Rock Candy is a BOOTLEG!

I noticed this also. Nice little story as usual. Someone always buys out a CD shop and happens to come across copies of a CD suddenly (Judging by the person's previous copies they have sold on the eBay history).

• 1 year later...

The guys still selling these,I was tempted but did a little digging around the forum for advice,his price is well down now,but still much too expensive for a bootleg,if someone had the artwork to send me I could save a small fortune (hint,hint) ;)

So it is a bootleg...big deal.....any of you have the silver pressed original release.????

You sure are a big supporter of a boot or cdr. Wonder why?

I understand it sucks that it was never pressed. Right, it wasn't correct? It's cool that its silver but the band has no idea it's happening?

I am a supporter of Silver disc...bootlegs and cd-r's....and I sure a majority of collectors have them in their collection. I agree it is a cool silver looking cd......I heard that David Shaw knows about this....a few years ago..and that Joey was going to officially release it...but the deal fell through as Joey was asking to much money for the release....to each his own......lets enjoy the songs and music in one form or another....Keep rock n roll 1st and play it LOUD!!!

I am a supporter of Silver disc...bootlegs and cd-r's....and I sure a majority of collectors have them in their collection. I agree it is a cool silver looking cd......I heard that David Shaw knows about this....a few years ago..and that Joey was going to officially release it...but the deal fell through as Joey was asking to much money for the release....to each his own......lets enjoy the songs and music in one form or another....Keep rock n roll 1st and play it LOUD!!!

???????

Ripping people off and I don't mean the fucking band, by trying to pass off bootlegs as original cd's is criminal. That behaviour has NOTHING to do with enjoying music. End of story.

???????

Ripping people off and I don't mean the fucking band, by trying to pass off bootlegs as original cd's is criminal. That behaviour has NOTHING to do with enjoying music. End of story.

Agreed. Let the collector decide. If he/she decides a bootleg or cdr is alright by them, so be it. But so many of these sellers are attempting to pass off fakes as the real deal by not being forthcoming with their product descriptions or outright lying. Not cool.

???????

Agreed. Let the collector decide. If he/she decides a bootleg or cdr is alright by them, so be it. But so many of these sellers are attempting to pass off fakes as the real deal by not being forthcoming with their product descriptions or outright lying. Not cool.

???????

And that is what the seller is doing if you read the description. THAT is not cool....

Yeah,if the seller is selling bootlegs then say so in the description and let the buyer have the chance to choose,I would pay to have certain cd's that are not available on that format but not the type of money banded around for them by someone who can simply press up a few more?

Good to hear all the great comments and feedback.......I agree with everyone....the Seller must put a proper description...either a silver pressed cd, or a silver bottom cd-r, or a Bootleg.....then it would be up to the individual to purchase the Product. keep Rock n Roll first:)

So dumb question maybe...how do you tell it is a bootleg? Based on the fact he is selling many copies or that you guys own the original and you can see the difference in the picture? I don't own this one and not bidding on this one but just curious how you can spot that stuff, especially from a distance?

So dumb question maybe...how do you tell it is a bootleg? Based on the fact he is selling many copies or that you guys own the original and you can see the difference in the picture? I don't own this one and not bidding on this one but just curious how you can spot that stuff, especially from a distance?

I may be wrong but I don't think it's ever been officially pressed as a cd.

I may be wrong but I don't think it's ever been officially pressed as a cd.

Off topic but nice profile avatar, Evil Rick. Go Jets!

Off topic but nice profile avatar, Evil Rick. Go Jets!

Thanks! I'm hoping for a Jets/Wild Stanley Cup final. \m/

I would imagine if someone paid that much for it, they must be a fan and know that it was never pressed (if that's the case). Maybe someone just wants a physical copy.

yeah but you're essentially only paying for the artwork as a physical cd-r can be picked up pretty easily by anyone fan or not .

yeah but you're essentially only paying for the artwork as a physical cd-r can be picked up pretty easily by anyone fan or not .

CD-rs have a shelf life though of about 10 years if you're lucky, less or more depending on various conditions. With a pressed disc, you'll be able to listen to it 100 years from now.

Not true at all - all cd's have a shelf-life.

CD-rs have a shelf life though of about 10 years if you're lucky, less or more depending on various conditions. With a pressed disc, you'll be able to listen to it 100 years from now.

Not true at all - all cd's have a shelf-life.

Silver pressed CDs have a MINIMUM shelf life of 30 years. My guess is that it depends on the quality so 100 years might not be far off the mark for CDs pressed back in the day when things were better quality as opposed to today's way of how cheap can we make things.

The flip side...a cdr...could last as LITTLE as 2 years depending on how you care for them and the quality of the item.

Replicated CDs last longer. Data is 'pressed' into the polycarbonate plastic. Duplicated CD-R data is just burned into the dye layer of a 'pre-made' blank CD-R.

You are more likely to out-live a CD-R than a replicated CD.

like i said - all cd's have a shelf-life. Have you not seen comments at Rock Report about some peoples SILVER cd's (from the 80s/early 90s) having issues?

Like I said - it also depends on how they are cared for. I still have my first cd bough back in the mid eighties. Not saying it can't happen, but there are different variables to be considered and I don't know anyone who has a silver cd that doesn't play.