Shinedown

Glen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last album was great and looking forward to this one. I have to question their record company though...they were huge in 2008-2009 with the Madness album. Why would you release a live album and wait 4 years to release the next studio album? Seems that might stunt their momentum...what are they, freakin Def Leppard?

I agree, mate. For some reason they did get pretty huge of that last disc, then to totally disappear? Stupid move... though I don't know who's fault it was. But I'd heavily doubt that they can recapture the buzz that they built with that last album.

Good luck to them, though, hope it's a great CD. Finally...

I agree, mate. For some reason they did get pretty huge of that last disc, then to totally disappear? Stupid move... though I don't know who's fault it was. But I'd heavily doubt that they can recapture the buzz that they built with that last album.

Just completed a sold out tour of pretty decent sized venues in the UK. I'd say the 'buzz' is still there

Just completed a sold out tour of pretty decent sized venues in the UK. I'd say the 'buzz' is still there

No doubt their fanbase will still be there, but I'll be very curious to see if they get any more radio play and sell records like they did on the back of the success of 'Sounds of madness.' Who knows maybe they will, but I picture a Hinder-like disappearance from the general public's eye.

No doubt their fanbase will still be there, but I'll be very curious to see if they get any more radio play and sell records like they did on the back of the success of 'Sounds of madness.' Who knows maybe they will, but I picture a Hinder-like disappearance from the general public's eye.

That new song sounded far more likely to get 'radio play' than anything on Sound Of Madness.

That new song sounded far more likely to get 'radio play' than anything on Sound Of Madness.

Indeed. As did everything on 'Take it to the limit' compared to 'Extreme Behaviour.' ;)

I'll probably make a thread about this band if the whole thing's good, but check out 9 Left Dead - 'The wrong things.' Modern hard rock in the style of these bands, produced by some guys in Hinder, I believe. Sounds pretty cool

Last album was great and looking forward to this one. I have to question their record company though...they were huge in 2008-2009 with the Madness album. Why would you release a live album and wait 4 years to release the next studio album? Seems that might stunt their momentum...what are they, freakin Def Leppard?

I agree. I loved the last disc but I have to admit I'd forgotten all about them and assumed they'd split. Shit, after the success of the last album just get anything out, no matter how good it is. Works for Nickleback. :)

Alternate source for video, since YouBook took the original down:

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/03/12/shinedown-unity-video/

Sounds killer!

Thanks - I wish people would stop moaning about the record company & just comment on the damned song lol !!

Alternate source for video, since YouBook took the original down:

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/03/12/shinedown-unity-video/

Sounds killer!

Thanks - I wish people would stop moaning about the record company & just comment on the damned song lol !!

Finally got to hear the song. Very nice. Very commercial / radio friendly, obviously aimed at bringing them back into the same limelight that 'Second chance' brought them. Good stuff.

I thought "Bully" was a poor first single. The album needs to be better than that song, which is sub-Nickelback radio-rock...

Those are some killer tracks. I'm getting it!

Loved their last release, almost forgot about the band.

That For My Sake track is amazing, one of the best I've heard so far this year.

They are modern but without the bad modern vocals (Hinder or Nickelback). They are notch above many other modern bands.

Good tunes - should be better than the last one, I reckon.

Didn't you like the last one? This one's punchier IMO, better produced too. Fewer ballad-type songs as well, but they still do those songs well...

Didn't you like the last one? This one's punchier IMO, better produced too. Fewer ballad-type songs as well, but they still do those songs well...

Yeah, I liked the last one plenty enough. Thought it was a little over-rated to be honest, but it is a very good CD, and by far their best till that point in time. This just sounds like it'll be more consistent throughout.

Yeah, I liked the last one plenty enough. Thought it was a little over-rated to be honest, but it is a very good CD, and by far their best till that point in time. This just sounds like it'll be more consistent throughout.

Other way round for me. Thought the last disc was fucking killer and think this one is better produced but very slightly weaker (though still essential).