eBay, if I have any questions or doubts about what the result of any claim, dispute, or report might be, I *ALWAYS* call first before initiating anything. This prompts them to pull up my account, see my feedback, and how much business I've pumped through them from both the buyer and the seller side. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but by forcing "eyes on" prior to anything being initiated, I think this may actually route your issue differently from it being submitted by you online through automated filters. It may actually wind up in a different place.

As I said, it could all be fictional, but I've been having good results as a seller by handling things via phone.

Also, if I think someone MIGHT file a claim/dispute against me, I immediately call, before the dispute is filed. Both eBay and PayPal *LOVE* sellers being proactive. If you call them up and say "Hey, I think I might have a problem with an unhappy buyer and I just want to be sure I'm handling things properly" and outline the buyer's behavior and actions, they will put notes in your file that *MIGHT* produce a different outcome than if you just fill in a form online...

Given both PayPal's and eBay's extremely pro-buyer stance, you need to leverage any possible advantage their system gives you, to try to make it work in your favor, and one of those is the phone line.